Match Thread Swindon v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 6th Aug (15:00 Kick Off) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Swindon v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Hadji10

Don't know much about Swindon but seemed to struggle towards the back end of last season. Lost Ajose who's a good striker at this level. Based on what I've seen pre-season I'd go with

RCC; DKE, Willis, Ricketts, Harries, Haynes; Rose, Gadzhev; Jones, Thomas, Ruben.

That back 5 scares the living shit out of me.

1-3 loss.

theferret

Fancy a win but would take a draw all things considered. Swindon look a poor side. Our youth and inexperience might not be too much of a hindrance - it's not a wet Tuesday in February. Looks like it might be warm and sunny, pitch will be perfect, so ideally suited to teams who like to get it down and play. I think we might surprise a few people.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We could be fortunate that we are playing Swindon, there fans are very upset with how their preseason has gone. Gonna go for us to edge it 2-1 in a match of little quality.

Astute

We look poor so far. They look worse. 1-1 draw both goals from defensive mistakes.

FRY-CCFC

Christ you lot are depressed.

RCC

Willis Ricketts Harries

Kelly-Evans Rose Gadzhev Haynes

Jones Sordell Reid

2-0 city

Hadji10

Do people actually believe the cold weather, Tuesday night away theory? Because I think it's a load of bollocks. If you're not good enough or expiernced enough the surroundings don't matter, you'll get found out.

FRY-CCFC

Do people actually believe the cold weather, Tuesday night away theory? Because I think it's a load of bollocks. If you're not good enough or expiernced enough the surroundings don't matter, you'll get found out.
I feel like if Kelly-Evans/Harries weren't good enough, they wouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Brylowes

2-1 loss we look week in key positions, preying we bring in at least
One CB before Saturday who can go straight in, not hopeful though.
:(:(

theferret

Over time you will, but last season we started well and ended well, and clearly found it hard going over the winter. That's not theory, it's fact.

I'm referring to Saturday as a one off game - the young players, players who might get found out over a long hard season, will at least go into this game fit and fresh and the conditions will play a part because if it is as warm as forecast it will affect the pace of the game.

The squad is not nearly strong enough for the season ahead, but it is more than capable of getting a result on Saturday.

ccfcway

If someone would have said to me at the end of last season "we will kick off the 1st game with K-Evans and Haynes as wing backs"...................

2-0 Swindon

SkyBlue_Bear83

If someone would have said to me at the end of last season "we will kick off the 1st game with K-Evans and Haynes as wing backs"...................

2-0 Swindon
Give them a chance, Haynes is still developing and I doubt you've seen much of D.K.Evans to judge. I seem to remember some users on here (mainly you) were constantly mocking and taking the piss that Callum Wilson was going to be in our first team going into the sixfields season.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

3-1 Swindon

johnwillomagic

I think it will be a 1-1 draw.....surprised on Tudguy not starting in lots of sides given pre-season top scorer?
I think we will go 3-4-3 and based on injuries/suspensions/etc.....reckon it will be the following.

RCC GK
Haynes LWB
Kelly Evans RWB
Ricketts CB
Harries CB
Willis CB
Gadhzev CM
Rose CM
Reid ATT
Sordell ATT
Tudguy ATT

Subs: Burge, Leahy, Kelly-Evans, Spence, Lameiras, Jones, G,Thomas

Like the look of the front three actually with Tudguy hold up man and Sordell and Reid with pace running off them - hey with Lameiras and Jones impact subs.....
sod it 2-1 City!

Brylowes

Give them a chance, Haynes is still developing and I doubt you've seen much of D.K.Evans to judge. I seem to remember some users on here (mainly you) were constantly mocking and taking the piss that Callum Wilson was going to be in our first team going into the sixfields season.
I would rather have inexperienced players up front than in defence.

Skyblueweeman

This time last year, I said we'd get battered on the opening day of the season. We ended up beating Wigan 2-0.

Therefore, I think we're going to get battered 4-0 (2-0 City...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vow

We'll break that bogey side-hoodoo and win 2-1 :D

Gint11

1-2 City. Scrappy. Cagey affair but we will edge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

Not sure if Willis is fit due to the knock he got against Nuneaton but for me it will be:

-----RCC-----
----DKE-----Willis-----Ricketts-----Stokes-----Haynes----
Rose-----------Gadzhev
------Sordell-------Tudgay-------Reid------

Bench:
Addai, Harries, Leahy, Jones, Lameiras, Spence, G. Thomas

skyblueelephant76

Not sure if Willis is fit due to the knock he got against Nuneaton but for me it will be:

-----RCC-----
----DKE-----Willis-----Ricketts-----Stokes-----Haynes----
Rose-----------Gadzhev
------Sordell-------Tudgay-------Reid------

Bench:
Addai, Harries, Leahy, Jones, Lameiras, Spence, G. Thomas

Willis should be fine but Stokes is suspended and even if he wasn't I doubt he would be fit to play.

SkyBlueCRJ

Willis should be fine but Stokes is suspended and even if he wasn't I doubt he would be fit to play.

Oh yes so he is, I completely forgot about his little homophobia tweet mishap. Thats true actually even without that you're probably right its doubtful he would've been in contention

Users who are viewing this thread