Sunderland crowd.. (7 Viewers)

Astute

You know nothing about me. I would give any family or friend my last penny if they needed it or help anyone out I know without fail. I’ve been through many ups and downs and seen every aspect of life. One thing I have learnt is when you stop blaming everyone else you can use that energy to sort your life out. I don’t need to show off and say how great I am to impress people I know exactly who I am and I don’t care what people think.
To tell you the truth I wouldn't want to know you with your attitude.

You say you have had many downs yet you don't have the slightest compassion for anyone having a bad time. Those who understand the most have been there. Most people have. They have compassion for people presently having a hard time. The last thing they would say is get off your arse and sort your life out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No I don’t like blame merchants. They could have afforded kids season tickets but they couldn’t get organised enough to get them in time. Tax you cannot avoid.
Yes you can. It's literally called tax avoidance. There are schemes everywhere to do it. Only trouble is you have to be ridiculously rich to partake.

Start blaming those that are the actual problem.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In the UK we're shafted from all sides and made a slave to the system. We're made to feel rich with having excessively expensive housing because the values constantly go up yet spend most of our working life paying for it unless you get the right house early on.

5th richest country in the world? Depends what stats you use. GDP per capita or per person. Manufacturing doesn't come into it much. It's financial services. So the select few get rich where the majority struggle.
Not exactly the place but I've said for a while we need to put growth on the backburner and start looking at median and modal wages. Growth is useless if it only happens for a few, and especially for those that already have loads.

hamertime

To tell you the truth I wouldn't want to know you with your attitude.

You say you have had many downs yet you don't have the slightest compassion for anyone having a bad time. Those who understand the most have been there. Most people have. They have compassion for people presently having a hard time. The last thing they would say is get off your arse and sort your life out.
Who said I don’t have compassion. Just because I said it’s their own fault they didn’t get one it doesn’t mean I don’t feel sorry for them for being stupid and waiting.

Your trying to be a hero and it don’t wash with me.

The main points I’ve spoke about are every person should be innocent until proven guilty. Correct

Matty Godden has been our best striker. Correct

Ellis Simms has been the worst of the 3 so far. Correct

I say what I see not what I think people want me to say to be liked I’m not a lemming.

Brylowes

You know nothing about me. I would give any family or friend my last penny if they needed it or help anyone out I know without fail. I’ve been through many ups and downs and seen every aspect of life. One thing I have learnt is when you stop blaming everyone else you can use that energy to sort your life out. I don’t need to show off and say how great I am to impress people I know exactly who I am and I don’t care what people think.
Generous to a fault, humble beyond compare, seen this ‘been there ‘done that, a veritable tower of strength, well experienced in life’s trials and tribulations but with a strong resolve to work and better oneself ‘against the odds.
Yet nothing in any of your posts suggests any of this is remotely accurate.

Astute

Who said I don’t have compassion. Just because I said it’s their own fault they didn’t get one it doesn’t mean I don’t feel sorry for them for being stupid and waiting.

The main points I’ve spoke about are every person should be innocent until proven guilty. Correct

I say what I see not what I think people want me to say to be liked I’m not a lemming.
I said you don't have compassion.

You stated people having a hard time in life should pick themselves up and sort their own lives out.

Me being a hero? Go and take your head for a wobble. Pointing out how badly wrong someone is makes them a hero?

About 30 years ago I was about as low as I could go. I have a personal problem where I didn't even notice how low I was. Thought life was great. My feelings work in a different way to most. I didn't even notice when people were upset. It took me nearly 30 years to realise how wrong I was. I was very much like you now. My feelings still work differently but I have learned compassion. It took me over 50 years. So there is still hope for you.

Chris1987

Be interesting the chat when Cov are away to Sheffield Wednesday. Their pricing is ludicrous for a lot of away fans in this league

shmmeee

From a business point of view I guess the goal would be to sell all the tickets for the highest price possible. From that point of view it would be mission accomplished if they just managed to sell out. A lower price would have meant they sold faster, but still the same amount of tickets. From every other point of view I agree with you, I think it's unfair pricing.

I mean if they sell one ticket for eleventy billion it’s a success from a business POV. The costs don’t scale massively with attendance so it’s all about maximising revenue. The question here is are we turning off the tap of future fans? And I’m not sure how you can argue that when we’ve got a sold out Family Zone. Even if we do have 2-3k empty seats.

napolimp

I mean if they sell one ticket for eleventy billion it’s a success from a business POV. The costs don’t scale massively with attendance so it’s all about maximising revenue. The question here is are we turning off the tap of future fans? And I’m not sure how you can argue that when we’ve got a sold out Family Zone. Even if we do have 2-3k empty seats.

Good point. May be worth extending the family zone further into the North stand, entice more people to bring their kids to the games offering value for money. In 5-10 years time could translate to increased revenue from season ticket sales.

Robinshio

Not exactly the place but I've said for a while we need to put growth on the backburner and start looking at median and modal wages. Growth is useless if it only happens for a few, and especially for those that already have loads.
Not an economic lesson but without growth that equals inflation
A fairer distribution of gains from growth maybe,

Sky Blue Pete

I’m happy it was my fault I didn’t get my season tickets in the family zone mostly and a little the club as they said initially they’d extend it as far as required

I also think that the kids prices for match day are too high and it’s putting family’s off
Both can be the case can’t they?

Astute

We won't just have lost out on the amount of kids attending but also adults who would have gone with them.

I nearly always take my little boy with me including midweek games when he has school. He would just sleep on the way home. If I refused to pay £25 for him I wouldn't go either.

We will have thousands of empty seats. We have players that appreciate the backing they get. Playing to a full ground gives us an advantage. A tenner extra or so from each kid won't even bring in a game changing amount.

Grendel

I think it's that idiot who lived in Hungary, was it Keiran?
He posts as Kizz now - offers fascinating insights into military strategy on the Ukraine thread

This guy seems far better at constructing arguments than that buffoon

bigfatronssba

What do we expect the Huddersfield crowd to be?
Huge if it’s to do with pricing presumably?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Really don't get why blocks 4 and 5 haven't been opened yet.

Can't be many more than 100-150 seats available at the moment, with the only non-singles in block 26.

bigfatronssba

Really don't get why blocks 4 and 5 haven't been opened yet.

Can't be many more than 100-150 seats available at the moment, with the only non-singles in block 26.
Sunderland fans have been sold tickets in block 6 I think so it will be overzealous segregation again

ccfc1234

We won't just have lost out on the amount of kids attending but also adults who would have gone with them.

I nearly always take my little boy with me including midweek games when he has school. He would just sleep on the way home. If I refused to pay £25 for him I wouldn't go either.

We will have thousands of empty seats. We have players that appreciate the backing they get. Playing to a full ground gives us an advantage. A tenner extra or so from each kid won't even bring in a game changing amount.
If he is a JSB it's cheaper and you get well over £50 of saving on tickets in the pack.
One voucher is 2 adults and 2 kids for £35 For a Cat A game that is substantial and there are others like that in the pack also.

shmmeee

If he is a JSB it's cheaper and you get well over £50 of saving on tickets in the pack.
One voucher is 2 adults and 2 kids for £35 For a Cat A game that is substantial and there are others like that in the pack also.

Is that £35 all in??

So you’re getting potentially £124 of value for £35?

Even if you only do one game it would mean £85 for a family of four is the most anyone would pay. If you take £37 x 2 adult tickets off that’s two kids for £11!

I feel like the club doesn’t publicise this enough. The JSB page just says vague “vouchers”.

Seems to be TBH that if you were that broke you’d be looking for these kind of deals at least.

Users who are viewing this thread