Match Thread Swindon v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 6th Aug (15:00 Kick Off) (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

So what you're saying is it might be a risk, but it depends on how the rest of the season turns out and what players we bring in?

I've effectively said the same thing, so I don't know why you have to dismiss all my comments?

Regardless of what players we bring in, regardless of where we finish, the job is harder if we write off the first few games. That's comprehendible fact.

As TM has admitted missing multiple targets, has admitted that this was not what he wished to be so unprepared, why can't you see that this wasn't the master plan? It's just the way things have fallen. He's not panicking though and biding his time to get better players, which is alright, but obviously not ideal currently as we can drop points.

We are where we are, we may well do well, and I hope so, but we have more points to catch up. If the manager had targets he lost, he should have had others lined up, it's his job. That's literally all I'm saying, so I don't know why throwing around 'retarded' is supposed to be ok?

How don't you understand this?

You're not saying the same thing are you. You said that we've made it harder for ourselves to get promotion by waiting this long. Well we don't know that yet do we? If we sign 6 premier league players next week then we didnt make it harder did we?

What's the alternative to this situation? Buying shitter players earlier in the transfer window? Does that make it easier to get promoted?

You're either very stupid or you're too stubborn to admit that im right

Gazolba

Obviously very poor substitutions by TM. Should have brought on Tudgay at half time.

The Reverend Skyblue

I just don't understand Mowbrays reluctance to play Tudgay.
He's a better finisher than Thomas and the others upfront.
Why did he sign him on another contract when he doesn't play him, just don't understand it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How don't you understand this?

You're not saying the same thing are you. You said that we've made it harder for ourselves to get promotion by waiting this long. Well we don't know that yet do we? If we sign 6 premier league players next week then we didnt make it harder did we?

What's the alternative to this situation? Buying shitter players earlier in the transfer window? Does that make it easier to get promoted?

You're either very stupid or you're too stubborn to admit that im right

Its a simple as this:

By being as slow as we have been in the transfer window, it may well prove to be a good risk, maybe a bad one.

You think it'll probably pay off and be ok, I however think it's probably an unnecessary risk to take, and that TM should have been more ruthless to date (no that doesn't mean signing players like Malaga and Manset).

I respect your opinion, however politely disagree with it. I think we should have done better in the transfer market so far and avoided the situation we're in.

I'm not stupid or stubborn, I just have a difference of opinion. Let's hope however, it proves to be a good season, and that you are right.

Pipehitterz

We weren't any worse than swindon , they're gonna have a shit season judging by what I just saw
We all knew this was gonna be us until the recruitment is in.
Saw a hell of a lot of potential , if we had armstrong today we would have scored 3 easily

skyblue025

Just got back. Don't know why I bother to go Swindon, same every year, concede a late goal and come away pissed off.

Played well first half, awful second half. Totally outplayed in midfield second half, Mowbray did nothing to change it.

Jones limped off hopefully only cramp.

ccfc92

So now the season has started, and the sensible posters were concerned 3 weeks ago, can we now all be concerned?

I was surprised we played as well as we did today with such a poor squad, and we still didn't play that well!

ccfc92

Just got back. Don't know why I bother to go Swindon, same every year, concede a late goal and come away pissed off.

Played well first half, awful second half. Totally outplayed in midfield second half, Mowbray did nothing to change it.

Jones limped off hopefully only cramp.

And the worst bit is the farmers become vocal after their 80th minute goal. Swindon are the greatest the world has ever seen apparently?

ccfcway

Stuart now
So now the season has started, and the sensible posters were concerned 3 weeks ago, can we now all be concerned?

I was surprised we played as well as we did today with such a poor squad, and we still didn't play that well!

Wait till Sept, we will be fully up top speed then

Hobo

First four or five games are always a lottery until things settle down.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just watched the highlights wasn't at the game that a fair reflection? I listened to the 2nd half on the radio thought Thomas missed a sitter from 6 yards for them? Sure CWR mentioned their keeper pulling off a superb save with his legs from Reid it might have been.

That G Thomas miss in the first half was poor came unexpected & quixky but need to be hitting the target you feel!

Otis

Thomas isn't going to make it as a decent striker at this level. He never converts his chances.

We had plenty of chances to get a goal but didn't convert.
My concern too. When you think back to McSheffrey he had a striker's instinct and a calmness in front of goal.
Just haven't seen any of that from Thomas yet.

Stress the word 'yet' though, cos we can't just write him off just yet.

I have yet to see the killer, goal sniffer's instinct from him thus far.

Let's cross our fingers, cos there would be nothing better than having one of our own as our leading goalscorer.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My concern too. When you think back to McSheffrey he had a striker's instinct and a calmness in front of goal.

Let's cross our fingers, cos there would be nothing better than having one of our own as our leading goalscorer.

Let's hope he bags a dozen by the new year & we are turning down £100k bids in hope of getting £200k off Sheffield United! That's the dream!

AFCCOVENTRY

The biggest criticism Mogga has of him is that he gets into goal scoring positions but can't convert. Indeed look at Sheff and Wilson as an example. Pure instinct in front of goal. It's different at u21 level where you have 20 chances and score 2 goals, but at this level you get a couple and have to make it count.

I fear he is another one of this that could have been but will drop down the footballing ladder to non-league level. Once Reid is fully fit and the new striker comes in, I can see him vanishing.

Hadji10

Nt sure what's worse; George Thomas's finishing, or losing to a team that not only had Connor Thomas playing, but playing in defence!

Embarrassing post. Picking on two young lads from our academy when there's far more pressing issues.

stupot07

I thought his first chance was a difficult one, came at him quickly, a bit unexpected and an awkward height. I can't hold that one against him

His second one, he should have been more decisive either play Jones in or pick your spot.

I think there's a good player in their, his movement is very good and he seeks to have a decent brain. I think a lot of it is confidence and if he scores one he'll go on to score a few

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought his first chance was a difficult one, came at him quickly, a bit unexpected and an awkward height. I can't hold that one against him

His second one, he should have been more decisive either play Jones in or pick your spot.

I think there's a good player in their, his movement is very good and he seeks to have a decent brain. I think a lot of it is confidence and if he scores one he'll go on to score a few

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I said pre season if he can work on his end product, he'll get a few goals. Isn't the prolific goal scorer we need, but he has goals in him.

chiefdave

Thomas isn't going to make it as a decent striker at this level. He never converts his chances.
Right, that's it then, lets get rid of him.

The kids 19 making, what, his third start after playing a couple of nothing games at the end of last season. Lets give him a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread