Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Reckon he had no idea and now backing out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know he had no idea

Cant say too much but my source says its a running joke within the club that Nixon makes things up, they have a laugh about it

He got Sheaf right because it was a deal agreed months before announcing, similar to Dasilva and Lats
Ā 

Levship20

You were shooting down suggestions of Sessegnon earlier today due to his wage, but want us to believe we are interested in a Chalobah whoā€™s on 50k a week
Yes but this is a loan to get fit and game time. Sessignon is already wanted by some prem clubs. Letā€™s hope Chelsea want to release quite a few to free up funds for Vik šŸ‘
Ā 

Ccfcisparks

Yes but this is a loan to get fit and game time. Sessignon is already wanted by some prem clubs. Letā€™s hope Chelsea want to release quite a few to free up funds for Vik šŸ‘
I suggested a loan for sessegnon and you shot it down as saying use half his wages on Oā€™Hare. Chalobah has Fulham after him? Howā€™s his situation any different to Sessegnons.
Ā 

Levship20

Chalobah has just returned to training from a long-term injury, so other clubs are unlikely to want to buy the centre-back until he has properly returned to fitness and played games, making a loan more likely if he goes.
And he can also play a more preferred midfield role
Ā 

long way home

Its great when a name drops, its what this forum should be all about. I wouldn't shocked if we enquired about him but would be surprised if we got close to this.

Keep the names coming. Nobody loses anything by it, if it doesn't come off or even if no truth in it, who cares. We will never know anyway unless he turns up at Ryton anyway.
Ā 

Levship20

Its great when a name drops, its what this forum should be all about. I wouldn't shocked if we enquired about him but would be surprised if we got close to this.

Keep the names coming nobody loses anything if it doesn't come off or even if no truth in it. We will never know anyway unless he turns up at Ryton
Iā€™ll scout Nandoā€™s to see if he has made an appearance šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰
Ā 

TomRad85

It sounds unlikely but you do get some very good loans in the Championship sometimes and I think its time to accept we're one of the bigger fish now so a top quality, slightly unexpected loan isn't entirely out of the question.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Ā 

Mucca Mad Boys

One of the most ... I have no words ... statements from Nixon. Can he fit any more non-information into a tweet ?

View attachment 33448

I can confirm that Coventry City are bidding ā€˜substantial sumsā€™ on an unnamed player but they face fierce competition for them.

Also, please donate to my Patreon here:
Ā 

Matt smith

Iā€™ll quote these all together rather than responding to the same point individually. Firstly, just to say I was airing ideas, so donā€™t have a go if you disagree, nothing personal (always seem to end up in arguments on here and just cba with that šŸ˜‚).

However I really donā€™t agree that we donā€™t need a winger, yes Haji is not a proper winger but just because we donā€™t have one doesnā€™t mean we should never have the option to play that way. I always think itā€™s good to keep options open rather than shut the door on things that could improve us. Look at our form before we went to 4 at the back, everyone was saying we donā€™t need to play 3 up top as we play with wingbacks, weā€™re now much better off for having ditched that system.

Lastly, Haji is doing a decent job, and Iā€™ve always supported him when others were berating him but I canā€™t help but feel we could do with some competition or just general backup in that area, or maybe play Haji centrally if Simms isnā€™t scoring? Palmerā€™s a decent option but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s quite as good as Haji on the ā€œwingā€? People say we donā€™t play with out-and-out wingers but we play with attackers who come from a wing-based position whilst attacking, itā€™s like a minor point whether theyā€™re classed as ā€œwingersā€ or not. I just think we could do with some more speedy player who can dribble well rather than passing it around the back a lot, itā€™d just be an interesting/dynamic outlet to have. I just donā€™t think we should dismiss something just because we havenā€™t tried it before.

Parklife.
You love a paragraph donā€™t you darling

Iā€™ve read none of that
Ā 

BlueSkiesForever

We don't play with out and out wingers. In fact Haji Wright is absolutely perfect in that position

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Haji has been great on the left, we don't need a first choice winger as we aren't going to change the system again as that would be stupid

if we get wideman it will be someone to add depth and cover to squad

We don't need a proper out and out winger or even use one that way

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Iā€™ll quote these all together rather than responding to the same point individually. Firstly, just to say I was airing ideas, so donā€™t have a go if you disagree, nothing personal (always seem to end up in arguments on here and just cba with that šŸ˜‚).

However I really donā€™t agree that we donā€™t need a winger, yes Haji is not a proper winger but just because we donā€™t have one doesnā€™t mean we should never have the option to play that way. I always think itā€™s good to keep options open rather than shut the door on things that could improve us. Look at our form before we went to 4 at the back, everyone was saying we donā€™t need to play 3 up top as we play with wingbacks, weā€™re now much better off for having ditched that system.

Lastly, Haji is doing a decent job, and Iā€™ve always supported him when others were berating him but I canā€™t help but feel we could do with some competition or just general backup in that area, or maybe play Haji centrally if Simms isnā€™t scoring? Palmerā€™s a decent option but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s quite as good as Haji on the ā€œwingā€? People say we donā€™t play with out-and-out wingers but we play with attackers who come from a wing-based position whilst attacking, itā€™s like a minor point whether theyā€™re classed as ā€œwingersā€ or not. I just think we could do with some more speedy players who can dribble well rather than passing it around the back a lot, itā€™d just be an interesting/dynamic outlet to have. I just donā€™t think we should dismiss something just because we havenā€™t tried it before.

Parklife.
Ā 

David O'Day

Lastly, Haji is doing a decent job, and Iā€™ve always supported him when others were berating him but I canā€™t help but feel we could do with some competition or just general backup in that area, or maybe play Haji centrally if Simms isnā€™t scoring? Palmerā€™s a decent option but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s quite as good as Haji on the ā€œwingā€? People say we donā€™t play with out-and-out wingers but we play with attackers who come from a wing-based position whilst attacking, itā€™s like a minor point whether theyā€™re classed as ā€œwingersā€ or not. I just think we could do with some more speedy player who can dribble well rather than passing it around the back a lot, itā€™d just be an interesting/dynamic outlet to have. I just donā€™t think we should dismiss something just because we havenā€™t tried it before.

Parklife.
TLDR
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread