Match Thread Southampton FA Cup Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
That wasn't waiting until after the play though. We'd celebrated and you could see the players look over to him multiple times to see if he'd put his flag up.
It was miles off but no idea why he literally waited for their players to run over to flag

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Great effort but fell short, again with some poor shooting partly responsible.

Just hope we can recover for Tue.

covcity4life

Can't grumble too much as played a prem team but how long is this not being clinical gonna last? Jeez waghorn shudbhave had 3

Bit still overall we r playing well and I think we will win 4 of next 6 I really do

djr8369

Great game and we couldn’t have gone any closer really. Probably could have done without the added time with the midweek game though. Thanks to whoever linked to the dodgy stream.

EalingSB

Waghorn should have scored his second chance after the initial save - simple side-foot either side of the keeper. Then Kane should have scored when it fell to him. Unlucky overall - a class goal from either team before a shite winner. Lots of positives to take into the rest of the season.

steve101

Why did Waghorn touch that. It was going in wasn't it? Great effort from the team though. Back 3 were superb. Some questioned Hyam being Championship standard - he was dominant against Premiership players today.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ah come on man, we've just given a really good performance away to a Premier League side. If anything I feel more confident in our ability to go up.

We haven´t disgraced ourselves at all, but we have a tendency to miss so many good chances and the opposition is irrelevant to the size of the goal.

Southampton will be wondering how they got away with many of those today.

Paul Anthony

Such a harsh score. Got to say we gave as good go of it as we could. I don't want to sound negative after it, but I do wish we could just make a bit more of the chances we create.

Could be a tough game Tuesday after today, let's hope everyone has come through without a scratch.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

we haven't had loads but we missed a couple of decent chances at the end but that doesn't detract from a decent performance, I just wish we hadn't had to play the extra 30 minutes.
On to Tuesday, massive game

We had loads of chances. Go through and watch it again.

Cannot believe we have only scored one goal.

fernandopartridge

The game was a mirror image of recent league games where we've been the better side and lost. Very very very disappointed in me Waghorn not going round the keeper for that chance he had from the short backpass.

On the positive side, I keep saying on here we don't need to buy a replacement for McFadz as we've already got it in Rose.

Users who are viewing this thread