Transfer targets (11 Viewers)

SHUNT31

He looks great going forward, I just hope he’s as good as Sheaf defensively, not that Sheaf’s a defensive wizard or anything but he’s pretty solid in defence.

I would have loved to have seen a massive marquee signing but that’s more hopeful wishing than reality I suppose. (Would love to see Brekalo sign though, still got be hopes for him at the right price.)
Sheaf, the player with most successful tackles in the championship, not a defensive wizard. Also sits highly for interceptions too but ok.

Skybluedownunder

Championship club Coventry is close to signing Danish reinforcements.

The Danish midfielder Victor Torp has had a great season in Sarpsborg 08, and he is now turning that season into a great change.

According to B.T. Sport is the 24-year-old Dane on his way from Sarpsborg to Coventry City in a deal for well over 2.5 million euros, equivalent to 19 million kroner.

Victor Torp emerged as a great talent at FC Midtjylland, but never made a breakthrough with the "wolves". Instead, he enjoyed success as a loanee at FC Fredericia and Lyngby Boldklub before going abroad.

In 2022, he was sold from FC Midtjylland to Sarpsborg, where he has been a big profile in the Norwegian league. Last season he scored seven goals and set up five in 33 games.

Now Victor Torp, 24 years old, has to try his hand at the Championship, where Coventry City is currently in a nice eighth place and fighting to get into the playoff game for promotion to the Premier League.

If a player from them who can’t break in their team costs €2.5m there’s no chance we are buying Brekalo from them for €4m who’s one of their best players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

If a player from them who can’t break in their team costs €2.5m there’s no chance we are buying Brekalo from them for €4m who’s one of their best players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they play for different teams skippy and Torp is a regular for the team he plays for

Martin180

He looks great going forward, I just hope he’s as good as Sheaf defensively, not that Sheaf’s a defensive wizard or anything but he’s pretty solid in defence.

I would have loved to have seen a massive marquee signing but that’s more hopeful wishing than reality I suppose. (Would love to see Brekalo sign though, still got be hopes for him at the right price.)
I'm with you on Brekalo

long way home

If it comes off it will be another young player on i imagine to be a long term contract that can be given time to bed in. Another piece of the jigsaw and another step up with the club following the model of bringing in young potential players in, with hope of having every aspect of the process to turn into a positive.

Gone are the days where we scatter gun and hope something sticks or a loan can turn into a perm. Could again be a smart investment, lets see if it comes off and only time will tell if its a good investment.

AFCCOVENTRY

Victor Torp plays the role of a wandering playmaker, his technique and creativity level is at a very high level, and he can easily carry the ball to the 3rd Zone. Compared to number 8, he is successful in air balls and is also quite sufficient for matches requiring high press.

AFCCOVENTRY

SPECIAL 🔥

Young midfielder Victor Torp, who plays for Sarpsborg 08, was recommended to Rizespor.

As in previous transfers, manager Uğur Avadan plays a role in this transfer.

Gibbo

To steel man a restrained approach: We don’t know if Vik will go in the summer, we don’t know if O’Hare will stay. Both change things significantly. It’s a tough league and January is a tough window to find value in.

We could re-sign O’Hare and Vik goes for £86m and we’ve got £10m plus the remains of the Hamer cash to finish the squad off.

Or the offers don’t come in for Vik and O’Hare leaves on a free and we’ve got a bit more wages but £10m less and an AM to buy.

Edit; By my count we’ve got at least 7 players to buy before the start of next season: CB x 2, CM, AM (if O’Hare goes), RW, LW, ST and the last four won’t come cheap.
"It’s a tough league and January is a tough window to find value in" ...is the key sentence, along with one by one by mmttww up thread that we are building for the long term, not just in a mad rush for the play offs (which will be even tougher and more of a lottery than ever this year).

Thus far King's team have a success rate on purchasing that is well above par. The jury is out on Simms & Collins and Da Silva has been rendered less useful by the switch in formation, but Wright, Sakamoto, Kitching, Thomas, Lati, MVE (and the loanee Binks) all look good to me. Only one dud, Ayari. So that is seven good acquisitions, three that could yet be good and only one dud, and he's a loan so can be dispensed with

Some on here ought to be a bit more forgiving of the King management team

SkyBlueMatt

I've never heard of Torp but from the one YouTube video I've watched, I'm certain he is the next Eriksen!

I'm still coming to terms with million pound signings becoming standard. What a turn around this club has had, from the depths of L2.
Nothing but faith in MR and the scouting team, if we get him. I'm sure he'll be a welcomed addition.

skybluecam

Haji Wright was our massive marquee signing…

Mucca Mad Boys

Tbh I can’t see why we can’t spend like £5-£8 mil on a quality player. It’s exactly what we need, we’ve got some depth, we just need consistent quality every week. Although I do get that there’s not that many options out there during the Jan window so it’d probably be tricky anyway.

Just to say, I’m not against this guy, I just wanted to see King go big that’s all 😂 I think any signings with some sort of potential are better than no signings at all, the more the merrier.

What if you could sign a quality player for €2.5m?

Your valuation is quite arbitrary because clubs identify players they want based on ‘x, y and z’ criteria and then negotiate a price. It’s shrewd business to find quality players that come under budget.

Taking a longer term approach to recruitment, our main targets might not be available at a price we want to pay this window. If want to get promoted and stay in the Premier League, there will be more changes to come.

As exciting as it is to ‘go big’, I’d rather not be in a situation where we go for bust and actually go bust. We’ve come too far to start over again!

mmttww

Assuming this happens, add cover for Sakamoto and Wright (happy if it's one player) and with Binks an option in the summer based on the chat this week, that's a good window. Only pisser would be if O'Hare does a Hamer and leaves last minute without a chance to replace him. Palmer cushions the blow but ideally, you want a body even to replace him, even if it's a loan.

Users who are viewing this thread