The end of Sisu? (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
It is indeed worrying what it could mean for the club. One possibility though is that it puts any potential bidder in the driving seat meaning a takeover has just become more likely. Might not necessarily be a bad thing for CCFC if SISU are in the shit but I think it's right to be cautious about what it would mean. Let's face it. None of us really know for sure either way. We'll only really know if and when things unravel publicly.

The other thing is that clause with Sport England / Rugby Council...

skybluetony176

The thing it rests on then is that clause with sport england and rugby council isn't it?

That's the bit that needs further explanation. It could simply mean that they have to chuck some goal posts in a field to maintain the number of playing surfaces in the Rugby borough. Doesn't necessarily mean that it means a new training ground has to be built for CCFC somewhere.

Nick

Administrator
So if they have 44,336,534 shares, and they are priced here - http://quotes.wsj.com/PL/XWAR/NET

Am I being naive in just multiplying 44,336,534 * 5.10 PLN , then divide by 5 for the exchange rate which gives £45,223,264.68?

Obviously dont know what they paid to know whether its a loss, but if it is the case I wouldn't mind £45m.

skybluetony176

Your first point is true but not incompatible with Grendel's point

I seem to remember Ranson stating publicly that he had no interest in buying into the Ricoh and wasn't that why CCC favoured SISU and Ranson in the first place.

Anyway, what does it matter now. The lesson from this OP surely is that SISU are vulnerable to direct action and we should not, and need not, get at them through CCFC as that only damages the football club.

My point is that long after Ranson went they were publicly invited to make a serious offer for ACL. They didn't. I've suggested for a while that that was because they couldn't raise the finances and the OP if true backs that up. Grendull is trying to distract from that by suggesting that it's because it was a strategy set by some long gone former director. If we were still operating under Ransons strategy SISU would still be investing money in an attempt to reach the gold at the end of the premier league rainbow and I think we all know that isn't the case. Even grendull.

Grendel

My point is that long after Ranson went they were publicly invited to make a serious offer for ACL. They didn't. I've suggested for a while that that was because they couldn't raise the finances and the OP if true backs that up. Grendull is trying to distract from that by suggesting that it's because it was a strategy set by some long gone former director. If we were still operating under Ransons strategy SISU would still be investing money in an attempt to reach the gold at the end of the premier league rainbow and I think we all know that isn't the case. Even grendull.

Ransons personal strategy had fuck all to do with anything but ranson.

The club were never allowed to bid and the only reason the council ever wanted to sell their share was because we weren't funding their business game anymore.

Hobo

So if they have 44,336,534 shares, and they are priced here - http://quotes.wsj.com/PL/XWAR/NET

Am I being naive in just multiplying 44,336,534 * 5.10 PLN , then divide by 5 for the exchange rate which gives £45,223,264.68?

Obviously dont know what they paid to know whether its a loss, but if it is the case I wouldn't mind £45m.

It doesn't mean it is their money, just one of their investment funds.

Sky Blue Kid

No , there isn't enough of them .
However would be nice to not argue day in and day out for a change eh

Not going to argue here but, If we were getting 20-22k average gates on SISU arrival and now getting 7-8k gates, doesn't that mean there are about14-15k fans not paying to watch games at the Ricoh, and if that is right are they not NOPM?

Nick

Administrator
Not going to argue here but, If we were getting 20-22k average gates on SISU arrival and now getting 7-8k gates, doesn't that mean there are about14-15k fans not paying to watch games at the Ricoh, and if that is right are they not NOPM?

Not really. I would say NOPM is people who specifically decide not to go to simply starve SISU out. Rather than Big Dave who has taken up golf instead or people like Hill who have had a baby and spend their days with them.

The Penguin

Sisu additionally lost their star players to another investment fund called Izurium Capital.
Saw the name Walter Bosco on here a few days ago; noticed when I Googled Izurium that his name popped up....

(edit: I was beaten to the punch by Henry the Wasp)

skybluetony176

Ransons personal strategy had fuck all to do with anything but ranson.

The club were never allowed to bid and the only reason the council ever wanted to sell their share was because we weren't funding their business game anymore.

Make your mind up. We never bid because it was Ransons strategy and now Ransons "personal" strategy has nothing to do with it. There's that grendull duality again.

If the club were never allowed to bid there's only one person who can dictate that and that's Seppala. The reasons behind why they weren't allowed to bid? Quite possible my suggestion that they didn't have the backers is bang on the money. Certainly if I didn't have the money to bid for something I wouldn't bid for it. What would be the point.

skybluetony176

Not really. I would say NOPM is people who specifically decide not to go to simply starve SISU out. Rather than Big Dave who has taken up golf instead or people like Hill who have had a baby and spend their days with them.

Can't blame Hill for that. I think I went to one game in five years when I first became a dad. Also sold my beloved motorbike for the same reason. Family comes first.

Nick

Administrator
Can't blame Hill for that. I think I went to one game in five years when I first became a dad. Also sold my beloved motorbike for the same reason. Family comes first.

I wouldn't either.

That's what I mean, it isn't the same as NOPM with things like that. NOPM to me would be specifically not going with that reason.

skyblueinBaku

Sole Trader is at 96A, Ryman at 96, so I guess it is somewhere in the offices above the shops, either that or they have been given a stock room by Theo Paphitis. ;)
View attachment 5686
I've just had a look on Google maps. 96 is at the left hand end of the block (looking from the road) next to an alleyway. It looks fairly swish but is quite small and is possibly shared by several companies.

Sky Blue Kid

So because Big Dave has decided to play golf and not pay to watch CCFC it's ok? but because I hate what SISU are and stand for isn't? The endgame is the same. No money going to SISU.

skybluetony176

I wouldn't either.

That's what I mean, it isn't the same as NOPM with things like that. NOPM to me would be specifically not going with that reason.

I guess we'll only really know the answer to that once things have settled down if and when SISU go. I'd certainly expect a new owner bounce but it all depends on how sustained that bounce is.

Grendel

We had 17,000 at a game last season.

Nick

Administrator
So because Big Dave has decided to play golf and not pay to watch CCFC it's ok? but because I hate what SISU are and stand for isn't? The endgame is the same. No money going to SISU.

I think you are missing what I was saying, it is the reason for not going. If you aren't going specifically because you don't want to give the club money then it is NOPM isn't it?

Otherwise, if I get called into work urgently and have to miss a home game for example does that mean I am NOPM?

Let's not turn this into a NOPM debate though, there are a million and one of those already.

Nick

Administrator
I guess we'll only really know the answer to that once things have settled down if and when SISU go. I'd certainly expect a new owner bounce but it all depends on how sustained that bounce is.

Im having an optimistic day so I am going to say everything will be good, make the most because tomorrow or whenever it turns out it isnt as simple as this you are are council lovers again. :angelic:

AFC: Keep the SISU info coming, also if your friend can suggest any action against SISU directly that could be passed to the trust?

Sky Blue Kid

As much as my illness dabilitates me, I would be first through the turnstiles at the Ricoh or wherever we're playing.

Sky Blue Kid

I think you are missing what I was saying, it is the reason for not going. If you aren't going specifically because you don't want to give the club money then it is NOPM isn't it?

Otherwise, if I get called into work urgently and have to miss a home game for example does that mean I am NOPM?

So that 14-15k fans are getting called into work on a Saturday urgently(Strange day for the majority of workers to work)

Grendel

Make your mind up. We never bid because it was Ransons strategy and now Ransons "personal" strategy has nothing to do with it. There's that grendull duality again.

If the club were never allowed to bid there's only one person who can dictate that and that's Seppala. The reasons behind why they weren't allowed to bid? Quite possible my suggestion that they didn't have the backers is bang on the money. Certainly if I didn't have the money to bid for something I wouldn't bid for it. What would be the point.

As someone else says it's irrelevant so I won't bite other than point out the suggestion from a source that wasps were indeed lined up as buyers 4 years ago.

The Penguin

Any chance of a translation? I don't understand a word of that and don't have a translator on my phone :(
Google Translate (in all its dodgy wisdom) says that Sisu are bitching about three resolutions passed at the company's AGM earlier this year.

My favourite line is someone saying, "we have a well prepared legal service and assure that the accusations of Sisu have no basis" :)

Nick

Administrator
So that 14-15k fans are getting called into work on a Saturday urgently(Strange day for the majority of workers to work)

No, I am saying they all aren't not going for the sole reason of starving the club of money. I am sure there are hundreds of different reasons that people don't go.

Sky Blue Kid

No, I am saying they all aren't not going for the sole reason of starving the club of money. I am sure there are hundreds of different reasons that people don't go.

You don't seem to understand. Irrespective of reasons, we had 8k at last home game. They weren't all called into work urgently on a Saturday were they?
*Edit* Why not blame Big Dave for having the cheek to play golf instead of watching CCFC, or Fred because his mrs says he has to take her shopping on Saturday between the exact times of 3pm and 5pm. or Bob because he was on a promise every other Saturday between 3pm and 5pm. Inconsiderate bas***ds to say the least eh?

skybluetony176

Google Translate (in all its dodgy wisdom) says that Sisu are bitching about three resolutions passed at the company's AGM earlier this year.

My favourite line is someone saying, "we have a well prepared legal service and assure that the accusations of Sisu have no basis" :)

They wouldn't have said that if they knew that SISU batter people in court. Maybe their QC is from Canley ;)

Grendel

That still doesn't stop SISU making a bid though does it? No money to make a bid does though.

Your slavish defence of the council is tiresome - pretty much everyone accept the nopm but jobs accept the council hadn't looked for bidders. They actively sought a buyer other than us. Keep justifying it in your tiny mind though.

Users who are viewing this thread