So , what does everyone reckon (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Lmfao. whatever Nick, and who says I "Read a rumour on here?" It's cutting you up inside isn't it Nick. Not being in the know eh? So your only comeback is personal attack. Hahaha.

In the know? I couldn't really give a shit, I don't read a rumour on here and start giving it the big one like I am the main man behind the scenes.

Sky Blue Kid

This whole thread is laughable. Friendlys are for match fitness. Not the result not player performance purely for fitness. Results do not matter in the slightest everybody stop panicking. Doesn't Matter about the quality of opposition. No one wants to get injured or over exert themselves think some people expect us to play like Barcelona and if we're not in a ten minute highlight video it's all doom and gloom ....honestly save it for the competitive games.
Oh yeh? Have a look at the challenge at 2-15 on the Newport lad... Then come back on here and say Friendlies don't count! Any other game and he walks!

Sky Blue Kid

In the know? I couldn't really give a shit, I don't read a rumour on here and start giving it the big one like I am the main man behind the scenes.
I'll say again.. Who said that I "Read a rumour on here?" and you couldn't give a shit...Yeh right. I can see the veins popping on the side of your head from here hahaha.

Sky Blue Kid

This whole thread is laughable. Friendlys are for match fitness. Not the result not player performance purely for fitness. Results do not matter in the slightest everybody stop panicking. Doesn't Matter about the quality of opposition. No one wants to get injured or over exert themselves think some people expect us to play like Barcelona and if we're not in a ten minute highlight video it's all doom and gloom ....honestly save it for the competitive games.
These friendlies are the youngsters' big chance to catch the eye of the manager as well as triallists they bust a gut trying to impress....Nah they couldn't give a f**k could they!

idm1975

Anyone remember the cambridge utd friendly last year? Was the worst i had ever seen. Pre-season friendlies, result wise, mean jack shit. Its all about fitness and systems. It might take 6 games of utter dross to be right for the 1st game of the season but that is what it is about.

Orca

The depressing thing is that we're clearly putting offers in for free agents and they're waiting to see if anything better comes along. The season starts in less than 2 weeks and by the time the transfer window shuts, we'd have played more than 10% of our league season. There are 15 points up for grabs in the league before we're stuck with the squad we've got until January.

We're going to win and lose games all season long, but a good start puts you at the right end of the table from the beginning and a bad start means people being pissed off and voting with their feet. Our squad is threadbare and it's clear by selling Vincelot that TM needed to do something drastic to get things moving. That's the chilling part of this - it's my opinion that TM couldn't act on the players he wants due to funds, selling one might mean he can bring in one or two in the next week or so, without selling Vincelot now, he probably couldn't.

I strongly suspect that Stokes and RCC will be sold before the end of the window as well.

I feel genuinely sorry for TM and all my fellow fans.

I'm not a NOPM man myself, having limited that to our exile, but I know a number of fans who continue to go to away games only due to the way our club is run. It's a slow death spiral we're in, but under our current budget constraints, I'd be happy if we stayed up this season.

Sky Blue Kid

So are multiple other people telling you are wrong.

Their winger took on our right back in a pre season friendly, outrage, outrage. SHOUT SHOUT!
I'll humour you for a while Nick.... Have you ever taken part in trials or pre season friendlies?

Cavan O'Doherty

The depressing thing is that we're clearly putting offers in for free agents and they're waiting to see if anything better comes along. The season starts in less than 2 weeks and by the time the transfer window shuts, we'd have played more than 10% of our league season. There are 15 points up for grabs in the league before we're stuck with the squad we've got until January.

We're going to win and lose games all season long, but a good start puts you at the right end of the table from the beginning and a bad start means people being pissed off and voting with their feet. Our squad is threadbare and it's clear by selling Vincelot that TM needed to do something drastic to get things moving. That's the chilling part of this - it's my opinion that TM couldn't act on the players he wants due to funds, selling one might mean he can bring in one or two in the next week or so, without selling Vincelot now, he probably couldn't.

I strongly suspect that Stokes and RCC will be sold before the end of the window as well.

I feel genuinely sorry for TM and all my fellow fans.

I'm not a NOPM man myself, having limited that to our exile, but I know a number of fans who continue to go to away games only due to the way our club is run. It's a slow death spiral we're in, but under our current budget constraints, I'd be happy if we stayed up this season.
But if he gets better players in surely it doesn't matter. Maybe the players he wants we can't afford ie Leon Clarke who most league one teams can't afford

Orca

But if he gets better players in surely it doesn't matter. Maybe the players he wants we can't afford ie Leon Clarke who most league one teams can't afford
It matters if we're bottom of the league after 5 games. You wouldn't be able to move on here for people moaning

Orca

But how would be bottom of the league with better players than before?
Cavan - please go back and read my post. At what point did I say we'd have better players? We've barely got a squad and we're not exactly blessed with news about new signings are we?

Cavan O'Doherty

Cavan - please go back and read my post. At what point did I say we'd have better players? We've barely got a squad and we're not exactly blessed with news about new signings are we?
No I'm saying that Mogga might sell players to get better ones

Sky Blue Kid

But how would be bottom of the league with better players than before?
Ah so Better players guarantee no bottom of the league eh?... I've seen the mighty Man utd and Man city relegated..No you haven't...Oh yes I have..but you can't have, both of those teams had the best players in the football league!...

Cavan O'Doherty

Ah so Better players guarantee no bottom of the league eh?... I've seen the mighty Man utd and Man city relegated..No you haven't...Oh yes I have..but you can't have, both of those teams had the best players in the football league!...
So you wouldn't say generally better players=not bottom of the league

Nick

Administrator
I'll humour you for a while Nick.... Have you ever taken part in trials or pre season friendlies?

Is there where you tell me you played at highfield road in front of 10000000 people?

Strange, you aren't bothered about everybody else telling you that you are wrong.

Sky Blue Kid

So you wouldn't say generally better players=not bottom of the league
Ah but I never said that did I. Neither did you mate.. What I did say is I've seen Man utd and Man city. relegated over a season with the best players in the football league. Brazil have probably got the best football team in the World, but that doesn't mean they'll win the World Cup every 4 years does it!

Sky Blue Kid

Is there where you tell me you played at highfield road in front of 10000000 people?

Strange, you aren't bothered about everybody else telling you that you are wrong.
I'll take it from your reply you haven't, is that right? See what I mean about personal attacks! hahaha

Cavan O'Doherty

Ah but I never said that did I. Neither did you mate.. What I did say is I've seen Man utd and Man city. relegated over a season with the best players in the football league. Brazil have probably got the best football team in the World, but that doesn't mean they'll win the World Cup every 4 years does it!
Yes but how often does that happen? And I wouldn't say Brazil are the best football team in the world when they got beaten 7-1 by Germany

Grendel

They didn't when they got relegated

skyblueelephant76

Lmfao. I've seen people form opinions on 1 minute TV highlights including loads of posters on here mate. So don't try to take the piss out of my oinion. I think from 10 minutes of seeing a very poor to average Div 2 team take our midfield and especially our right back to the cleaners, is pretty much all most people need to see.

I watched it again because I'm still sure we watched a different set of highlights. Can you let me know the points I should watch where our right back got taken to the cleaners? Haynes got caught out a couple of times but there is no footage of anyone going past DKE. Also, the lob that the other DKE put over the bar was still a better chance than anything Newport created apart from the disallowed goal which to me did look offside. As for RCC misjudging the cross if you actually look at it the ball hit the stantion behind the bar and not the bar itself.

Also according to the Newport newspaper they showed no signs of getting back into the game after it went to 2-0 which happened when there was still 33mins to go. But of course, they must be wrong as well because we were dominated.... http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sp...y_for_Feeney_to_ponder_after_Sky_Blues_clash/

Cavan O'Doherty

Did you know we won the FA Cup in 1987? Doesn't time fly?

Yep Germany are a million times better now than then;)
You continue in your negative ways then sir. I'll continue to support the team and Mowbray as he builds a team for promotion . We will come back at the end of the season and see who was right

Sky Blue Kid

I watched it again because I'm still sure we watched a different set of highlights. Can you let me know the points I should watch where our right back got taken to the cleaners? Haynes got caught out a couple of times but there is no footage of anyone going past DKE. Also, the lob that the other DKE put over the bar was still a better chance than anything Newport created apart from the disallowed goal which to me did look offside. As for RCC misjudging the cross if you actually look at it the ball hit the stantion behind the bar and not the bar itself.

Also according to the Newport newspaper they showed no signs of getting back into the game after it went to 2-0 which happened when there was still 33mins to go. But of course, they must be wrong as well because we were dominated.... http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sp...y_for_Feeney_to_ponder_after_Sky_Blues_clash/
So have I Cavan.... 46 seconds lost his man on Newport left ball crossed saved.....1 min 22 secs Lost his man disallowed goal....2 mins lost his man again number 7 doing his job shot over the bar...3 mins 5 secs... asleep Newport forward takes ball off his foot.. 5 mins 20 secs. poor clearance Newport winger collects ball and leaves him for dead before crossing the ball...8 mins 8 secs lob over keeper at least 10 feet over bar......but guess what Cavan? You were right about the ball from Newport wingers cross.. It did indeed hit the stanchion ;)

Sky Blue Kid

You continue in your negative ways then sir. I'll continue to support the team and Mowbray as he builds a team for promotion . We will come back at the end of the season and see who was right
You call me negative, I prefer realist ;) And as I've already stated, if TM actually puts a good squad together that will hold its own in this league, I'll be the first to shout his praise from the rooftops.

Users who are viewing this thread