So , what does everyone reckon (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Then - re where CCFC will finish this coming season ?

After last season I fully expected a top 6 finish however , if T/M is not given backing/investment , I think he'll go and relegation is a certainty .

Sky Blue Kid

After watching the 10 minute highlights..... I'm worried....Very worried. :(
Many thanks to Shelby76 for video.

Last edited:

theferret

I wondered how long it might be before someone mentioned relegation. Have a word with yourselves.

Predicting calamity on the basis of a 10 minute compilation of clips from a pre-season kickabout (which we won comfortably it seems) is the worst bit of punditry since Garth Crook's last bit of punditry.

I think we'll compete. TM wouldn't be here if he didn't believe that. We've two weeks before the season starts, and there will be new players coming through the door. Perhaps we should wait a while before we start to self-harm.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

I wondered how long it might be before someone mentioned relegation. Have a word with yourselves.

Predicting calamity on the basis of a 10 minute compilation of clips from a pre-season kickabout (which we won comfortably it seems) is the worst bit of punditry since Garth Crook's last bit of punditry.

I think we'll compete. TM wouldn't be here if he didn't believe that. We've two weeks before the season starts, and there will be new players coming through the door. Perhaps we should wait a while before we start to self-harm.
Nah seen it all before . we'll struggle now .

Bob Latchford

Sky Blue Kid

I know it was a friendly, but were you happy with that performance? If you were. I wasn't. Their midfield and two strikers dominated possesion, and in all honesty the scoreline flattered us.

Bob Latchford

Impossible to say at the moment. Wait until Mowbray has finished his wheeling and dealing and see how things look then.

Guess time will tell.

Bob Latchford

theferret

I know it was a friendly, but were you happy with that performance? I wasn't. Their midfield and two strikers dominated possesion, and in all honesty the scoreline flattered us.

And you worked that out from a 10 minute compilation put together by Newport County?

Of course I was happy with the performance. We won, and were never really in any danger by all accounts. Do you really expect fireworks and pulsating football in a game like this? It was a run-out played on a hot summer's day with nothing at stake.

Kingokings204

I expect around 18th give or take at the moment. Dependent on signings this could change dependent on who comes in.

I'm very hopeful because we have TM if we had Pressley I would worry. This time last year we didn't have Armstrong or Murphy our best two players and scorers.

It's going to be a close call though

Samo

Then - re where CCFC will finish this coming season ?

After last season I fully expected a top 6 finish however , if T/M is not given backing/investment , I think he'll go and relegation is a certainty .

Your thread is at least 2 weeks too early.

Bob Latchford

I expect around 18th give or take at the moment. Dependent on signings this could change dependent on who comes in.

I'm very hopeful because we have TM if we had Pressley I would worry. This time last year we didn't have Armstrong or Murphy our best two players and scorers.

It's going to be a close call though
Fair comments .

Sky Blue Kid

You saw a few minutes of highlights, Christ!
Lmfao. I've seen people form opinions on 1 minute TV highlights including loads of posters on here mate. So don't try to take the piss out of my oinion. I think from 10 minutes of seeing a very poor to average Div 2 team take our midfield and especially our right back to the cleaners, is pretty much all most people need to see.

Sky Blue Kid

And you worked that out from a 10 minute compilation put together by Newport County?

Of course I was happy with the performance. We won, and were never really in any danger by all accounts. Do you really expect fireworks and pulsating football in a game like this? It was a run-out played on a hot summer's day with nothing at stake.

What's the matter? can't form your own opinion on 10 minutes of highlights yet prefer to rely on "Word of mouth"........... by all accounts. I've "Heard" about six different accounts from Cardiff Newport, and Merthyr supporters(All very good honest friends) and all said Scoreline flattered to deceive. Coventry being the better team but ALL SIX said the same thing about our midfield and right back.... Very suspect!

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

theferret

What's the matter? can't form your own opinion on 10 minutes of highlights yet prefer to rely on "Word of mouth"........... by all accounts

Err...yeah. I'd much prefer to listen to the views of those who were there to watch the whole game rather than form an opinion based on 10 minutes of lowlights from the opposition - who were always going to edit the video to include all their better moments.

Sky Blue Kid

Err...yeah. I'd much prefer to listen to the views of those who were there to watch the whole game rather than form an opinion based on 10 minutes of lowlights from the opposition - who were always going to edit the video to include all their better moments.
Fair enough.... So you're not worried about our midfield and right back having a new arse ripped then?.... Not word of mouth "Video Evidence"

Hadji10

If Mowbray done his job last season we would be looking forward to a season in the champ this year. Can't believe 'Mogga' got away with last season.

Bob Latchford

Terry Gibson's perm

It will depend on who else we bring in and the business other teams do, Walsall will be weaker as all their best players have gone or will go. We have finally go rid of the handbrake in midfield so hopefully we can pass it towards now.

I go for 9th but with a few decent signings 5th

theferret

Fair enough.... So you're not worried about our midfield and right back having a new arse ripped then?.... Not word of mouth "Video Evidence"

We need to strengthen, we all agree on that. I think we will though, and I think given the number of bodies we are missing we've had a pretty decent pre-season - although that alone is meaningless. I think people are being overly pessimistic given that the squad is far from complete at this point.

Bob Latchford

It will depend on who else we bring in and the business other teams do, Walsall will be weaker as all their best players have gone or will go. We have finally go rid of the handbrake in midfield so hopefully we can pass it towards now.

I go for 9th but with a few decent signings 5th
Would be good to finish that high.

harvey098

If Mowbray done his job last season we would be looking forward to a season in the champ this year. Can't believe 'Mogga' got away with last season.

Is he a good manager for putting together such an exciting squad and getting us top at November or is he a bad manager for blowing it all. An interesting debate, I think probably a bit of both. He should've taken us up with the budget, squad and first half of the season we had. I don't think there is a better option that would join us though.

Users who are viewing this thread