Match Thread Swindon v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 6th Aug (15:00 Kick Off) (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 2477

Sorry nick forgot you love sisu.
We need signing asap especialy a striker who knows where the net is

dongonzalos

6 players to come in
We can write off August.
However at least this will show the budget controllers where we are at.
Swindon will be the easiest match for us in August

Nick

Administrator
Sorry nick forgot you love sisu.
We need signing asap especialy a striker who knows where the net is

We moan about signings, but we had 4 strikers on the pitch today who signed over the summer...

Can understand if it was our defence getting absolutely hammered all game, but the issue was putting chances away.

SkyBlue_Bear83

6 players to come in
We can write off August.
However at least this will show the budget controllers where we are at.
Swindon will be the easiest match for us in August
Why will it be the easiest match for us? Bury and Shewsbury were both worse than Swindon last season and don't look to have improved.

BackRoomRummermill

I'm sure once we fully utilise all our prem parachute payments and our new squad has got to know each other we'll walk the league...ridiculous comparison.

No it's not as you have just said they had all prem resources and still lost to us .... You have contradicted yourself in that they lost !

Muppet get a life and get behind the team

matesx

Last half hour was truly awful. Once Jones went off we lost all threat. We couldn't get out of our own half. Totally bossed by Swindon. Not good at all.

robbiekeane

No, I don't think you grasp it.

Every point is worth something in this league, you have to fight for it. Essentially, the points we have dropped on the leading pack today were the difference between playoffs and no playoffs last season.

By being too passive in the transfer market we have made the job more difficult for ourselves. No matter what you say, look at what's left and what's come in. The team isn't strong enough.
so just to be clear, how many points do we have?

Marty

So much needs to be worked on. Reid needs to release thr ball quick. Kwame thomas didn't look up to much. Jones going off turned the game. We'd off won of he didybt go off. They couldnt handle him at all. Dke looked good.

overall looked quite good going forward.

ccfcway

So much needs to be worked on. Reid needs to release thr ball quick. Kwame thomas didn't look up to much. Jones going off turned the game. We'd off won of he didybt go off. They couldnt handle him at all. Dke looked good. Overall looked quite good going forward.

Thanks, great post.

Honestly don't get the overreaction after this defeat, we aren't ready with our full team yet. You cant judge those on the pitch today. We will make a push in Sept

BackRoomRummermill

No, I don't think you grasp it.

Every point is worth something in this league, you have to fight for it. Essentially, the points we have dropped on the leading pack today were the difference between playoffs and no playoffs last season.

By being too passive in the transfer market we have made the job more difficult for ourselves. No matter what you say, look at what's left and what's come in. The team isn't strong enough.

Sorry but I know I should not laugh but that reply has made me pass water it's so funny hahahahaha

Esoterica

No it's not as you have just said they had all prem resources and still lost to us .... You have contradicted yourself in that they lost !

Muppet get a life and get behind the team
They were on the back of a double relegation with a new squad full of expensive new players, 13 of which they paid fees for. Yes we both lost but the comparison is ridiculous when you look at the context for both teams. It's nothing against this team they have my full support but it's the manager's transfer policy that has left us in this weakened state and when we're on 2 points at the end of August, maybe people will realise how poor the transfer policy has been in this preseason.

ccfcway

Linnel "certainly not a great game of football today, overall it was a poor performance but there are some positives"

Otis

Linnel "certainly not a great game of football today, overall it was a poor performance but there are some positives"
What, his missus has made him a lovely Victoria sponge for when he gets home and got his pipe and slippers ready?

CCFC_Charlie

City fans are a proper joke. Go all over Twitter talking about how amazing our fanbase is for taking 2'000 to the first game of the season, then barely get behind the team and then as soon as we lose get on the players backs on here and on social media. Get a grip lads. We're a work in progress. We didn't play that badly today, just need to work on putting chances away and were unfortunate with Jones having to go off. If we're still playing like this when the squad has finally taken shape I'll be worried. Anyway, Shrewsbury at home next. Probably only around 10k will turn up because that's what happens to the "best fans in the league" when we lose one game. Hopefully a few more in before then.

Nick

Administrator
City fans are a proper joke. Go all over Twitter talking about how amazing our fanbase is for taking 2'000 to the first game of the season, then barely get behind the team and then as soon as we lose get on the players backs on here and on social media. Get a grip lads. We're a work in progress. We didn't play that badly today, just need to work on putting chances away and were unfortunate with Jones having to go off. If we're still playing like this when the squad has finally taken shape I'll be worried. Anyway, Shrewsbury at home next. Probably only around 10k will turn up because that's what happens to the "best fans in the league" when we lose one game. Hopefully a few more in before then.

Exactly, and the missed chances are down to the strikers.

It isn't all down to bad performances from the defence is it?

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
Not being funny but the guy who has just been on sounds absolutely furious. This bloke's also not happy. Christ, wasn't expecting THIS level of anger.

Users who are viewing this thread