***Relegation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Good thing about MK (hopefully) winning tonight is that they will still be up for Port Vale game - as 2nd place Preston are playing Bristol City on Saturday, so they could be within 2 points of automatic play offs by winning (if Brizzle beat PNE). Come on Carl Baker's mob ! I want as many teams as possible in with us in case goal difference comes into it!!!

Sky Blue Harry H

Fuss about nothing, we will get 9 more points

That will require us scoring in 3 more games (without the other side scoring!) That may sound like stating the bleeding obvious, but at the moment scoring 2 in a game seems wishful thinking. I'm hoping Oldham won't be arsed, as they've nothing to play for, hope Brizzle have won the league by the time we play them. The other games will all be like cup finals (without the quality!!)

Sky Blue Harry H

QPR equalise against the Vile. Come on.......... (sorry, but it's sort of linked to the relegation thread :D:D

Gazolba

I don't get how the Villa vs QPR result affects our relegation prospects?

D

Deleted member 4439

Or how two entirely random clubs have anything to do with Coventry.

should you be referring to Bristol city vs Swindon, then it's simply that facing BC as champions has to be better than facing them as needing points to be champions [clutching at straws].

warwickdon

Good thing about MK (hopefully) winning tonight is that they will still be up for Port Vale game - as 2nd place Preston are playing Bristol City on Saturday, so they could be within 2 points of automatic play offs by winning (if Brizzle beat PNE). Come on Carl Baker's mob ! I want as many teams as possible in with us in case goal difference comes into it!!!

Don't woorry, we'll beat vale, funny how people like us when we help them out, now i'll wait for the, yes but.....

LJC_CCFC

As there isn't a BBC predictor anymore I've used this one on the Grimsby forum http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=3&submitform=Next

The GD is a bit dodgy, as you can't alter specific fixtures, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

I have Yeovil, Colchester, Orient and County going down. With us staying up on 55 points having beaten Colchester and Oldham, drawing with Crewe and Crawley and losing to Brizzle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 17.14.15.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 17.14.15.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 68

Otis

As there isn't a BBC predictor anymore I've used this one on the Grimsby forum http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=3&submitform=Next

The GD is a bit dodgy, as you can't alter specific fixtures, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

I have Yeovil, Colchester, Orient and County going down. With us staying up on 55 points having beaten Colchester and Oldham, drawing with Crewe and Crawley and losing to Brizzle.

Well that would be a very nice end to the season for sure.

1 defeat in 5 would be excellent.

Grendel

Not at home it doesn't. The fact is that the Colchester game is critical. The form table also is influenced by a player no longer with us.

If we lose to Colchester its very difficult to see a way out of the mire.

We now have to rely on the likes of Nouble and Jackson and frankly, both are poor and not the types you want in a battle.

CovLis86

Yeovil hiring new manager, hopefully give them a boost to at least take a point against Notts County, or even better take all 3 off them. Here's hoping.

stupot07

It's not when you ignore the the first 2 of 6 games, and then consider our home form..

We aren't going to get 8 points and finish 14th, I think you've been a bit optimistic with our results and pessimistic with the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

It's not when you ignore the the first 2 of 6 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Form of the last ten games is better than several of our relegation rivals. Yes the home form is bad, but that's more in terms of results than performances, eliminate individual defensive errors and we haven't played that badly since TM has come in.

LJC_CCFC

It's not when you ignore the the first 2 of 6 games, and then consider our home form..

We aren't going to get 8 points and finish 14th, I think you've been a bit optimistic with our results and pessimistic with the others.

Well I haven't, that's just your opinion. We are quite capable of beating Colchester and Oldham and drawing with Crewe and Crawley.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we can manage win at home we will stay up. If we fail to win all 3 home matches we will likely go down.

Personally I think we will do it, Oldham have been pretty crap since Lee Johnson left and have nothing to play for and Crewe are as poor an away side (probably worse) than we are a home team.

Last edited:

stupot07

Well I haven't, that's just your opinion. We are quite capable of beating Colchester and Oldham and drawing with Crewe and Crawley.

Of course it's my opinion that's why I said "I think...."

We may be quite capable of beating any side in the league. But if we are in agreement Bristol is a no goer, then we're looking at having to take points from our 3 homes games plus 1 away game and our home form is shit.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/form-table/home

Add to that our form against bottom half sides is also shit.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/versus-bottom-half

Then add to that after our initial scoring burst under mowbray, we have now scored just 2 goals in our last 4 games. We have no samuels and we have no tudguy either.

I think we'll stay up but it will be a tough slog, not a cakewalk into midtable obscurity.

LJC_CCFC

Of course it's my opinion that's why I said "I think...."

We may be quite capable of beating any side in the league. But if we are in agreement Bristol is a no goer, then we're looking at having to take points from our 3 homes games plus 1 away game and our home form is shit.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/form-table/home

Add to that our form against bottom half sides is also shit.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/versus-bottom-half

Then add to that after our initial scoring burst under mowbray, we have now scored just 2 goals in our last 4 games. We have no samuels and we have no tudguy either.

I think we'll stay up but it will be a tough slog, not a cakewalk into midtable obscurity.

I wouldn't say being 4 points off relegation is a 'cakewalk into mid table obscurity'.

Otis

Yeovil hiring new manager, hopefully give them a boost to at least take a point against Notts County, or even better take all 3 off them. Here's hoping.

Yeah, but Notts County have just brought in a new manager too and Yeovil will be his first game in charge as well.

stupot07

I wouldn't say being 4 points off relegation is a 'cakewalk into mid table obscurity'.

Well look at the table you have picking up not far off 2 points per game, then the rest of our rivals picking up 1 ppg or less. I would love to get 8 points finish midtable, but our form at home, record against bottom half teams and losing samuels suggests to me it's going to go down to the wire. You disagree, that's fine.

stupot07

You would bloody hope so wouldn't you.

Of course you would, if the game was on paper, results sorted before a ball has been kicked.

We should have been good enough to beat Orient, we should have been good enough to beat Notts county,

LJC_CCFC

Of course you would, if the game was on paper, results sorted before a ball has been kicked.

We should have been good enough to beat Orient, we should have been good enough to beat Notts county,

We were good enough to beat both, we were the better side in both. The performances are there and the results will come, if we can eliminate schoolboy defensive errors.

stupot07

We were good enough to beat both, we were the better side in both. The performances are there and the results will come, if we can eliminate schoolboy defensive errors.

We won't eliminate the errors, there will always be a mistake in our midfield and back 4, and now we have no real threat up front. Who's going to score the goals?

Forget it, easy, we're going to win all 5 games, we are the mighty city better than every team as proven by the league table. I'm now flouncing off to watch DCI Banks.

LJC_CCFC

We won't eliminate the errors, there will always be a mistake in our midfield and back 4, and now we have no real threat up front. Who's going to score the goals?

Forget it, easy, we're going to win all 5 games, we are the mighty city better than every team as proven by the league table. I'm now flouncing off to watch DCI Banks.

Hahaha enjoy

Otis

Wasn't long ago people were bemoaning our away form, before Mowbray had arrived we had won 3 away games all season.

I'm not too worried about Saturday. There is no way we deserved to lose against Orient and if we can recreate that same form against Colchester then I am confident we will win.

stupot07

Wasn't long ago people were bemoaning our away form, before Mowbray had arrived we had won 3 away games all season.

Before mowbray arrived we'd only won 4 games at the Ricoh.....

phildownunder

Before the last 3 games I was looking for 4 points. I thought we would probably lose at Peterboro and get 4 points from the Orient and Notts Co games. Didn`t work out that way, but we did get the 4 points any way. So still going as I`d hoped.

Hoping for 4 points from the 2 home games coming up, taking us to 51 with a better goal diff than many around us in the league. If we manage this (by no means a formality I know) we probably only need 2 more points to pretty well guarantee safety, so it`s all still in our own hands.

If we manage to lose these 2 games that will deffo be the time to talk about must win games and study other teams results and fixtures. I don`t think it`s time for that just yet.

Otis

Before the last 3 games I was looking for 4 points. I thought we would probably lose at Peterboro and get 4 points from the Orient and Notts Co games. Didn`t work out that way, but we did get the 4 points any way. So still going as I`d hoped.

Hoping for 4 points from the 2 home games coming up, taking us to 51 with a better goal diff than many around us in the league. If we manage this (by no means a formality I know) we probably only need 2 more points to pretty well guarantee safety, so it`s all still in our own hands.

If we manage to lose these 2 games that will deffo be the time to talk about must win games and study other teams results and fixtures. I don`t think it`s time for that just yet.

4 points out of the next 2 games would be fine, but I do just hope that if it is to be 4 points it is is 3 against Colchester and 1 against Orient, not the other way round. Just think a win Saturday will take so much pressure off. Just a draw Saturday will put so much more pressure on for Oldham.

I know, 4 points is 4 points, but we are talking before the fact here and I think we are much more likely to achieve the 4 points if we bag the win on Saturday first. If we drew on Saturday I would be less confident about bagging the win next Tuesday.

The win against Colchester also puts distance between us and them and will severely dent their survival hopes.

Users who are viewing this thread