Transfer targets (22 Viewers)

Matt smith

Yea fuck it may aswell none are happening now

Was told 2 one has been mentioned by someone on here a few times - Steven Alzate

The other was from Eredivisie at FC Utrecht - Can Bozdogan
There’s obviously a link there with Brighton

always linked with or sign players from there

BlueSkiesForever

There’s surely got to be some Declan Rice-lite type players out there somewhere in Europe? Clearly we’re not looking for the quality of Rice but someone with a bit of vision, quick feet, calmness on the ball, bit of height etc, there’s got to be someone out there surely. We’ve made a fair bit from the Gyokeres and Hamer deals, we’ve got a decent chance to push for top 6, I think if we just go for one quality CM then we’d be sorta set for the rest of the season.

Terry_dactyl

There’s surely got to be some Declan Rice-lite type players out there somewhere in Europe? Clearly we’re not looking for the quality of Rice but someone with a bit of vision, quick feet, calmness on the ball, bit of height etc, there’s got to be someone out there surely. We’ve made a fair bit from the Gyokeres and Hamer deals, we’ve got a decent chance to push for top 6, I think if we just go for one quality CM then we’d be sorta set for the rest of the season.
This bloke (whoever he is), Callum Styles (or equivalent), and possibly AN Other…depending on what happens with COH, and I reckon we’re set.

As an aside, I’m still excited by the novelty of paying fees for multiple players.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Thats Sheaf, we need someone who can ping a pass consistently someone who also plays with more tempo

Frostie

In my view Simms desperately needs a rest and taking out of the firing line both for the good of the team and for his own good.
Just as he's started to get a run of games, both Simms & the team performances have massively improved. That's definitely not the time I'd be looking at "taking him out of the firing line".

Also not sure where you have got this:
He's the only player who has played in every match and has started the majority and virtually all recently.
He actually has the fewest starts & fewest minutes of any of the forwards.

shmmeee

More open to Styles as a kind of mirror Latibeaudiere who can fill in a few positions but on the left, still feels a bit superfluous though. Would still like a decent signing at CM and a wide player in.

slowpoke

More open to Styles as a kind of mirror Latibeaudiere who can fill in a few positions but on the left, still feels a bit superfluous though. Would still like a decent signing at CM and a wide player in.
Too small in my opinion, we have enough short arses.
But if Robins signs him I’ll support his decision 100%

Tea & Busquets

Yea fuck it may aswell none are happening now

Was told 2 one has been mentioned by someone on here a few times - Steven Alzate

The other was from Eredivisie at FC Utrecht - Can Bozdogan
Highly doubt these. Alzate maybe but think it’s more a case of your buddy picking out similar players to Hamer on fbref..

Terry_dactyl

hardly any players on our radar for january atm. king has told robins most likely be summer before we see extra players coming in. unless players leave who need replacing.

godden and moore could be leaving for warmer climates.
An early start!

TomRad85

Too small in my opinion, we have enough short arses.
But if Robins signs him I’ll support his decision 100%
Why do so many people say this? In our current strongest 11, Kitching, Thomas, Sheaf, Eccles, Wright, Simms are all tall.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deity

hardly any players on our radar for january atm. king has told robins most likely be summer before we see extra players coming in. unless players leave who need replacing.

Interesting

I’d be a little surprised if this totally true BUT one thing King will be mindful of is signing more championship level players IF we were to be promoted. It happened to Forest and players they bought to get out of the division they have struggled to offload since …..

our new COO is of course from Forest.

I still hope this isn’t the case but …..

slowpoke

As I said if Robins deems any player good enough that will do for me I’m a bit old fashioned and believe a good big ‘un is better than a good little ‘un. We have all seen Desilva struggle with high balls pumped over the top of him to have a 5’6’ player in front is a risk imo, but if the manager thinks different that’s fine by me.

Viktor17

Not sure totally aligned with that.

They know they need additions. It's more a case of can we get what we need and want in this window rather than nothing on radar.

TomRad85

I'm not denying you get fed bits and pieces and I don't mind your input but didn't you say something similar in the summer and we ended up signing about 10 players? I don't see this being true at all.

skyblu3sk

Just as he's started to get a run of games, both Simms & the team performances have massively improved. That's definitely not the time I'd be looking at "taking him out of the firing line".

Also not sure where you have got this:

He actually has the fewest starts & fewest minutes of any of the forwards.
Glad someone else picked up in this... As I was reading I got more confused 🤣🤣.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Can Bozdoğan...

Season ticket holder at Utrecht and I wouldn't say he stands out particularly. Certainly doesn't add goals from midfield either. The thing he has on his side is age as he's only 22. He is a good player and has a lot of potential but he definitely wouldn't have been an upgrade on Sheaf or Eccles at this point in time, which is what we need.

David O'Day

I'm not denying you get fed bits and pieces and I don't mind your input but didn't you say something similar in the summer and we ended up signing about 10 players? I don't see this being true at all.

He doesn't get fed anything, his friends used to be in with the club under the old ownership but are now frozen out

And yeah he has a habit of posting something and then the opposite happening

Tea & Busquets

Can Bozdoğan...

Season ticket holder at Utrecht and I wouldn't say he stands out particularly. Certainly doesn't add goals from midfield either. The thing he has on his side is age as he's only 22. He is a good player and has a lot of potential but he definitely wouldn't have been an upgrade on Sheaf or Eccles at this point in time, which is what we need.
During that season when Schalke fielded mostly youngsters (Matthew Hoppe, Mehmet Aydin, etc) Bozdogan was doing quite well catching the eye of some big clubs. Has since fallen off quite a bit but has aspirations of playing for arsenal one day. Who knows maybe he’d sign for us as a means to the prem 🤷🏻‍♂️ doubt it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

During that season when Schalke fielded mostly youngsters (Matthew Hoppe, Mehmet Aydin, etc) Bozdogan was doing quite well catching the eye of some big clubs. Has since fallen off quite a bit but has aspirations of playing for arsenal one day. Who knows maybe he’d sign for us as a means to the prem 🤷🏻‍♂️ doubt it

Matthew Hoppe's career has got really weird. Still young also but he's really struggled to kick on after that purple patch at Schalke. Possibly too much too soon. Was absolutely dreadful at Mallorca though.

Users who are viewing this thread