Saudi Arabian League (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

They even edited out the colours of the rainbow armband on their montage footage of him and he’s trotting out excuses about ‘respecting religion’. Tosser.

clint van damme

The way any profile of him edits out his loan spell at City should have been a warning of what was to come!
He's made a complete fool of himself here.

Grendel

They even edited out the colours of the rainbow armband on their montage footage of him and he’s trotting out excuses about ‘respecting religion’. Tosser.

But it’s not about money it’s the challenge and a chance to change things

Grendel

Lets be honest if Jordan was so concerned he could donate some of his wages to persecution related charities - especially as he is not motivated by money

SkyBlueSoul

Lets be honest if Jordan was so concerned he could donate some of his wages to persecution related charities - especially as he is not motivated by money
I said something similar to my mates. Although it might be a hollow gesture, giving a chunk of his Saudi salary to LGBTQ+ charities might at least make it look like he still cared and be a gesture nonetheless.

NortonSkyBlue

....and yet he still makes the england squad......despite being a 33 year old pedestrian player currently making a c**t of himself in a farcical league.....

nice one gareth. :rolleyes:
And given the opportunity most would do exactly the same as him. He can secure his family for generations.
I did the same for 8 years and loved the place, great people, a standard of living we can only dream of and life experiences that were amazing.
Henderson didn’t choose himself for England and whether he is worth a place is debatable.
it may have escaped your notice but Al Hilal contested the World Club final last season and don’t be surprised if Al Ittihad win it this year.

Brighton Sky Blue

And given the opportunity most would do exactly the same as him. He can secure his family for generations.
I did the same for 8 years and loved the place, great people, a standard of living we can only dream of and life experiences that were amazing.
Henderson didn’t choose himself for England and whether he is worth a place is debatable.
it may have escaped your notice but Al Hilal contested the World Club final last season and don’t be surprised if Al Ittihad win it this year.
It’s not like he was being paid a pittance at Liverpool.

jimmyhillsfanclub

If Henderson hasn't already "secured his family for generations", then he needs better financial advice.

The world club final eh....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: of course it escaped my notice..... there's a very good reason for that.

Grendel

Look he can do what he likes but then do not possibly try and pretend in the past you support a movement where those individuals human rights are virtually non existent - and then make silly justifications afterwards

clint van damme

We're you putting yourself forward as an advocate of LGBT rights prior to going?

Grendel

For the record I would not have gone there if my company had offered me the "opportunity"

Travs

One of my best friends lived for a number of years in Saudi Arabia.... he had some bad experiences whilst living there and said it was one of the few places he wouldn't go back to, to live..... and this is a chap who has lived all over Europe and Asia, not the ravings of a bigot...

That said, i (like probably most people) would certainly do the same for financial security for a few years... i wouldn't however try to pretend it was for anything else other than the money though.

NortonSkyBlue

One of my best friends lived for a number of years in Saudi Arabia.... he had some bad experiences whilst living there and said it was one of the few places he wouldn't go back to, to live..... and this is a chap who has lived all over Europe and Asia, not the ravings of a bigot...

That said, i (like probably most people) would certainly do the same for financial security for a few years... i wouldn't however try to pretend it was for anything else other than the money though.
8 years, speak as I find, no bad experiences, I won’t pretend it was for anything else other than the money. I have lived in London, Hamburg, Vancouver, Manila, Thailand, Moscow and Riyadh since leaving our fair city and if I could live out my life in any city it would be Riyadh.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He's already financially secure for generations (or should) from his earnings already, and he could have still earned an astronomical amount at Liverpool or if he'd got a move to another PL team.

Plus he's said it's not about the money.

And it wasn't that long ago he was saying how awful the place was for it's treatment of LGBTQ+ people.

All he's managed to do is make himself look a bit of a c***.

Grendel

He's already financially secure for generations (or should) from his earnings already, and he could have still earned an astronomical amount at Liverpool or if he'd got a move to another PL team.

Plus he's said it's not about the money.

And it wasn't that long ago he was saying how awful the place was for it's treatment of LGBTQ+ people.

All he's managed to do is make himself look a bit of a c***.

yes he has but it’s no different to most other people is it really. People when dangled the dollar often forget what they’ve believed in

We are all hypocrites in the end I suppose just don’t foolishly try and say it’s advancing a cause

Grendel

I mean it’s easy I guess on reflection to actually laugh at hypocrisy but I’m certain on occasions I’d have laughed with my university house mates about gays when in reality at the time was in a gay relationship myself so I can’t really criticise too much

Grendel

SBAndy

Corrrr what a standard of living.
yes he has but it’s no different to most other people is it really. People when dangled the dollar often forget what they’ve believed in

We are all hypocrites in the end I suppose just don’t foolishly try and say it’s advancing a cause

Most other people haven’t been earning ballpark £7m a year for the last 8 years.

SBAndy

Most people haven’t been earning ballpark £7m a year for the last 8 years.

Sick Boy

I can understand why the average person would go for the money but it’s definitely not a place or society that I’d ever want to live in.
I know someone who worked there for a year when he was late 20s and said it was one the most boring experiences of his life. He got invited to ‘chop chop’ square by some colleagues for entertainment but declined - what a place.

Travs

My mate had a western girlfriend (can't remember if she was German or Danish)..... and could only do simple things like hold hands with her in the confines of the "British Compound".

Some standard of living

SkyBlueSoul

Friends of mine enjoyed their time in Saudi Arabia. Sounded distinctly like a blind eye was turned to certain things as long as you were one of the people they wanted to be there. Anyone else however...
I visited a friend in Dubai and it was the same. Compounds for all the Western residents, house fully stocked with alcohol, bars/clubs etc. Just don't stagger down the street pissed and you're fine.

My taxi got stopped at the compound gates once and I was waved through without question. Turns out they were just checking that I was white and therefore allowed in that bit.

AOM

I've never liked Ramos, but fair play, turned down 20 mil a year in Saudi

I read Lukaku also took a pay cut to move to Roma on a loan rather than a pay increase with a move to Saudi.
You never know what else plays a part, but fair play wanting to still play at a competitive level rather than move for a big payout

Users who are viewing this thread