Sunderland crowd.. (2 Viewers)

David O'Day

Only thing I want to say is that the idea that this game should have a larger crowd than teh first home game of the season is nonsense not matter what the ticket prices are.

Brylowes

Fixed it for you
For the record I completely agree with the general increase in ST prices and in line with that match day ticket prices obviously have to be increased, but in the current economic climate and in a city like Coventry, nothing will convince me that charging £20 more than ST price £37 for a single ticket is the correct thing to do.
There is undoubtedly a good feeling around the club atm, the perfect opportunity to target growing the fan base and increasing revenue, these prices are likely to have a negative impact on those targets.

MalcSB

For the record I completely agree with the general increase in ST prices and in line with that match day ticket prices obviously have to be increased, but in the current economic climate and in a city like Coventry, nothing will convince me that charging £20 more than ST price £37 for a single ticket is the correct thing to do.
There is undoubtedly a good feeling around the club atm, the perfect opportunity to target growing the fan base and increasing revenue, these prices are likely to have a negative impact on those targets.
So you think revenue will be down this season?

SonofErnie

Logically there are a large number (myself included) who have converted from game by game tickets to season tickets, therefore would we not expect a lower contingent of advance or buy on the gate purchases than last season?

No doubt the price for this game is impacting the attendance, but is it really a much as people are saying?

Evo1883

Sunderland have got about 250 tickets left to sell out, so looks like it wasn't mispriced - in terms of away fans.
If the away end was fully allocated to them it would be 4500 police are ensuring 3000 , they'd be 1750 short .. they're a huge club the fact they're struggling to sell them should atleast say something

Evo1883

Only thing I want to say is that the idea that this game should have a larger crowd than teh first home game of the season is nonsense not matter what the ticket prices are.
Why ? Boro was a 12:30 on sky , we sold roughly 2500 -3000 matchday tickets in total ontop of ST sales for the home end

Skyblueweeman

Not sure if this has already been posted, but just found this and, as much as I can't abide the Mackems, I agree with this.
Love the opening bit about how they haven't won at our place in 40nyears though 🩵

Wow - something written by a Sunderland AFC fan that didn't mention JH, delays, relegation or snipping at Cov. Fair play.

Agree with the sentiments as well.

clint van damme

Here
“the perfect opportunity to target growing the fan base and increasing revenue, these prices are likely to have a negative impact on those targets.”

And this is what I mean by anecdotal evidence, revenue is clearly going to increase this year but could it have increased more?

There's certainly a few areas where it hasn't been maximised.

MalcSB

And this is what I mean by anecdotal evidence, revenue is clearly going to increase this year but could it have increased more?

There's certainly a few areas where it hasn't been maximised.
Always next season for that. At least this year income from player sales seems, so far, to have been reinvested in the squad rather than to bail out failing revenues elsewhere.

clint van damme

Always next season for that. At least this year income from player sales seems, so far, to have been reinvested in the squad rather than to bail out failing revenues elsewhere.

Yeah, we're going in the right direction in so many ways, I wouldn't argue differently even if I disagree with one or two policies.

MalcSB

I am also wondering whether there will be any match packages this year. Doug could decide to hold his nerve for this season. If there are, they would have to be a significant difference to ST equivalent price per match, ST holders having paid for matches they may not be able to attend and being unable to cherry pick the rest.

napolimp

If the away end was fully allocated to them it would be 4500 police are ensuring 3000 , they'd be 1750 short .. they're a huge club the fact they're struggling to sell them should atleast say something

From a business point of view I guess the goal would be to sell all the tickets for the highest price possible. From that point of view it would be mission accomplished if they just managed to sell out. A lower price would have meant they sold faster, but still the same amount of tickets. From every other point of view I agree with you, I think it's unfair pricing.

clint van damme

I am also wondering whether there will be any match packages this year. Doug could decide to hold his nerve for this season. If there are, they would have to be a significant difference to ST equivalent price per match, ST holders having paid for matches they may not be able to attend and being unable to cherry pick the rest.

Well given the difference between per game price for STs and match day prices there's plenty of s ope for something pitched inbetween the two.

Definitely itely should be looking at it, and probably is.

Brylowes

Here
“the perfect opportunity to target growing the fan base and increasing revenue, these prices are likely to have a negative impact on those targets.”
So where have I said revenue will be down ?
It is possible to increase financial revenue from any financial position.

win9nut

UK minimum wage = £10.43/hour
Full time employee (40 hour week) = £417 (rounded)
Tax & NI = £56
Take Home Pay = £361
Ticket cost as a % of income = 10.2%

skybluegod

UK minimum wage = £10.43/hour
Full time employee (40 hour week) = £417 (rounded)
Tax & NI = £56
Take Home Pay = £361
Ticket cost as a % of income = 10.2%

Are all Coventry fans on minimum wage? At least use a metric like average wage for the area if you want to make that point.

Ashdown

Ticket pricing driven by demand. Happening for Messi games in USA where pricing is reaching $20,000 per ticket per game due to demand. High demand equals high pricing. Not on the black market though standard ticket policy.
So much is wrong with America, why do the UK follow the US down the same miserable routes that create such an uneven and fractured society. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this sort of nonsense at the big 6 clubs in the Prem but doubt it will get as far down as the Coventry City’s .
There is already a version in Spain whereby pricing increases dramatically for the visit of Real and Atletico Madrid and Barca.

bigfatronssba

Don't understand the category pricing. I'd understand it in the Premier League where the desire to see Man City players would be greater than that to see Bournemouth players, but in the Championship I'd have thought you go to watch your team - it's not like any clubs in the division are going to have must see players anyway. Would make more sense if they had more categories within each fixture - depending on where you were sat in the ground.

It’s to spread the income out evenly across all games.

If pricing is a big factor as people in this thread think, we’ll have the same number of fans at the Huddersfield game as the Sunderland one

win9nut

Are all Coventry fans on minimum wage? At least use a metric like average wage for the area if you want to make that point.
I was just throwing numbers around...

As requested:
Average salary in Cov = £33k (per payscale.com)
Weekly = £635 (rounded)
Tax & NI = £126
Take Home Pay = £509
Ticket cost as a % of income = 7.3%

Evo1883

It's the first home game of the season, if you want to be wrong then fair fucks mate
I'd imagine it's more to do with the match / how we are doing .. like last season the first arena game was lower than the second .. if we play Leicester tomorrow its more than boro surely ?

clint van damme

This forum will explode if dynamic ticket pricing is ever used for our games. Already used in the US and starting to be used for some events here

Maybe they should try dynamic pricing based on the level of customer service and efficiency!

Brylowes

Anyone working a 40 hour week should be able to afford the luxury of supporting their football club on a Saturday afternoon, so whether everyone in Coventry is on min wage or not, it should be the figure ticket prices are aimed at.

chiefdave

So much is wrong with America, why do the UK follow the US down the same miserable routes that create such an uneven and fractured society. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this sort of nonsense at the big 6 clubs in the Prem but doubt it will get as far down as the Coventry City’s .
There is already a version in Spain whereby pricing increases dramatically for the visit of Real and Atletico Madrid and Barca.
It’s already been used in the U.K. for gigs with less than 5K capacity so it’s not out of the question it comes to us eventually. Suspect it will start out with the top handful of clubs and if they don’t make too much fuss it will spread.

MalcSB

I was just throwing numbers around...

As requested:
Average salary in Cov = £33k (per payscale.com)
Weekly = £635 (rounded)
Tax & NI = £126
Take Home Pay = £509
Ticket cost as a % of income = 7.3%
If you are throwing numbers around, surely you should throw in the weeks when tickets = 0% of income. Probably makes it more like 3.5% at Cat A prices.

skybluegod

Anyone working a 40 hour week should be able to afford the luxury of supporting their football club on a Saturday afternoon, so whether everyone in Coventry is on min wage or not, it should be the figure ticket prices are aimed at.

Get in the real world. Why is football unique? It costs something like £13 to go to the cinema these days and that has none of the overheads a football club does. It's still reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread