Transfer targets (6 Viewers)

Obviously at the moment there’s two scenarios on the table. Who do you think we should be targeting in the summer for either scenario? If we don’t go up, it’ll be a rebuild. The back line is either old, out of contract or on loan. Vik and Hamer will be gone.
If we go up, I feel we lack the quality of the prem.

shmmeee

First team only, if we go up we need: GK, CB x 3, RWB, LWB, AM/ST

If not: CB x 2, RWB, plus replacements for Vik/Gus when/if they go.

Garlana86

Obviously at the moment there’s two scenarios on the table. Who do you think we should be targeting in the summer for either scenario? If we don’t go up, it’ll be a rebuild. The back line is either old, out of contract or on loan. Vik and Hamer will be gone.
If we go up, I feel we lack the quality of the prem.
We lack championship quality let alone prem, we've got players that go as far back as league two. I fear we'd need a similar overhaul as the likes of forest, and even then you don't know how that will play out. Outside of the loans, vik, hamer and sheaf are the only ones I'd class as top champ/lower prem players. If we went up, we'd have likely have one of the worse squads that's ever made it to the prem from the championship.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

We lack championship quality let alone prem, we've got players that go as far back as league two. I fear we'd need a similar overhaul as the likes of forest, and even then you don't know how that will play out. Outside of the loans, vik, hamer and sheaf are the only ones I'd class as top champ/lower prem players. Im not exaggerating when I say this, but if we went up, we'd have likely the worse squad that's ever made it to the prem from the championship.

Derby 2007
Blackpool 2010
Huddersfield 2017

All went up unexpectedly and with under strength squads, of course one set the record but the other two fought hard enough to either stay up or take it to the last day. To be clear I see us losing tomorrow but if we did squeeze through it wouldn’t be a humiliation on Derby’s level.

slowpoke

What ever division we are in we need to add power and pace. I’ve recently watched a few of the top prem games and that’s the difference, they are all athletic and have pace all over their teams and speed of thought.
As for newbies we need a complete new backline one even two in midfield and a strike partner for Vik, should he move that’s two strikers.
We will have hopefully fit again COH and KP too but still need the above as well.

shmmeee

What ever division we are in we need to add power and pace. I’ve recently watched a few of the top prem games and that’s the difference, they are all athletic and have pace all over their teams and speed of thought.
As for newbies we need a complete new backline one even two in midfield and a strike partner for Vik, should he move that’s two strikers.
We will have hopefully fit again COH and KP too but still need the above as well.

I think even with KP/O’Hare we need another AM. We’ve no idea how Cal will come back or how fit Palmer will be over a season.

slowpoke

I don’t think Palmer has been fully fit since he signed that’s why we got him on the cheap from Bristol hopefully this long lay off will get him 100% fit, we have seen what he can do at full pelt but not for 90 minutes a fully fit KP I’ve got high hopes for, but I agree another power full midfielder in the role Kelly is playing at the moment I’d love.

shmmeee

I don’t think Palmer has been fit since he signed that’s why we got him on the cheap from Bristol hopefully this long lay off will get him 100% fit, we have seen what he can do at full pelt but not for 90 minutes a fully fit KP I’ve got high hopes for.

On song he’s one of the best in the division. I just hope we can get him to a point where he can play the majority of most games.

Boosh

On song he’s one of the best in the division. I just hope we can get him to a point where he can play the majority of most games.

It’s statements like this that reassure me I’m right not to believe Hamer is the best player in the league. Palmer is not in the best 20 cam’s in the division on song or not

AFCCOVENTRY

Take all of our loans out of the team. The only players that would be capable for the Premiership are:

Hamer
Sheaf
CoH
Palmer
Vik

We would need 15 new players at least.

If we stay in the Champ. All the loan players will be gone and likely Gus and Vik. Using the money from their sales will add more quality in general across the squad. However, finding the next Gus or Vik in terms of the stage they joined us in their development is not easy.

Whatever happens this summer it will be a big recruitment drive.

Last edited:

napolimp

Take all of our loans out of the team. The only players that would be capable for the Premiership are:

Hamer
Sheaf
CoH
Palmer
Vik

We would need 15 new players at least.

If we stay in the Champ. All the loan players will be gone and likely Gus and Vik. Using the money from their sales will add more quality in general across the squad. However, finding the next Gus or Vik in terms of the stage they joined us in their development is not easy.

Whatever happens this summer it will be a big recruitment drive.

If Huth can win a league title in his 30's, then Fadz can play in the Premier League.

Thread is mute anyway, as Robins will have a plan already drawn up for either scenario.

the rumpo kid

Identifying positions is one thing, identifying good enough players at a cost we can afford is something else. If we need as many as most on here are saying I don't envy robins one bit.

IN ROBINS WE TRUST 🙏

Julie SBA

Lets be honest if we go up we'd need a complete new team, if we want to stay up anyway.
OK we keep Vik. I'm not sure Hamer is going to play 40 games in any Premier League team, as great as he looks in the championship.
Our strategy should be to put together a team that will win the Championship the following season. In that, Hamer, Sheaf, COH and Vik have a place.

So GK, RWB, LWB, 3xCB, AM for a first 11

hill83

We lack championship quality let alone prem, we've got players that go as far back as league two. I fear we'd need a similar overhaul as the likes of forest, and even then you don't know how that will play out. Outside of the loans, vik, hamer and sheaf are the only ones I'd class as top champ/lower prem players. Im not exaggerating when I say this, but if we went up, we'd have likely the worse squad that's ever made it to the prem from the championship.

Champions league or happy with Europa next season then?

Flying Fokker

You mean worse than Derby County. At this stage it’s about the money. I’d like to see some ‘Big’ clubs at CA.

If We go up. It will be an experience Seeing big clubs. If we get relegated, we have experience as a fan group.

fernandopartridge

How does a team that has finished in the top half of the Championship in the last two seasons lack Championship quality. Just because a player once played in League 2 it doesn't make them a League 2 player.

Garlana86

How does a team that has finished in the top half of the Championship in the last two seasons lack Championship quality. Just because a player once played in League 2 it doesn't make them a League 2 player.
Its just my opinion, and yes players can improve or be above the league they played in so i will agree on that point. But our depth is the main issue imo, we tried playing a second string with a sprinkle of first teamers and we lost to Wrexham at home, i dont think what i said was completely unfounded.

skybluecam

If we go up we need players in every position. Vik, Hamer, Sheaf and possibly O'Hare are the only players I think that could contribute in the Prem. Maybe Wilson for continuity. Loans are leaving and Fadz, Bidwell, Eccles, Kelly, Godden, Palmer etc. just aren't at that level.

If still in the Championship:

GKs - Wilson, New Backup

CBs - Fadz, Rose (new contract), 3x New Signings

RWBs - New Signing, Dabo (1y deal)

LWBs - New Signing, Bidwell

CMs - Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles, New Signing (Kelly could be renewed for 1y)

CAMs - O'Hare, Palmer, Allen

STs - 2/3x New Signing, Godden (Vik leaving)

That's a new backup keeper, 3 centre backs, 2 wingbacks, a centre mid and 2-3 strikers I reckon we need.

Sky Blue Pete

If we go up we need players in every position. Vik, Hamer, Sheaf and possibly O'Hare are the only players I think that could contribute in the Prem. Maybe Wilson for continuity. Loans are leaving and Fadz, Bidwell, Eccles, Kelly, Godden, Palmer etc. just aren't at that level.

If still in the Championship:

GKs - Wilson, New Backup

CBs - Fadz, Rose (new contract), 3x New Signings

RWBs - New Signing, Dabo (1y deal)

LWBs - New Signing, Bidwell

CMs - Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles, New Signing (Kelly could be renewed for 1y)

CAMs - O'Hare, Palmer, Allen

STs - 2/3x New Signing, Godden (Vik leaving)

That's a new backup keeper, 3 centre backs, 2 wingbacks, a centre mid and 2-3 strikers I reckon we need.
Great opportunity but wow

Boosh

We have 3 players who could do it. Gyo, Sheaf and if O’hare is incredibly lucky with his rehab. No one else

slowpoke

Robins will have two lists, one if we stay in the championship another for the prem. if we fail tonight, don’t think we will, Robins will start his re-build, straight away the Vik & Hamer position will become clearer as will a number of our fringe players.

Users who are viewing this thread