Some deluded people out there (1 Viewer)

idm1975

Dont agree with abusing him but can understand how pissed people will be at this pathetic deal.

mark82

I don't get those saying his sale has allowed us to strengthen. It hasn't. The signings made were within the existing budget. This was done too late to make a difference.

My biggest problem is the extra loan spot it's taken up doesn't allow us to bring in another striker on loan.

Moff

I'm interested to know why we "hawked him round". Did we invite all those scouts to watch our games? We are fifth in the table even after a shitty run and we're not still in the play off mix solely because of James Maddison.

I don't get all this drama queen nonsense from grown men. Twitter is in melt down. There are a lot of tired and grumpy City fans today torn between torching SISU HQ or booing Maddison to death. Pathetic.

I agree Torch, I didnt notice the club hawking him around, just out friendly local paper the Telgraph printing stories week on week about who was watching Maddison, and who would be signing him. They couldnt wait to print the picture of David Pleat at the Ricoh watching Maddison at any given chance. This coupled with the Independent, and the redtops speculating on it, shows that he was in the press as a player in demand.

As for the reaction, bloody hell yes i am disapointed but life goes on. At least its a little more rational on this site than the rabid drooling crap on the CET website, still there contributors are a perfect match for the paper.

Grendel

I don't get those saying his sale has allowed us to strengthen. It hasn't. The signings made were within the existing budget. This was done too late to make a difference.

My biggest problem is the extra loan spot it's taken up doesn't allow us to bring in another striker on loan.

Yes we can.

Malaka

Not having a pop but how have we done since Madderz returned to fitness?

Sky Blue Kid

Just a bit more perspective on this. His sale has allowed us to strengthen across the pitch and he's still here until the summer, when he'd have gone anyhow. If anything it should help our push to go up.
On a side note, Burton sold their best player, who's had far more of an impact than Maddison this season, for £350k to QPR.
All of the people who believe the drip fed shite from sky about a £7m offer being turned down need to wake up and realise than no one in their right mind would sell a player for £5m less than they could have done.
It's happened as it always has done. Move on and carry on supporting the team.

There was no such offer mate. Spurs made a offer but CCFC told them they WANTED £7m at this Spurs dropped out of the bidding.

Esoterica

Just a bit more perspective on this. His sale has allowed us to strengthen across the pitch and he's still here until the summer, when he'd have gone anyhow. If anything it should help our push to go up.
On a side note, Burton sold their best player, who's had far more of an impact than Maddison this season, for £350k to QPR.
All of the people who believe the drip fed shite from sky about a £7m offer being turned down need to wake up and realise than no one in their right mind would sell a player for £5m less than they could have done.
It's happened as it always has done. Move on and carry on supporting the team.

The whole situation would be diffused if Mowbray had come out and said 'Ultimately this was my decision, it's allowed me to bring in the 2 defenders and pay for Hunt til the end of the season while keeping Maddison on loan and with a bit left over for the summer'. The silence just breeds speculation and the speculation just turns the fans on each other

Nick

Administrator
The whole situation would be diffused if Mowbray had come out and said 'Ultimately this was my decision, it's allowed me to bring in the 2 defenders and pay for Hunt til the end of the season while keeping Maddison on loan and with a bit left over for the summer'. The silence just breeds speculation and the speculation just turns the fans on each other

It means some fans make things up, their sense of reality disappears and they get hysterical.

People are abusing Maddison himself for god sake.

standupforcity

Of course we could've held out. Or more to the point we could've not hawked him round for weeks then sold him for peanuts.

Seasons over may be hyperbole, but all momentum has gone out of the season and all we did was bring a couple of kids in at the back. No one to make our impotent attack look better, no one to take the strain off Arma.

More to the point Sisu just showed they couldn't give a fuck about the club long term. No cash released. Maddison sold to the first person to come along.

So statistically the season might not be over, but emotionally it is.

How much do you think we sold him for? Sounds like you're in the know....

Esoterica

It means some fans make things up, their sense of reality disappears and they get hysterical.

People are abusing Maddison himself for god sake.

I'm not justifying it, people are dickheads. But I bet there would be a lot less abuse with a bit more transparency.

eastwoodsdustman

I'm not justifying it, people are dickheads. But I bet there would be a lot less abuse with a bit more transparency.

You are correct on this, but can't people see it or themselves without hanging on the word of the clubs manager? Even if he had come out and said it, there would have been people moaning that we was just a Sisu puppet.

Otis

If we were 5th in the league and steadily pushing on then great, but we're 5th in the league and dropping like a stone. Big difference.
Yep, but haven't we just strengthened?

Anyone would think we had lost Maddison! We've still got him!

We have definitely strengthened and that is exactly what we needed to do. Can't see the problem.

torchomatic

Because they know he's not worth anywhere near that. The only people who think he is are fans on here and Twitter giving it the "I wouldn't sell him for less than ten million" bollocks.

He has made twenty odd appearances in his career. He's not worth those big sums.

There was no such offer mate. Spurs made a offer but CCFC told them they WANTED £7m at this Spurs dropped out of the bidding.

Otis

And the 7m is just paper talk. Bet there wasn't any other concrete offer on the table other than Norwich's.

aviles

Im confused that people are saying the maddison sale means season is over ? we have not lost any players over january and signed two young England defenders. If anything this season has just got more exciting i look forward to Port Vale Sunday now !

torchomatic

Yeah dropping like a stone with Maddison, and he's still going to be here, so what's the point you're trying to make?

If we were 5th in the league and steadily pushing on then great, but we're 5th in the league and dropping like a stone. Big difference.

covmark

We have some fucking queens on this forum. It's been hilarious to watch tbh. How does anyone know how much we got for him? The outrage at an unknown figure is funny as fuck.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

My nine year old lad showed more maturity than many on here and Twitter.

Del Boy 82

My nine year old lad showed more maturity than many on here and Twitter.

My son was gutted this morning to hear his hero had been sold. He idolises him, shame for the junior supporters who could relate to his recent rise and aspire to be. But this is the modern footballing world unfortunately

torchomatic

Yeah so was mine. Also my lads face player, but he supports Coventry an L1 team and understand these things happen. And always will.

My son was gutted this morning to hear his hero had been sold. He idolises him, shame for the junior supporters who could relate to his recent rise and aspire to be. But this is the modern footballing world unfortunately

Sky Blue Kid

The Evening Standard have reported that the Sky Blues want £7m for their talented youngster James Maddison and the price is cooling Tottenham’s interest in the 19-year-old............................My point is what will his mental state be in the remainder of the season at CCFC? Mowbray has stated Maddison should learn his trade with Coventry and in the future if he's worth £2m now, he could be worth 6x as much in 2 years time. Which brings me to the "Was he pushed or did he want the transfer?" I think Mowbray didn't have any say in the matter. As for SISU saying "We couldn't stand in his way"(Maddison) Load of bo**ocks. The pound signs were flashing when Spurs, Liverpool etc were showing interest, Hence the £7m price tag, but when they lost interest they jumped at Norwich's offer before the deadline.

torchomatic

Some papers are saying three and a half million. Also reports of two million now but deal worth up to nine point five million.

Mental state? Really? He's signed for a Premiership club and increased his wages goodness knows how many times.

The Evening Standard have reported that the Sky Blues want £7m for their talented youngster James Maddison and the price is cooling Tottenham’s interest in the 19-year-old............................My point is what will his mental state be in the remainder of the season at CCFC? Mowbray has stated Maddison should learn his trade with Coventry and in the future if he's worth £2m now, he could be worth 6x as much in 2 years time. Which brings me to the "Was he pushed or did he want the transfer?" I think Mowbray didn't have any say in the matter. As for SISU saying "We couldn't stand in his way"(Maddison) Load of bo**ocks. The pound signs were flashing when Spurs, Liverpool etc were showing interest, Hence the £7m price tag, but when they lost interest they jumped at Norwich's offer before the deadline.

standupforcity

Total rubbish...this is the best thing JM could have done. He won't disappear at Norwich and if he's as good as everyone seems to think, his career will flourish. And we're a stronger team today after strengthening the team where it needs it. And before anyone goes on about needing an attacker...we have the strike force as has been proved!

Sky Blue Kid

I don't know for sure what transfer figures have been used, in the same way as most on here, as for Otis saying we have strengthened. How do you know for sure? Ramage, Fortune, Kent, Cole to name but 4 have been slagged from their "Hole to their pole" All 4 Mowbray signings. Have they strengthened the team? See what I mean? When Moussa left, he couldn't get away quick enough, yet people on this forum want him back?!?!? A crock that played a handful of games for Charlton. Is that what you call "Level headed thinking?"

Sky Blue Kid

Total rubbish...this is the best thing JM could have done. He won't disappear at Norwich and if he's as good as everyone seems to think, his career will flourish. And we're a stronger team today after strengthening the team where it needs it. And before anyone goes on about needing an attacker...we have the strike force as has been proved!

"We have the strike force as has been proved!"................ So why are we slipping down the league then?, Why have we only scored 2 goals in the last 4 games? Why have we only won Two(2) games since November 24th?....... Total Rubbish???...... I don't think so mate!!!

Grendel

"We have the strike force as has been proved!"................ So why are we slipping down the league then?, Why have we only scored 2 goals in the last 4 games? Why have we only won Two(2) games since November 24th?....... Total Rubbish???...... I don't think so mate!!!

So you think we should have just got rid of him and not loaned him back?

Sky Blue Kid

And 1 of those goals was a penalty!

standupforcity

Because the same players who were winning...aren't 'clicking' at the moment!

Nick

Administrator

We still have the same strike force now as we did the last game, the game before that, the game we hammered Gillingham and the game we hammered Wigan and Millwall.

Users who are viewing this thread