Sisu pr (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Agree there should be some "reward" for flag waving. To be fair though before games in the zone down by the pasting tables there are activities before games and usually an injured player hanging around. I've seen Jordan Willis there before games (shame he wasn't there on Saturday). Volunteers run the JSB area and do a great job. SBiTC give two match tickets away for every participant and footballs are kicked into the JSB zone every match too.

I know they don't get everything right all the time but it's a shame more people didn't talk about what they DO rather than what they DON'T. Be a quiet thread though, I guess.

Word of mouth is great publicity. But surely a good business should promote what it actually offers?

Torch don't mistake a lot of my moaning about our owners as just being negative and having a go. I am actually trying to point out how they could be better! Better without a great deal of outlay a lot of the time. PR is something that has been lacking at CCFC for many years and before SISU.

I am not saying they do everything wrong, but they only seem to get it 50-70 per cent right. These things are important in increasing the club's revenue.

Last edited:

Grendel

Great turnover increased by 50%. I presume they didn't have a massive loan to pay off before they decided to up sticks? As I said, we'll see.

As for your dig about our crowds. I'm not worried, people will come or they won't. They will support their team or they won't always been the way. If Mowbray stays then I expect us to climb the table and subsequently the attendances will rise.

If it included spectators it is rather a bleak stat on its own.

400% attendance increase is the equivalent of CCFC having 32,000 a week a new management company with pre booked events and f and b revenue.

Grendel

Yes kids £1 adults £17. And yes no meet and greet, made our own way into ground and seats. Didnt even get accadamy players to greet them. ;-(

It is poor - you should complain to waggot and fisher - if they value customers they should do something about it.

torchomatic

You had to WALK!? My God, there should be sedan chairs for flag wavers.

Yes kids £1 adults £17. And yes no meet and greet, made our own way into ground and seats. Didnt even get accadamy players to greet them. ;-(

Grendel

I was replying to RFC.

Why bother?

The 50% thing I assumed at first was the ACL business showing an increase. If it's the wasps holdings figures then his estimate of 75% freebies can't be far off to be fair unless the match tickets at Wycombe were sold at a much higher per ticket rate.

SkyBlueSid

Sisu have done an appalling job of marketing the club which is why there are so few fans left. They could be working with Wasps to sell the whole package.

I was in Bristol yesterday and got hold of a leaflet that is being distributed to homes in the city. It is headlined "Two Clubs in Bristol" and is offering a package for a dual season ticket to Bristol City and Bristol Rugby who share Ashton Gate. They will have Championship football and possibly Premiership rugby there next season and you can have a combined ticket to both for £448. You can have a credit deal for this which costs £37.75 a month. For under-12s they are doing a combined deal for £90 (£7.50 a month) which includes a free replica shirt for both teams.

This is exactly the sort of marketing we should be seeing at the Ricoh instead of the constant rubbish and lies we get from our club. The alienating of the next generation of fans will end up destroying what is left of CCFC if nothing improves.

Hobo

Sisu have done an appalling job of marketing the club which is why there are so few fans left. They could be working with Wasps to sell the whole package.

I was in Bristol yesterday and got hold of a leaflet that is being distributed to homes in the city. It is headlined "Two Clubs in Bristol" and is offering a package for a dual season ticket to Bristol City and Bristol Rugby who share Ashton Gate. They will have Championship football and possibly Premiership rugby there next season and you can have a combined ticket to both for £448. You can have a credit deal for this which costs £37.75 a month. For under-12s they are doing a combined deal for £90 (£7.50 a month) which includes a free replica shirt for both teams.

This is exactly the sort of marketing we should be seeing at the Ricoh instead of the constant rubbish and lies we get from our club. The alienating of the next generation of fans will end up destroying what is left of CCFC if nothing improves.

Burton Albion have already had their early bird season ticket sale. They were the cheapest in L2 last year and with a promotion looking possible a very good deal. But if they blow up I am sure they have guaranteed at least the same season ticket sales as last year.

skybluetony176

Great turnover increased by 50%. I presume they didn't have a massive loan to pay off before they decided to up sticks? As I said, we'll see.

As for your dig about our crowds. I'm not worried, people will come or they won't. They will support their team or they won't always been the way. If Mowbray stays then I expect us to climb the table and subsequently the attendances will rise.

So you wont be moaning next season if we're only playing to 5000 or calling anyone band wagon jumpers if we're doing well and gates go up?

torchomatic

The difference is those are two clubs from the same City. Wasps aren't from our City. I notice that Ashton Gate looks like the home of the football club. The Ricoh doesn't look like the home of our football club.

Sub

The difference is those are two clubs from the same City. Wasps aren't from our City. I notice that Ashton Gate looks like the home of the football club. The Ricoh doesn't look like the home of our football club.

Soon CCFC might not be in the city at all soon :(:(:(:(

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's bullshit because of the impression it's creating that this is an enormous success.

I am not even sure what the 50% refers to. There was a suggestion it was for the events side - Eastwood on CWR stated attendances were the main driver of the increase.

So if this is 50% over wasps pre Ricoh turnover it includes;

Increase in crowds of over 400%
A paying tenant
Increased F and B revenue of 400% and from us
Pre booked ACL events including one of the largest over the Easter weekend.

The statement in October by wasps said they would looking at turnover increasing by 700%

So surely the story is they are currently 650% below target,

If this percent really is before and after (and over what time period before btw) it suggests a hell of a lot of tickets are discounted and actual ticket revenue can't be higher than they at Wycombe given all the additional income streams

So; in essence, you don't know. And your assertion that it's bullshit is bullshit itself.

As you don't know. Do you?

NorthernWisdom

Word of mouth is great publicity. But surely a good business should promote what it actually offers?

Torch don't mistake a lot of my moaning about our owners as just being negative and having a go. I am actually trying to point out how they could be better! Better without a great deal of outlay a lot of the time. PR is something that has been lacking at CCFC for many years and before SISU.

I am not saying they do everything wrong, but they only seem to get it 50-70 per cent right. These things are important in increasing the club's revenue.

Yeah tbf one of the things they've never done right, is show what they do do right (if that makes sense!).

Skyblueweeman

That's actually a very good example Sid and what they're trying to achieve in Bristol is a great model of how one cities sports team can pool together resources. I think the chairman might be involved with the council or something but I think it's part of some sort of Sports Bristol set up where there's involvement from the other sports teams in the city.

The one thing I would point out is that this example has two things Coventry doesn't - a strong relationship between the council and the club and a history of a top flight rugby team (or 2nd tier) for decades. We aren't exactly on best terms with the council and Wasps are newbies.

Good post though,

WM

Grendel

So; in essence, you don't know. And your assertion that it's bullshit is bullshit itself.

As you don't know. Do you?

I know an article in the guardian stated that the aim was for a 700% increase in turnover.

I know that to portray a 50% increase as a business success is bullshit as do you.

I know that a throwaway comment should be treated with suspicion and questioned for scrutiny. If Ed Milliband tolde he'd increase my wage by 50% I would want more details than blind acceptance of a single statistic.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I know an article in the guardian stated that the aim was for a 700% increase in turnover.

I know that to portray a 50% increase as a business success is bullshit as do you.

I know that a throwaway comment should be treated with suspicion and questioned for scrutiny. If Ed Milliband tolde he'd increase my wage by 50% I would want more details than blind acceptance of a single statistic.

Only you can state 'I'm not too sure what the 50% refers to' yet still make a judgement on it and argue against anyone who pulls you up on the stupidity of the stance

Old Warwickshire lad

my 12 year old lad was a ball boy for the Orient game.

Got to say they treated us well. Meet and greet at players entrance and free tickets for parents.

Got a half time drink and chance to meet players after the game.

As I said Matesx, nothing. As a lifelong supporter (54 years) I felt embarrased by my club.Surely they could have given them half a dozen free tickets or something. All the seats arround us were empty,these mums and dads arn't CCfC fans. And dont suppose they will be back.

Rusty Trombone

When Fisher came out with the 'cashflow positive' statement it was quite correctly pointed out that this means nothing without context. The turnover statement by Wasps is also rather meaningless without context and comparative info.

Ashdown

Just because the likes of you despise them and I disapprove doesn't mean they are going to go away. It won't be long before they are acknowledged as a 'local' side. We are where we are for all the reasons we debate but the hard truth is, we need to work alongside them now and get the best deal for the football club and maximise all revenue streams. I suppose a Rugby/Football combination package of some sort does make sense for both clubs. I'm concerned about the on going impact on Cov Rugby though it has to be said.

Grendel

Only you can state 'I'm not too sure what the 50% refers to' yet still make a judgement on it and argue against anyone who pulls you up on the stupidity of the stance

I know your posting on here goes up 1000% when your precious wasps and their manipulation of the local media are called into scrutiny.

Ashdown

It might... they're not renowned for their staying power, are they.

The chances are they won't be going anywhere whilst they are building up support successfully and they can afford to pay off their loan. They might be enticed to cash in by a significant offer from new and wealthy owners of the local football club but we can all dream can't we ?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I know your posting on here goes up 1000% when your precious wasps and their manipulation of the local media are called into scrutiny.

No; it goes up when I read you stating 'facts'; or calling something 'spurious' when you know nothing of the background. Sometimes, you even admit you don't know the basis for the argument, but you'll have it anyway. The fact it's often about Wasps is as a function of you turning every bloody thread about this - your latest pet subject.

It was Thorn. Then Barton. Then Ranson. Then CCC. Then Higgs. Then CCC again. Then Lucas. Then CCC for the third time. Now Wasps.

There's only one entity, and it's representatives, who seem to be incessantly excluded from your list of targets. And that's the owners who have done more to ruin this football club than all the above list added together

Nick

Administrator
We need to encourage them. Getting them to commit for a season is not going to work.
Is the JSB available now and is it for 12 months from now ?
It's the same as when I answered you last week, you can get half season for ten quid with a wad of vouchers, free entry and gift

NorthernWisdom

The chances are they won't be going anywhere whilst they are building up support successfully and they can afford to pay off their loan. They might be enticed to cash in by a significant offer from new and wealthy owners of the local football club but we can all dream can't we ?

So far we have no knowledge either way as to how successful this will be, it's slightly disengenuous to assume it'll be a dazzling success and they'll be here for 90 yeqars and a day, any more than to automatically assume they'll crash and burn.

What is for sure is if the perceived wisdom is they are here to stay, they're more likely to be...

torchomatic

Really? How do you know? They're, what's the buzzword from MMM et al...nomadic...they could move in the future.

A team up of CRFC and CCFC would be fair enough, I'd be happy with that, but not with Wasps. They may one day be "considered" local, but they're not.

Just because the likes of you despise them and I disapprove doesn't mean they are going to go away. It won't be long before they are acknowledged as a 'local' side. We are where we are for all the reasons we debate but the hard truth is, we need to work alongside them now and get the best deal for the football club and maximise all revenue streams. I suppose a Rugby/Football combination package of some sort does make sense for both clubs. I'm concerned about the on going impact on Cov Rugby though it has to be said.

torchomatic

italiahorse

Really? How do you know? They're, what's the buzzword from MMM et al...nomadic...they could move in the future.

A team up of CRFC and CCFC would be fair enough, I'd be happy with that, but not with Wasps. They may one day be "considered" local, but they're not.

Love the idea that everybody is now a CRFC supporter when they always play at the same time as CCFC.
Nobody bothered until now about the clash.
Must point out that the 2 rugby clubs have made moves to prevent any clashes though.

Users who are viewing this thread