Transfer targets (10 Viewers)

shmmeee

Tbh I can’t see why we can’t spend like £5-£8 mil on a quality player. It’s exactly what we need, we’ve got some depth, we just need consistent quality every week. Although I do get that there’s not that many options out there during the Jan window so it’d probably be tricky anyway.

Just to say, I’m not against this guy, I just wanted to see King go big that’s all 😂 I think any signings with some sort of potential are better than no signings at all, the more the merrier.

To steel man a restrained approach: We don’t know if Vik will go in the summer, we don’t know if O’Hare will stay. Both change things significantly. It’s a tough league and January is a tough window to find value in.

We could re-sign O’Hare and Vik goes for £86m and we’ve got £10m plus the remains of the Hamer cash to finish the squad off.

Or the offers don’t come in for Vik and O’Hare leaves on a free and we’ve got a bit more wages but £10m less and an AM to buy.

Edit; By my count we’ve got at least 7 players to buy before the start of next season: CB x 2, CM, AM (if O’Hare goes), RW, LW, ST and the last four won’t come cheap.

Last edited:

Matt smith

Thought we weren’t looking at any January signings 😂

happy with this, looks in a similar mould to a billing as Fernando said

Jamesimus

Looks a good technical player that can do everything we need from a midfielder. Looks like he has the potential to do well but will no doubt need a bit of settling in time.

If he doesn’t score on his debut send him back though.

PVA

Looks a good player on the YouTube clips (don't they all I suppose)

And looks more likely to grab a few goals from midfield than Sheaf/Eccles

Evo1883

TBH
a) £2.1m was until the last window more than we’d spent on a player in decades

b) I have felt we abandonded the cheaper gambles a little this last window.

c) He’s more than Saka and Thomas and people aren’t complaining about them.
We've just gone up a level really , naturally ..majority of these players will have huge growth potential and resell value

TomRad85

Looks a good player on the YouTube clips (don't they all I suppose)

And looks more likely to grab a few goals from midfield than Sheaf/Eccles
I like the driving runs from midfield

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

He looks great going forward, I just hope he’s as good as Sheaf defensively, not that Sheaf’s a defensive wizard or anything but he’s pretty solid in defence.

I would have loved to have seen a massive marquee signing but that’s more hopeful wishing than reality I suppose. (Would love to see Brekalo sign though, still got be hopes for him at the right price.)

Noble

WhoScored doesn’t have much data on Torp but does note Set Pieces as a strength which would be perfect if true

Evo1883

He looks great going forward, I just hope he’s as good as Sheaf defensively, not that Sheaf’s a defensive wizard or anything but he’s pretty solid in defence.

I would have loved to have seen a massive marquee signing but that’s more hopeful wishing than reality I suppose. (Would love to see Brekalo sign though, still got be hopes for him at the right price.)
Won't be as good as sheaf defensively

TomRad85

I'd also like to add that if this player is the real deal , we have a genuinely superb squad to work with going forward .. the foundations are that strong we've not had it so good since the mid 90s ?

The summer could be extremely exciting
I think we'll soon be at the point where the overall squad quality is so good we'll just be looking to bring in 1 or 2 top players in the summer to go straight in the first 11.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

I'd also like to add that if this player is the real deal , we have a genuinely superb squad to work with going forward .. the foundations are that strong we've not had it so good since the mid 90s ?

The summer could be extremely exciting

Yeah tbf maybe I’ve been a bit pessimistic as it’s not the £6-£8 mil big blow out signing I was hoping for but you’re right, we’ve got a solid squad going forward and if we can add to that again in the next window, maybe another winger or something, then we’d be in a great position for next season.

Ccfcisparks

Sheaf who has the most tackles in the league per 90?

Users who are viewing this thread