Sisu pr (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

torchomatic

I'm not a CRFC supporter. Never have been, never will be. However, if there was going to be any "joining up" done then I'd want it with them as they're at least a Coventry team.

Love the idea that everybody is now a CRFC supporter when they always play at the same time as CCFC.
Nobody bothered until now about the clash.
Must point out that the 2 rugby clubs have made moves to prevent any clashes though.

torchomatic

Membership isn't annual it's seasonal. Really not difficult to understand. Membership lasts until the end of this season. Memberships are renewed for next season.

That was in January. What do you do now ?
Should be a rolling 12 months membership.

italiahorse

I'm not a CRFC supporter. Never have been, never will be. However, if there was going to be any "joining up" done then I'd want it with them as they're at least a Coventry team.

Time will heal.
Wasps will be massive next year so you might as well join the party :whistle:

NorthernWisdom

Ah, you quoted him :(

Anyway, once again... Dad played with and against thje likes of Duckham and Rossborough, followed them round the country at times when it certainly wasn't the done thing.

They're part of *my* heritage... and in terms of collective conscious, a lot more part of everyone's heritage than any interlopers.

Worth noting we nearly weren't CCFC, as CRFC objected. They've always been the senior sports clubs in the city, living in tension and tandem, ebbing and flowing success and failure over periods of decades.

As it should be, a sense of permanence and place.

torchomatic

I'll leave it to others to "join the party" thanks all the same. A proud Wasps Party Pooper.

Time will heal.
Wasps will be massive next year so you might as well join the party :whistle:

italiahorse

Membership isn't annual it's seasonal. Really not difficult to understand. Membership lasts until the end of this season. Memberships are renewed for next season.

I know, and if that's the case its a waste of time if you want to encourage younger fans.
Once the season starts you start to think twice about it.
How about a 12 Months running membership/season ticket that covers all games during that period providing you come with a paying adult ?

torchomatic

Don't get the argument, to be honest. Kids get a free season ticket with a JSB membership. It's a great thing to do and encourages the kids. Shame the moaners like you can't acknowledge it. Still, up the Wasps.

The second sentence doesn't really make sense. The Season Ticket DOES cover all games as ALL THE GAMES are during the CURRENT SEASON which the JSB membership ACTUALLY COVERS.

I know, and if that's the case its a waste of time if you want to encourage younger fans.
Once the season starts you start to think twice about it.
How about a 12 Months running membership/season ticket that covers all games during that period providing you come with a paying adult ?

italiahorse

Don't get the argument, to be honest. Kids get a free season ticket with a JSB membership. It's a great thing to do and encourages the kids. Shame the moaners like you can't acknowledge it. Still, up the Wasps.

The second sentence doesn't really make sense. The Season Ticket DOES cover all games as ALL THE GAMES are during the CURRENT SEASON which the JSB membership ACTUALLY COVERS.

Easy.
If you don't get one at the start of the season you loose out.
I want kids to have easy access all year round and a 12 Month membership/ticket is better.
Perhaps I should have said a 12 Month 'rolling' membership/Season ticket for kids with a paying adult.
Currently it sounds like taking out a 12 months Gym membership that runs from Jan 1st until Dec 31st where it costs you the same annual amount all year but still finishes on Dec 31st.

Nick

Administrator
Easy.
I want kids to have easy access all year round and a 12 Month membership/ticket is better.
Perhaps I should have said a 12 Month 'rolling' membership/Season ticket for kids with a paying adult.
Currently it sounds like taking out a 12 months Gym membership that runs from Jan 1st until Dec 31st where it costs you the same annual amount all year but still finishes on Dec 31st.

Why would they need access to games all year round when the season isn't all year round? You pay per season, half way through the season the price halves.

Think you just want to moan for the sake of it.

The answer is to get one at the start of the season... For £25 it's every home league game for free, much easier to moan though.

What did you think of the jsb kids party at Christmas?

Speedies_Chips

Easy.

What would be the use of a 12 month membership taken out in January (for example)? What would you do with it during May, June and July?

torchomatic

As i said you're not making sense. The JSB membership gives access to ALL league games during the season. What's the use of one in the summer?

Easy.

italiahorse

Why would they need access to games all year round when the season isn't all year round? You pay per season, half way through the season the price halves.

Think you just want to moan for the sake of it.

The answer is to get one at the start of the season... For £25 it's every home league game for free, much easier to moan though.

What did you think of the jsb kids party at Christmas?

I'm not moaning, I'm trying to be constructive here.
Your attitude is the same as Sisu's in respect that they can't see the other ways to encourage people back.

Most people do not want to commit for a season and it seems difficult for committed supporters like yourself to understand that.
It needs to be that people can just turn up when they want and not get involved in JSB just to get cheap tickets for kids.
Can kids be JSB's now ? Yes they can if they want a 2 game membership. Although who knows ?

If they use the Ricoh electronic system next season I would expect some flexibility.
You should be able to take out a 12 Month JSB membership that takes in all games during that 12 Months even if it overlaps 2 seasons.

I still think under 12's should be free with a paying adult but the above, with it's flexibility, would satisfy most.

SkyBlueSid

That's actually a very good example Sid and what they're trying to achieve in Bristol is a great model of how one cities sports team can pool together resources. I think the chairman might be involved with the council or something but I think it's part of some sort of Sports Bristol set up where there's involvement from the other sports teams in the city.

The one thing I would point out is that this example has two things Coventry doesn't - a strong relationship between the council and the club and a history of a top flight rugby team (or 2nd tier) for decades. We aren't exactly on best terms with the council and Wasps are newbies.

Good post though,

WM

I've had a look at the website and it seems to be an organisation called Bristol Sport. Other sports are involved too but it doesn't seem to actively involve the council, it is a private company pulling it all together. It looks like the model that should be adopted in Coventry, bearing in mind that we have decent ice hockey, speedway and rugby league teams in the city as well.

I believe the first stage of setting up something similar would be for Wasps to acquire CCFC. I know Wasps are newbies but the fact is they are here to stay and own the Ricoh. There don't seem to be many serious alternatives, frankly. Sisu's continued ownership will just drag us down further.

italiahorse

As i said you're not making sense. The JSB membership gives access to ALL league games during the season. What's the use of one in the summer?

I give up ?

Okay one last go.
A membership would last for 12 Months, say from February 2015 to March 2016 (or whenever you wanted it to start) and cover all matches.
That way you would not think twice about getting one part way through the season because you effectively still get a full season.

Nick

Administrator
I give up ?

Okay one last go.
A membership would last for 12 Months, say from February 2015 to March 2016 (or whenever you wanted it to start) and cover all matches.
That way you would not think twice about getting one part way through the season because you effectively still get a full season.
But you pay less part way through the season, people aren't losing out are they?

Are people really that picky when it comes to a tenner / twenty quid when you get all games, vouchers, free gift and invites to the great parties? I could understand if we are talking £300 but it isn't is it?

italiahorse

But you pay less part way through the season, people aren't losing out are they?

Are people really that picky when it comes to a tenner / twenty quid when you get all games, vouchers, free gift and invites to the great parties? I could understand if we are talking £300 but it isn't is it?

Yes

AndreasB

My grandson was a flag bearer on sat. local team of 8 year olds. All the parents and trainers were charged full price for tickets, and the kids had to pay as well.
The kids were fetched from the seats in block next to JSB's went down waved flags ( got soaked by splinklers lol) then sent back.Met no one, no goody bags nothing.
8000 poeple in a 32000 stadium and they could not give free tickets or even concessions, what a bunch of ar*******. Me and grandson have season tickets so could use them,but what an opertunity wasted to get new young fans. SISU you are a discrace.

They were waving fucking flags mate - about 3 grades down from being a mascot. The glory of doing that should be enough for them.

Nick

Administrator
Really? I think it's a bargain, the Christmas party was worth it twice over.

What did you think of the Christmas party and the crafts they do?

I can understand if it's a massive amount but it's not and well worth it. Nothing to do with being die hard and commiting, for 5 luke warm bottles of beer at the ricoh my daughter can go to every game and go to the parties etc. The vouchers have saved me the cost in match tickets anyway :)

italiahorse

Really? I think it's a bargain, the Christmas party was worth it twice over.

What did you think of the Christmas party and the crafts they do?

Sorry, I am a season ticket holder and have not got any information on it.
I often think of taking one or more of my 6 grand kids up to get them started now that my original family party of 6 is down to just myself.
I would need to Pay £9-£13 to get each one in. Hardly an incentive for a first time. To consider JSB membership is just another challenge on the day.
Obviously from the lack of kids, others have the same idea.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry, I am a season ticket holder and have not got any information on it.
I often think of taking one or more of my 6 grand kids up to get them started now that my original family party of 6 is down to just myself.
I would need to Pay £9-£13 to get each one in. Hardly an incentive for a first time. To consider JSB membership is just another challenge on the day.
Obviously from the lack of kids, others have the same idea.

Take them to kids for a quid day to see if they like it, if they do sign them up to jsb.

You don't sign them up on the day, you do it before.

If you want to take one up, sign one up as jsb and then use that one to take one each week. If they love it sign more up. You get vouchers like kids tickets for a quid to take friends anyway to take another grandkid. Also get family vouchers for 2 adults 2 kids for £20.

It isn't hard unless you want to make it a big deal. Do you want tim Fisher to come and personally do it for you? Just sounds like excuses really.

Information about the Christmas party was on here, on the ccfc website. It was praising the club and volunteers so got ignored. I saw a five year old go from just wanting to do coloring to talking about players and wanting signatures.

Steve.B50

I've had a look at the website and it seems to be an organisation called Bristol Sport. Other sports are involved too but it doesn't seem to actively involve the council, it is a private company pulling it all together. It looks like the model that should be adopted in Coventry, bearing in mind that we have decent ice hockey, speedway and rugby league teams in the city as well.

I believe the first stage of setting up something similar would be for Wasps to acquire CCFC. I know Wasps are newbies but the fact is they are here to stay and own the Ricoh. There don't seem to be many serious alternatives, frankly. Sisu's continued ownership will just drag us down further.

Or or at the very least get an open dialogue with the stadium owners for a long term agreement.

albatross

It should be free for all kids under 10 at the very least. just Make it easy to go.

CRFC do it for all accompanied kids under 16, From what I recall I got Free tickets at Milton Keynes for my Nephew

Ashdown

Much of the problem with the club and it's ticket policies lie with their inability to market and push them out to the catchment area in general either by billboard, leaflets, E mails, Radio. They seem to wait for people to search out offers and deals on their website.

SlowerThanPlatt

Just had a quick look through the CCFC website store and I was amazed at how expensive everything is. £70 for a stadium jacket (the one the managers wear)...won't catch me paying that

SkyBlue_Bear83

No; it goes up when I read you stating 'facts'; or calling something 'spurious' when you know nothing of the background. Sometimes, you even admit you don't know the basis for the argument, but you'll have it anyway. The fact it's often about Wasps is as a function of you turning every bloody thread about this - your latest pet subject.
I'll ask again as I did last time, why don't you go around pulling up others when they state false 'facts' and present opinions as facts? Funny how you only pop up when Wasps are mentioned? I called you out on it last time you popped up to defend them, and you had no response then either.

Users who are viewing this thread