Transfer targets (15 Viewers)

Tea & Busquets

If we are to play with 2 wide men then you need at least 4 in your squad, possibly 5.

You need to be able to cope with injuries, suspension, poor form, and fatigue.

We currently have 2, with EMC that makes 3.

I’d like one more proven and one young punt.
Great minds think alike buddy

SkyBlue_Bear83

Could we play a more traditional 4-3-3 next year without a number 10 and bin Palmer off as well?

Could well see a midfield 3 of Sheaf holding and two number 8 type players either side of him?

Similar to how we finished last season with Eccles, Kelly and Hamer as the midfield three

I think it could work more than the 4-2-3-1

skyblue_55

You have to seriously look at the spine of the side ……. A quality goalkeeper would definitely take us to another level , with the Rotherham keeper , still being mentioned & a swap with Wilson or Collins would be good . The centre half position is still a quandary , as Kitchin is no Fadz & we miss a warrior type leader at the back & alongside, Thomas isn’t there yet . Palmer , again after today , the Chelsea bias is crap , as he shouldn’t have been on after 20 minutes, as he was that poor & he is no O’Hare .
Stansfield today showed pace & awareness , with a great engine …… should we try to get him on loan from Fulham …. I know loans aren’t Doug’s bag , but Doug’s lack of football knowledge has let us down in the January market .

Matt smith

If I was a betting man I reckon we're looking at around a £15 million spend.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Agreed fella. My positions of priority are changing by the week, but the wings are of such importance imo.

haji and Emc is naughty on the left

we need a top right winger to compete with tastu

I’d like kyprianou

Im just 50/50 on whether the two Centre backs are good enough to be first choice, they need to iron out the mistakes that’s for sure

Martin180

You have to seriously look at the spine of the side ……. A quality goalkeeper would definitely take us to another level , with the Rotherham keeper , still being mentioned & a swap with Wilson or Collins would be good . The centre half position is still a quandary , as Kitchin is no Fadz & we miss a warrior type leader at the back & alongside, Thomas isn’t there yet . Palmer , again after today , the Chelsea bias is crap , as he shouldn’t have been on after 20 minutes, as he was that poor & he is no O’Hare .
Stansfield today showed pace & awareness , with a great engine …… should we try to get him on loan from Fulham …. I know loans aren’t Doug’s bag , but Doug’s lack of football knowledge has let us down in the January market .
I can't see how we have been let down in the transfer market to be honest

ptr

Could we play a more traditional 4-3-3 next year without a number 10 and bin Palmer off as well?

Could well see a midfield 3 of Sheaf holding and two number 8 type players either side of him?

Similar to how we finished last season with Eccles, Kelly and Hamer as the midfield three

I think it could work more than the 4-2-3-1
Said this on another thread. Midfield and therefore defence is far too exposed when we have a CAM.

TomRad85

It's the last straw for him mate, tough day.
Selling high is literally how clubs like ours continue moving forward. Baffling that people find this so hard to grasp. If we can still spend and keep him too then great, but if its him that funds the next spend then so be it, £15 million or whatever it is we'd sell him for can do a lot of damage.

Brighton Sky Blue

Selling high is literally how clubs like ours continue moving forward. Baffling that people find this so hard to grasp. If we can still spend and keep him too then great, but if its him that funds the next spend then so be it, £15 million or whatever it is we'd sell him for can do a lot of damage.

I mean there's no debate to be had, money like that is near impossible for clubs like us to refuse. The question is whether anyone's prepared to pay it.

TomRad85

I mean there's no debate to be had, money like that is near impossible for clubs like us to refuse. The question is whether anyone's prepared to pay it.
I can't answer that one, but I do think his value with us is probably at its peak atm.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can't answer that one, but I do think his value with us is probably at its peak atm.

That's the whole point behind these 4 year contracts we've handed out I think, so the value peaks halfway through and we can raise enough in fees to go again. Though as Hamer showed, if we decide to sell next summer we can still get a good sum for him.

TomRad85

That's the whole point behind these 4 year contracts we've handed out I think, so the value peaks halfway through and we can raise enough in fees to go again. Though as Hamer showed, if we decide to sell next summer we can still get a good sum for him.
Selling him next summer is also fine, if we need to go again after spunking bonus Vik money this summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Selling him next summer is also fine, if we need to go again after spunking bonus Vik money this summer.

The other question is which of the new intake might fetch a big fee next summer also. If Sakamoto comes back from his injury in similar form to how he was before, he'll be in high demand with a year to run.

Users who are viewing this thread