Steven Pressley at Sky Blue Trust meeting (1 Viewer)

Should ask him how many players we are off being a challenging Championship side again.

Good work sw88 BTW....

sw88

Chief Commentator!
@barmymambaarmy: @CJ_covblaze with stated focus on the academy, does sp Intend to be hands on & spend time influencing the training/playing style of academy?

@CJ_covblaze: @barmymambaarmy SP: My number one priority is the 1st team however the academy is important

sw88

Chief Commentator!
@dan1bartlett: @CJ_covblaze I'd love to know what you write in that notepad during a game? Could you tell us exactly? #askpressley

@CJ_covblaze: @dan1bartlett SP: My shopping list!

@CJ_covblaze: @dan1bartlett SP: I always carry a notebook on me. During a game it's just tactics ect

Tonylinc

Many thanks for that SW88. You have worked tirelessly for the cause tonight. Go and enjoy your pint (or two):D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did anyone ask why he is playing Moussa out of position? Why his team doesn't play with any proper wide players or width? What Mcsheffrey did to get dropped from the match day squad entirely?

Mucca Mad Boys

Did anyone ask why he is playing Moussa out of position? Why his team doesn't play with any proper wide players or width? What Mcsheffrey did to get dropped from the match day squad entirely?

Moussa isn't really being played out of position, he's a winger/CM, and I personally don't think he's been great in CM since about MK Dons away.

Nonleagueherewecome

@CJ_covblaze: Jim (did the PA at Highfield Road!): Have you identified the area needed to improve?

(Wonder if his voice is that deep in real life! Then again, its probably how hes been identified ;) )

It is that deep. Maybe even deeper in real life. I felt as I was slipping into Alan's Deep Bath for a minute .

torchomatic

Me and NLHWC went. I must say SP was really impressive and I really do think he can make a success of Coventry City. Nice of him to sign a birthday card for my CCFC mad son who's 7 tomorrow.

Good night.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What did McSheffery do to get dropped? He did nothing! Thats why he got dropped! :D

I agree with him getting dropped from the first 11, I just thought with his contract running out Pressley would have wanted to get another look at him during him games even if it is only coming on as a sub.

Nonleagueherewecome

There was a long part about our over-reliance on a few players for goals and how "certain areas of the pitch in the final third" need to add goals and pace to the side. He had spoken how the way Baker likes to "come inside and play between the lines" compliments Christie's pace & desire to get forward. Essentially, his avoidance of the left-sided players kinda spoke volumes. He also said we needed a No.10 with pace who could get goals. He was very adamant that he wouldn't be denigrating specific players at a fan's forum (EG on Wood, when asked if he was keen to get rid of him!).

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Me and NLHWC went. I must say SP was really impressive and I really do think he can make a success of Coventry City. Nice of him to sign a birthday card for my CCFC mad son who's 7 tomorrow.

Good night.

Agreed, he was very charismatic and articulate. Very impressed by both his and McFarlane's (wait for it...) football philosophy. One thing that he returned to several times was how important the fans were in cheering Haynes from the rafters-said that without that support the lad might not have gone on past the first 10 minutes. So let's remember that and try and get behind the lads whenever possible, even if they aren't playing great, rather than boo and heckle them! We'll be seeing a lot more young blood in the side so it's important that we back them to the hilt.

And as my first contact with the SBT I have to say that there was no arrogance or sense of a clique-just a bunch of passionate City fans who want the best for their club. They put on a very good night tonight.

TurkeyTrot

We recorded the event so hopefully we can get it uploaded onto the trust website in the next day or two.
Highlight of the evening for me is when SP was asked if the SISU out chants affected him or the team.
He replied he'll only start to worry when we sing "Pressley out!"
Came across as a very smart passionate guy. Well impressed with him.

SkyblueBazza

@CJ_covblaze: Floor: Have you spoken to SISU much since your arrival?

@CJ_covblaze: SP: Yes I have and was given assurances which I hope will come into fruition

Funny how MR wanted assurances but couldn't get them......

Maybe one that he sought was a £50k/wk increase if he got us 9pts from his next 4 games? Or that he could watch home games naked from the directors box? Or maybe his assurances sought were perfectly reasonable? One day we may find out...but don't hold your breath!

Users who are viewing this thread