Some deluded people out there (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Do people really thing Coventry City are big enough to hold onto players when Premiership clubs come calling?

Do they think that a player is going to turn down the chance to hugely increase his wages and earn a big signing on fee?

All this, "the seasons over", bollocks, get a grip!!

The biggest threat to our season was leaking silly goals week in and week out, yesterday we signed 2 defenders. The season isn't over, there's a long way to go and we're still in the mix.

We need to start winning again, but let's face it, Maddisons return has pretty much coincided with our slump in form.

Not blaming him in any way but at the same time he couldn't do anything to stop it.

Otis

Do people really thing Coventry City are big enough to hold onto players when Premiership clubs come calling?

Do they think that a player is going to turn down the chance to hugely increase his wages and earn a big signing on fee?

The biggest threat to our season was leaking silly goals week in and week out, yesterday we signed 2 defenders. The season isn't over, there's a long way to go and we're still in the mix.

We need to start winning again, but let's face it, Maddisons return has pretty much coincided with our slump in form.

Not blaming him in any way but at the same time he couldn't do anything to stop it.
It's drama queenish at its very highest!!

If only we could turn the clock back and ask these posters pre-season, what they would think if we were 5th in the table in February and would they believe the season to be over!

I'm sure they would laugh very loudly in your face!

shmmeee

Of course we could've held out. Or more to the point we could've not hawked him round for weeks then sold him for peanuts.

Seasons over may be hyperbole, but all momentum has gone out of the season and all we did was bring a couple of kids in at the back. No one to make our impotent attack look better, no one to take the strain off Arma.

More to the point Sisu just showed they couldn't give a fuck about the club long term. No cash released. Maddison sold to the first person to come along.

So statistically the season might not be over, but emotionally it is.

Covstu

I think it's more disappointing that we haven't brought any of our own and sold our prized asset. The move for the club at the moment is good I.e. We plugged the back four (or we hope we did) but long term we have one less player on the books in an already thin squad

shy_tall_knight

Crowds were up based on the better football but also IMO based on the fact that SISU seemed to be doing the right thing, proper manager, proper structure to support the manager, Walsall kept their players and there were plenty of teams interested, Walsall have owners who think longer term.

Team club fans needed a boost, this is a kick in the teeth and TM getting £500k of this in June to spend does nothing to improve how angry I am about this, UII'm realistic but he's been sold cheap, we've cashed early.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Think it's more a sense of people been pissed off him going isn't really the issue its the way it was done, most were under the impression if he went we would get a small amount of it to reinvest but them pulling it that late ment we hadn't got a hope in hell and honestly that suits sisu to the ground if it's 2 million fine at least give TM 500k to invest in the squads future beyond may the outlook is dim at best on the players under contract front. The abuse he is taking on Twitter is bang out of order thou some fans need to know their limits

Chipfat

In my opinion its just not a good deal, for short, mid or long term, i see nothing positive in it, timing is poor. The two lads signed i feel sorry for because its been overlooked and they come as highly regarded players. And agree was an area the team needed help in, lets see what this season brings few wins fans will be back. But if current form continues the owners will find it harder next year to compete with so many out of contract.

clint van damme

Crowds were up based on the better football but also IMO based on the fact that SISU seemed to be doing the right thing, proper manager, proper structure to support the manager, Walsall kept their players and there were plenty of teams interested, Walsall have owners who think longer term.

Team club fans needed a boost, this is a kick in the teeth and TM getting £500k of this in June to spend does nothing to improve how angry I am about this, UII'm realistic but he's been sold cheap, we've cashed early.

Not according to Walsall supporters!

shy_tall_knight

Well Walsall for a smaller club are in a lot better position than we are so they must be doing something right. Gone too cheap its impact on the fans may be like some its business we move on but we have a lot of wavering fans some needing any excuse to throw the towel in but others who this piece of business reaffirms that SISU whilst owners the club is going nowhere.

R

RB1992

We've let him go to tiny Norwich for an amount I'd be surprised is more than £2million. Disgrace and as per usual screams lack of ambition.

Fucking Norwich? Someone remind me who they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

We've let him go to tiny Norwich for an amount I'd be surprised is more than £2million. Disgrace and as per usual screams lack of ambition.

Sorry, but I couldn't read past 'tiny Norwich.'

R

RB1992

Probably need to get your eyes tested or increase the font size then.

Londonccfcfan

Think it's more a sense of people been pissed off him going isn't really the issue its the way it was done, most were under the impression if he went we would get a small amount of it to reinvest but them pulling it that late ment we hadn't got a hope in hell and honestly that suits sisu to the ground if it's 2 million fine at least give TM 500k to invest in the squads future beyond may the outlook is dim at best on the players under contract front. The abuse he is taking on Twitter is bang out of order thou some fans need to know their limits

WTF giving him abuse on Twitter?..fucking animals.

Astute

Norwich. Premier league side. A division 3 player has just joined them. What a shock.

clint van damme

Well Walsall for a smaller club are in a lot better position than we are so they must be doing something right. Gone too cheap its impact on the fans may be like some its business we move on but we have a lot of wavering fans some needing any excuse to throw the towel in but others who this piece of business reaffirms that SISU whilst owners the club is going nowhere.

while that may be true we've always sold our best players for fees regarded as too cheap by the support. This isn't a new thing FFS!! We were doing it when we were an established top flight club, why would you expect it to be different when we're in the 3rd division?

marcus87

I think it's more the fact the pathetic fee we sold him for, being a city fan we should be used to selling our best players but it still hurts every time

Covstu

The 7m was a vastly overinflated figure which has incorrectly managed fans expectations. Rarely is there a deal done that doesn't have add ons particularly for young players.

Malaka

The twitter abuse is disgraceful. He is a lovely, polite young man and doesn't deserve the crap he is having. Coventry would have had to give him permission to talk to Norwich as he was under contract.
Be pissed off with the board not the player. And remember, he is still a City player until the end of the season, we need to look after him if we want a promotion push

ClarkeZ

Fucking Norwich are a fucking premier league club! Who the fuck are Coventry City right now. A floundering league one club who fell from the almost-grace of premier league struggles some 15 years ago!

Norwich are a bigger, better and more wealthy club than we are. They have been in the premier league 2 of the last 3 seasons and will offer Maddison a hell of a lot more than us. This is pathetic. If you want to tell me you would not have taken a move to a premier league club in his shoes, then you're a liar or living in the fantasy land of "I would only want to play for my home team". Probably double-triple wages, plus everything else. Get real mate. If people boo him on Sunday I might lose my shit at someone.

Clint Van Damme has this post absolutely spot on. We are a stronger team now than before the deadline. We have the defensive reinforcements we have desperately needed, and we have lost no-one until the summer.

If you look at this the right way, our deals have been spot on. Yes we should have got more from him, DEFINITELY, but we have our player still and have all the tools to mount a serious automatic promotion spot now our defence have a chance of settling down. PUSB, lets fucking win the league.

Macca

Fucking Norwich are a fucking premier league club! Who the fuck are Coventry City right now. A floundering league one club who fell from the almost-grace of premier league struggles some 15 years ago!

Norwich are a bigger, better and more wealthy club than we are. They have been in the premier league 2 of the last 3 seasons and will offer Maddison a hell of a lot more than us. This is pathetic. If you want to tell me you would not have taken a move to a premier league club in his shoes, then you're a liar or living in the fantasy land of "I would only want to play for my home team". Probably double-triple wages, plus everything else. Get real mate. If people boo him on Sunday I might lose my shit at someone.

Clint Van Damme has this post absolutely spot on. We are a stronger team now than before the deadline. We have the defensive reinforcements we have desperately needed, and we have lost no-one until the summer.

If you look at this the right way, our deals have been spot on. Yes we should have got more from him, DEFINITELY, but we have our player still and have all the tools to mount a serious automatic promotion spot now our defence have a chance of settling down. PUSB, lets fucking win the league.

Can I help take the hook out?

Macca

Bloke is constantly on the wind up. I do agree with your post though in terms of other genuine fans reactions

eastwoodsdustman

Just a bit more perspective on this. His sale has allowed us to strengthen across the pitch and he's still here until the summer, when he'd have gone anyhow. If anything it should help our push to go up.
On a side note, Burton sold their best player, who's had far more of an impact than Maddison this season, for £350k to QPR.
All of the people who believe the drip fed shite from sky about a £7m offer being turned down need to wake up and realise than no one in their right mind would sell a player for £5m less than they could have done.
It's happened as it always has done. Move on and carry on supporting the team.

R

RB1992

In all honesty I'm more annoyed at the price more than anything. Like I said I'd be surprised if we've got more than £2mil up front for him. He's worth at least triple that IMO.

It does sort of add insult to injury that he's gone Norwich though, I see them as historically a much smaller club than ourselves. Good chance we'll be in the same league next season too.

Otis

In all honesty I'm more annoyed at the price more than anything. Like I said I'd be surprised if we've got more than £2mil up front for him. He's worth at least triple that IMO.

It does sort of add insult to injury that he's gone Norwich though, I see them as historically a much smaller club than ourselves. Good chance we'll be in the same league next season too.

Only triple?

Had it been me I would have held out for eleventy billion.

Plus add-ons.

skybluebeduff

You usually find the people who need a grip on life, live on here daily. It's not just football where reality has left their minds.

torchomatic

I'm interested to know why we "hawked him round". Did we invite all those scouts to watch our games? We are fifth in the table even after a shitty run and we're not still in the play off mix solely because of James Maddison.

I don't get all this drama queen nonsense from grown men. Twitter is in melt down. There are a lot of tired and grumpy City fans today torn between torching SISU HQ or booing Maddison to death. Pathetic.

Of course we could've held out. Or more to the point we could've not hawked him round for weeks then sold him for peanuts.

Seasons over may be hyperbole, but all momentum has gone out of the season and all we did was bring a couple of kids in at the back. No one to make our impotent attack look better, no one to take the strain off Arma.

More to the point Sisu just showed they couldn't give a fuck about the club long term. No cash released. Maddison sold to the first person to come along.

So statistically the season might not be over, but emotionally it is.

Last edited:

torchomatic

He's only played a handful of games and is nowhere near as good as Dele A (who everyone keeps comparing him too). He's a kid, he has potential and that's what NCFC have bought, they've taken a risk. Really can't see what everyone is crying about.

Nick

Administrator
I'm interested to know why we "hawked him round". Did we invite all those scouts to watch our games? We are fifth in the table even after a shitty run and we're not still in the play off mix solely because of James Maddison.

I don't get all this drama queen nonsense from grown men. Twitter is in melt down. There are a lot of tired and grumpy City fans today torn because torching SISU HQ or booing Maddison to death. Pathetic.

Some of the tweets are hilarious.

Grendel

I don't get all this drama queen nonsense from grown men. Twitter is in melt down. There are a lot of tired and grumpy City fans today torn because torching SISU HQ or booing Maddison to death. Pathetic.

To be fair it's funny. I'm at home today it's great seeing meltdowns and George Hudson back to his pitchfork best.

Let's be honest most have been dying to get the sisu out T Shirts back on. There is a party at Dadgads house.

Sky Blue Kid

It's drama queenish at its very highest!!

If only we could turn the clock back and ask these posters pre-season, what they would think if we were 5th in the table in February and would they believe the season to be over!

I'm sure they would laugh very loudly in your face!

If we were 5th in the league and steadily pushing on then great, but we're 5th in the league and dropping like a stone. Big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread