***Relegation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Macca

Let's all pretend we are going to get relegated thread :-D

MichaelCCFC

I've started feeling very nervous since the Orient game. After the away wins I was confident we'd beat Orient and we'd then have been looking pretty much ok. Even having lost that game, if we'd won at NC we'd be looking a lot more comfortable. But if we write off Bristol City and want to avoid needing something at Crawley that leaves 3 home games which on the face of it should be easily winnable...but that's what I thought with Orient and the combination of our home form, goals drying up and not beating other relegation contenders eg Orient and NC has me worried. If we win on Sat that would again see as all but safe but if we lose it really is a case of hoping Scunny and others do worse than us.

letsallsingtogether

If our strikers start doing their jobs I believe we will be okay.
So 2-0 Saturday will be a good start.PUSB

Gazolba

If our strikers start doing their jobs I believe we will be okay.
The strikers can only do their jobs if they are fed the ball in good positions. So far this has not happened enough to lead to many goal chances.
A team may get two shots and score both occasionally, but it wont happen very often especially with the standard of strikers we have.
We need to be having 10-15 shots per game, especially at home.
We rarely generate anything from free-kicks or corners - which are prime opportunities to set up chances.

Sky Blue Harry H

Richard Wood has been Crawley's best player for the last few games (scored 3 in his loan spell) and I was worried he'd come back to haunt us in the final game, but Steve Evans (Rotherham boss) has recalled him. Good old Steve Evans (there's a phrase I never thought I'd utter !!!)

phildownunder

4 points out of the next 2 games would be fine, but I do just hope that if it is to be 4 points it is is 3 against Colchester and 1 against Orient, not the other way round. Just think a win Saturday will take so much pressure off. Just a draw Saturday will put so much more pressure on for Oldham.

I know, 4 points is 4 points, but we are talking before the fact here and I think we are much more likely to achieve the 4 points if we bag the win on Saturday first. If we drew on Saturday I would be less confident about bagging the win next Tuesday.

The win against Colchester also puts distance between us and them and will severely dent their survival hopes.

Yes I agree Otis. If we look at it on a game by game basis you are right. As you say the pressure will be greater if we if we only draw on Sat (lets not go into losing !). However if after the next 2 games we have picked up 4 points I will be well pleased and not particularly fussed if it`s the Oldham game we win.

If got those points we would be only 2 points from pretty well guaranteed safety. If we do that it won`t matter about Colchester or any other single team. There are so many teams in the mix, many of which are to play eachother that you can bet your bottom dollar IMO that at least 4 teams would finish below us.

Captain Dart

Richard Wood has been Crawley's best player for the last few games (scored 3 in his loan spell) and I was worried he'd come back to haunt us in the final game, but Steve Evans (Rotherham boss) has recalled him. Good old Steve Evans (there's a phrase I never thought I'd utter !!!)

Is he a mate of Tony Mowbray :whistle:

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

At league 1 level, Richard Wood is a very good centre half - would love to have him back. Never got offered a new deal did he, was down to high wages I believe (isn't it always!)

LJC_CCFC

Half time as it stands table:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 16.01.52.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 16.01.52.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 71

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
4 games left 12 points to be had knowing us well make it hard for ourselves but a win and a draw should keep us safe but we wont make it easy any what way knowing us.

Grendel

Drama?? The whole seasons been a drama. That's why we are where we are.

We Seem not to play well against the lower teams.

We've just beat a lower team - two points will be enough now.

chiefdave

Another win and I'll relax. Would be nice if we could get it this week. I don't want to be in a situation where we're risking being drawn back into it going into the last couple of games.

J

Jack Griffin

Current form is good enough to survive, up above 1.5pts per game.

Admittedly Orient, Colchester, Crawley have similar form but then there Crewe, Vale, County & Yeovil are far worse. They are the clubs sinking, steady as she goes Captain.

stupot07

3 more points should do it! Then we can relax a tad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Evo1883

We are winning around 1in 2 since pressleys departure (5 in 11 losing 4)
Think 3 points 4 at most is enough and on form thats going to happen

ccfc92

Chesterfield 6th V Colchester 23rd
Cov 16th V Oldham 14th
Orient 19th V Doncaster 13th
N.County 22nd V Barnsley 10th
P'Boro 11th V Crewe 21st
S'Thorpe 17th V Port Vale 18th
Walsall 15th V Crawley 20th

Out of all of them, we have the favorable game IMO. The only other games I think are a problem is Orient V Donny and P'Boro V Crewe.

I think by the end of these games, we will have a good idea of where we and others are, and hopefully we will be safe.

rupert_bear

With Johnson coming back and Maddison doing so well when he came on it's like signing two better players for the run in and our form is pretty good but we are finding goals hard to come by, silly misses hitting the woodwork when we should score, put it this way I don't want to be behind chasing the game.

Otis

Chesterfield 6th V Colchester 23rd
Cov 16th V Oldham 14th
Orient 19th V Doncaster 13th
N.County 22nd V Barnsley 10th
P'Boro 11th V Crewe 21st
S'Thorpe 17th V Port Vale 18th
Walsall 15th V Crawley 20th

Out of all of them, we have the favorable game IMO. The only other games I think are a problem is Orient V Donny and P'Boro V Crewe.

I think by the end of these games, we will have a good idea of where we and others are, and hopefully we will be safe.

Have to say, I though that Notts County, with a new manager in tow, were going to be nailed on for a victory today, so a draw at Yeovil is a real bonus.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have to say, I though that Notts County, with a new manager in tow, were going to be nailed on for a victory today, so a draw at Yeovil is a real bonus.

I think Notts County have made a bit of a balls up appointing Ricardo Moniz, long term he may be able to stamp a philosophy on them but with only 6 games left in a relegation battle to appoint someone with no knowledge of the league, players, opposition, relegation battles seems a bit odd.

Otis

I think Notts County have made a bit of a balls up appointing Ricardo Moniz, long term he may be able to stamp a philosophy on them but with only 6 games left in a relegation battle to appoint someone with no knowledge of the league, players, opposition, relegation battles seems a bit odd.

The timing was a bit bizarre for sure. Should have had him in the wings to take over in the Summer.

Covstu

Agree one more will keep us up, still a bit scary that we are three points from the drop dispite the win.

Otis

Agree one more will keep us up, still a bit scary that we are three points from the drop dispite the win.

Yep. You would have thought that the win yesterday would have pulled us clear. Unfortunately though, all the bottom teams were playing each other, so points were being picked up elsewhere.

Think Tuesday is still very important. We don't want to lose that one with Bristol City away coming up next Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread