Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

ptr

Selling high is literally how clubs like ours continue moving forward. Baffling that people find this so hard to grasp. If we can still spend and keep him too then great, but if its him that funds the next spend then so be it, £15 million or whatever it is we'd sell him for can do a lot of damage.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I completely get that. I really doubt we’d get 15 million for him.

Marty

That's the whole point behind these 4 year contracts we've handed out I think, so the value peaks halfway through and we can raise enough in fees to go again. Though as Hamer showed, if we decide to sell next summer we can still get a good sum for him.

I think we got lucky with the bid we received for Hamer, Sheffield Utd got a big fee for Berge and spent most of it on Hamer.

Happy for Sheaf to go, need to fund the next lot of recruits.

Hincha

Could we play a more traditional 4-3-3 next year without a number 10 and bin Palmer off as well?

Could well see a midfield 3 of Sheaf holding and two number 8 type players either side of him?

Similar to how we finished last season with Eccles, Kelly and Hamer as the midfield three

I think it could work more than the 4-2-3-1

Viveash hinted at this a little in his interview - he said Torp is an 8 (not 6 or 10) and said Palmer can also play as an 8. Think Torp would benefit massively from an extra body in the middle and less of a defensive area to cover.

Could be a smart move to shift to 4-3-3 next year, especially in bigger games where we've been overrun in midfield this season. Can always switch back to 4-2-3-1 against weaker teams/when we're chasing a game and bring in Palmer/EMC.

Reactions: ptr

shmmeee

I’d get an experienced CM, a young CM and go three across the middle i think. If we want a ten we have Palmer, Allen, EMC and Saka who can fill in. Midfield needs some grit and some passing quality to play more possession football IMO.

Cally Fedora

Don’t think we need to prioritise CH. Kitching will be a top notch player in time and we just slot Thomas/Binks/Lati in there with him. If you’re looking for poor value for money the championship is the place - you’ll normally get someone at the level you already have at an inflated price. Hopefully our business will be abroad or digging out gems.

Viktor17

Don’t think we need to prioritise CH. Kitching will be a top notch player in time and we just slot Thomas/Binks/Lati in there with him. If you’re looking for poor value for money the championship is the place - you’ll normally get someone at the level you already have at an inflated price. Hopefully our business will be abroad or digging out gems.
Think we could do with a younger fadz, who's happy to dip in and out. Also a nasty old head in middle of park.

I wonder if we I'll go back after mcnally also in summer.

JSL

If we managed to get Norton Brook Cuffy, McNally and Burrows from Peterborough in the summer, a lot of our problems may well be covered IMO. The rest depends on if Callum Ohare actually leaves or not.

JSL

We shouldnt need anywhere near as many as last summer and therefore the gelling period should be significantly less. It all depends how many leave and what happens late on just before deadline day, both in and out

Tea & Busquets

Haven't talked much about Wednesday but Musaba, Ugbo, Gassama, and Cadamarteri all look good. Could be good cheap signings when they go down.

Users who are viewing this thread