***Relegation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree to an extent however, The problem is, we started the 2nd half so well we forget that we only really dominated for 15-20 mins. Our last shot at goal was on 66 mins, Orient scored on 78 minutes, we didn't have another shot in the remaining plus 4 minutes injury time. It's just not good enough. You throw the kitchen sink at the other team, regardless of the game plan our player lacked any urgency in those lack 16 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
You don't have to have a shot a minute to be dominating, it did start to peter out around the 70th minute but we were still in control, dictating the play and getting into decent positions up to the goal conceded which was completely against the run of play. We just didn't manage to carve out a decent chance or final pass in the 12 minute period between the Odleusi shot and the Orient goal.

The last 10 minutes were awful yes, that is because imo the game plan was completely chucked out of the window and there was no plan B. For the last 10 we played with no game plan.

stupot07

You don't have to have a shot a minute to be dominating, it did start to peter out around the 70th minute but we were still in control, dictating the play and getting into decent positions up to the goal conceded which was completely against the run of play. We just didn't manage to carve out a decent chance or final pass in the 12 minute period between the Odleusi shot and the Orient goal.

The last 10 minutes were awful yes, that is because imo the game plan was completely chucked out of the window and there was no plan B. For the last 10 we played with no game plan.

I know you don't have to be having shots to dominate, but we had stopped asking questions of Orient, and our the possession we were having was nearer our half than theirs before they scored. I would agree that there was no plan b, but I would also argue that they had also already nullified plan a by the time the final 10 came.

I don't think that some of our players haven't realised what a desperate position we're in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think that some of our players haven't realised what a desperate position we're in.

I don't believe that

The Orient goal was a sucker punch and the players lost there head and composure and as a result the game plan evaporated. Had Orient not scored and we continued probing in the same manner I'm convinced we'd have created more chances.

Chipfat

I still don't think we will go down , but my worry is that certain players who will not be here next season will not keep going if things turn against us..The other problem is funny and unpredictable results start to happen which keeps us looking over our shoulder. We have it in our hands and play teams around us, so if the unthinkable did happen we have to look at how the club has got to this point and point fingers and ask for answers on where fault will lie..

Lastly if we stay up, we have more questions than answers.

Last edited:

Gazolba

i am merely suggesting that the fact we don't have to win takes the pressure off us and can work to our advantage.
There will just not the panic and desperation there in place to get the win, the way there will be in the Notts County camp.

It all depends on who scores first. If they score first, we will be under pressure.
If they score first, I just hope it's in the first half.
I cannot see us beating Notts County. Four away wins on the trot is too much to hope for.
As for their terrible home record, how many other times have we played clubs with terrible records and been handily beaten?
I consider every game from now till the end of the season as a must win because we might lose every other game.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I still don't think we will go down , but my worry is that certain players who will not be here next season will not keep going if things turn against us..The other problem is funny and unpredictable results start to happen which keeps us looking over our shoulder. We have it in our hands and play teams around us, so if the unthinkable did happen we have to look at how the club has got to this point and point fingers and ask for answers on where fault will lie..

Lastly if we stay up, we have more questions than answers.

It could also be spun as these players are now playing not only for there Coventry future but quite a few are playing for there football future, some are in danger of dropping out of the professional divisions all together and a relegation would almost certainly mean we won't resign them and they would also be less attractive signing to other clubs. Whereas a player with security of a three year contract may not be bothered as he knows he is guaranteed his wage for the next 3 years regardless of what level we play at.
It's in the players interests to keep us up

Otis

It all depends on who scores first. If they score first, we will be under pressure.
If they score first, I just hope it's in the first half.
I cannot see us beating Notts County. Four away wins on the trot is too much to hope for.
As for their terrible home record, how many other times have we played clubs with terrible records and been handily beaten?
I consider every game from now till the end of the season as a must win because we might lose every other game.

Well, yes of course, if they score first then the balance of pressure totally reverses. We can of course now only talk about before the game though can't we. We can't second guess what will happen if certain events take place.

Going into the game there is so much more pressure on Notts County than there is on us. They have to win. That creates pressure and tension.

I really think the fact they have to win really helps us and our style of play away from home.

Was a expecting a lot more positivity to be honest on this thread re Monday, but there seems to be a real fear about tomorrow's game. Had it been SP in charge I would have felt exactly the same way, but he isn't. And it's not like we played badly against Orient. That was a game that on another day we would have won. Had it been a capitulation like the Doncaster game I would be a lot more worried, but on Wednesday we player well in spells.

I think tomorrow's game suits us down to the ground personally.

Maybe it's just me. I just don't buy into all this gloom and doom. I think if we lose tomorrow we will indeed be in with a real chance of going down, but I don't think we will lose tomorrow. I have faith in TM to approach this game in the right manner.

Sky Blue Harry H

Well, yes of course, if they score first then the balance of pressure totally reverses. We can of course now only talk about before the game though can't we. We can't second guess what will happen if certain events take place.

Going into the game there is so much more pressure on Notts County than there is on us. They have to win. That creates pressure and tension.

I really think the fact they have to win really helps us and our style of play away from home.

Was a expecting a lot more positivity to be honest on this thread re Monday, but there seems to be a real fear about tomorrow's game. Had it been SP in charge I would have felt exactly the same way, but he isn't. And it's not like we played badly against Orient. That was a game that on another day we would have won. Had it been a capitulation like the Doncaster game I would be a lot more worried, but on Wednesday we player well in spells.

I think tomorrow's game suits us down to the ground personally.

Maybe it's just me. I just don't buy into all this gloom and doom. I think if we lose tomorrow we will indeed be in with a real chance of going down, but I don't think we will lose tomorrow. I have faith in TM to approach this game in the right manner.

Are you going tomorrow Otis? I have a positive feeling about tomorrow, though a lot of that is due to the extra few days rest our squad have compared to Notts County had (plus nearer kick off time, it will be Sky Blue/ Kronenburg* enhanced!) * other lagers are available

LJC_CCFC

The views of very knowledgeable Notts County fans on another forum, little confidence boost before tomorrow:

"Fuck sake. I much prefer those times you have a full week between games to give you a chance to forget completely about this complete ballbag of a club.
We will absolutely lose this. Never been more sure of anything in my life."

"This is the most boring side ever. Only way we will win is if someone flukes and nobs one in. Fucking dire"

"Don't worry about our negativity, we have been like it for the last 4 months and even worse the last 3-4 weeks and its made no difference. Today's point was valuable and would have been looked at as a good one before Christmas but we don't need solitary points now. We have to start to go at teams now for the win opening up our dodgy defence. Last season we rose from the ashes, this season we look like something you would flush down your loo."

"We have a decent record against cov in recent years. We just have no spark, no player capable of doing anything special. This will be two hours of torture. We have to rely on orient or Crewe being shitter, which right now I'm not sure they are."

Kingokings204

The views of very knowledgeable Notts County fans on another forum, little confidence boost before tomorrow:

"Fuck sake. I much prefer those times you have a full week between games to give you a chance to forget completely about this complete ballbag of a club.
We will absolutely lose this. Never been more sure of anything in my life."

"This is the most boring side ever. Only way we will win is if someone flukes and nobs one in. Fucking dire"

"Don't worry about our negativity, we have been like it for the last 4 months and even worse the last 3-4 weeks and its made no difference. Today's point was valuable and would have been looked at as a good one before Christmas but we don't need solitary points now. We have to start to go at teams now for the win opening up our dodgy defence. Last season we rose from the ashes, this season we look like something you would flush down your loo."

"We have a decent record against cov in recent years. We just have no spark, no player capable of doing anything special. This will be two hours of torture. We have to rely on orient or Crewe being shitter, which right now I'm not sure they are."

Sounds like me after Wednesday night but about Cov.

Otis

Are you going tomorrow Otis? I have a positive feeling about tomorrow, though a lot of that is due to the extra few days rest our squad have compared to Notts County had (plus nearer kick off time, it will be Sky Blue/ Kronenburg* enhanced!) * other lagers are available

No, not going, Harry.

Was severely tempted though and that's a real major for me, cos my last away game was 1987. :eek:

stupot07

Sounds like me after Wednesday night but about Cov.

He seemed to forget to post these ones....

Notts to win 2-1, With the Crowd behind them and if we keep at them like we did on Friday, we should score.

Spencer
Noble

3897 Fans.

Posted 05 Apr 2015 15:53
Against Coventry : It's 3 points for The Magpies
Just been on The Coventry website and had a look at their squad. This is one game we will win.
They are weak at the back and not much cop up front or in midfield.
Can only see one result, and it's a win for the Magpies.
To enforce how much I know I used to play in a team that played Steve Ogrisowicz at Centre forward.
Nuff said.

stupot07

Different forum clearly, I trust the opinions of the county fans I quoted to be realistic views.

I sincerely hope it's not going to be another LJC we're going to win this game easy guaranteed backfire. That's seemed to have occurred on a regular basis this season....

LJC_CCFC

I sincerely hope it's not going to be another LJC we're going to win this game easy guaranteed backfire. That's seemed to have occurred on a regular basis this season....

I'd ask you to find those types of comments from me, however you would search the deepest depths of SBT all night to find them, so I won't.

This is by no means an 'easy game', mainly because of the pressure of the situation. Historically we don't handle pressure situations well and every City fan to a man will be wrecked with nerves come 3pm tomorrow.

However, we go into this as favourites. Our squad/first team is better than theirs, they've been on a dreadful run over the last few months and despite sacking Derry the majority of their fans aren't convinced with Paul Hart taking charge for the remainder of the season.

We are slowly but surely getting better, playing better football and building a bit of confidence. Barring several horrific defensive errors we would probably be safe by now.

Put in a professional performance tomorrow and we should come away with the win.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Notts County are shit, there's no disputing that. It's just whether on the day we are more or less shit than them which will decide who take the points.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'd ask you to find those types of comments from me, however you would search the deepest depths of SBT all night to find them, so I won't.

This is by no means an 'easy game', mainly because of the pressure of the situation. Historically we don't handle pressure situations well and every City fan to a man will be wrecked with nerves come 3pm tomorrow.

However, we go into this as favourites. Our squad/first team is better than theirs, they've been on a dreadful run over the last few months and despite sacking Derry the majority of their fans aren't convinced with Paul Hart taking charge for the remainder of the season.

We are slowly but surely getting better, playing better football and building a bit of confidence. Barring several horrific defensive errors we would probably be safe by now.

Put in a professional performance tomorrow and we should come away with the win.

I respect your views LJ, but I presume you are quite young as you obviously were not there in all the must win last 2/3 games we had to win in the 1970's /80's/ 90's to stay up ,which we always came through on.

so again I respect your views,but I would say we are the opposite historically of not handling the pressure in big games as you say, infact we were famous for always staying up come what may,we were masters of handling the pressure

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Notts County are shit, there's no disputing that. It's just whether on the day we are more or less shit than them which will decide who take the points.

Yeah the above comment translates to:

County are very shit, we really should win.

LJC_CCFC

I respect your views LJ, but I presume you are quite young as you obviously were not there in all the must win last 2/3 games we had to win in the 1970's /80's/ 90's to stay up which we always. Came through on.

so again I respect your views,but I wouls say we are the opposite historically of not handling the pressure in big games, infact we were masters of it.

Was referring to the last ten years yeah. I know about the relegation battles etc. Here's hoping for some of that 70/80/90s Magic tomorrow.

Otis

Just noticed that Port Vale are now being dragged into the mire too. They are now just 2 points above the bottom 4 and have played the same amount of games as us.

There were just a couple of points outside the play-offs I think when they beat us.

Ironically, since their victory here they have lost 6 games on the trot. Could they be in freefall and maybe end up as one of the bottom 4 teams come the end of the season?

They have some quite tough games amongst their run-in.

MK Dons H

Scunthorpe A

Preston H

Yeovil A

Fleetwood H

Otis

Never going down in a million years

Why do you say that Macca?

I thought they were a poor side when they came here and they have now lost 6 in a row. You would expect them to lose against Preston and MK Dons and Fleetwood are still in with a chance of a top 6 place too.

I think they probably will be just okay, but I don't think it is impossible by a long chalk.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought they were a poor side when they came here and they have now lost 6 in a row. You would expect them to lose against Preston and MK Dons and Fleetwood are still in with a chance of a top 6 place too.

I think they probably will be just okay, but I don't think it is impossible by a long chalk.
Your looking at them probably having to lose 4 of the last 5 games to go down, how often do you see a team lose 10 games in 11? They will probably beat Yeovil and pick up a battling draw somewhere else to see them just about safe.

Macca

Sorry old chap I was talking about us. I'd live to see Vale go down, tramps

Otis

Your looking at them probably having to lose 4 of the last 5 games to go down, how often do you see a team lose 10 games in 11? They will probably beat Yeovil and pick up a battling draw somewhere else to see them just about safe.

Yes, I agree. It's a slimmer chance and they should be okay, but they have been dragged into it somewhat. They've gone from being well clear of the bottom 4, to just 2 points outside.

You have to remember they are just 1 point ahead of us and we think we may be in with a chance of relegation, so I don't think it impossible for Port Vale to be in with a chance of going down too.

Hobo

I honestly thought we would be beaten today I fancied County 2-0. The Samuels injury is a big blow for us. I have felt for some time it will go the last game of the season. TM's arrival has not really boosted my confidence (and I am not knocking his ability). It is more to do with some fans attitude about these players were capable of being play off contenders. I never felt that, I think the squad is poor. We are where we are for a reason. Other teams down around us are firing better than us at the moment.

however football is a funny game.....fortunes can change in the course of a couple of games.....but we need someone to grasp the opportunity and start banging in a few goals.

Otis

I honestly thought we would be beaten today I fancied County 2-0. The Samuels injury is a big blow for us. I have felt for some time it will go the last game of the season. TM's arrival has not really boosted my confidence (and I am not knocking his ability). It is more to do with some fans attitude about these players were capable of being play off contenders. I never felt that, I think the squad is poor. We are where we are for a reason. Other teams down around us are firing better than us at the moment.

however football is a funny game.....fortunes can change in the course of a couple of games.....but we need someone to grasp the opportunity and start banging in a few goals.

I expect Reda to be back in on Saturday and bizarrely enough, he will now probably be our greatest goal threat.

Pathetic isn't it. 41 games gone and our top goalscorer has just 7 goals for the season.

J

Jack Griffin

Still treading water, a couple of places one point above the dreaded drop zone. Today was an opportunity to bounce free which neither side was able to take.

I feel that we will win the Bristol City away game because they will already be Champions by then.

On Saturday Bristol play Preston, the only other team that can plausibly can snatch the title from them, if they win then we may have an easier game than it looks like on paper. So lets hope Bristol win on Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Get Tudgay upfront with Nouble and Odelusi supporting, midfield 3 of Ward, Fleck and O'Brien (with Nouble or Odelusi dropping back to make it a 4 when needed) and get Johnson back in defence, also maybe Phillips as he's better going forwards than Willis.

Otis

Any chance of Tudgay being back? I won't feel confident if we go in with Jackson and Proschwitz up front.

Nope, me neither. Massive difference between having Samuel and Tudgay and Jackson and Proschwitz. The 2nd two send shivers down my spine.

bigfatronssba

Never going down in a million years

On current form we will stay up, by the skin of our teeth.

All it takes though is one slip up, a referee decision to go against us, player to get themselves off, dodgy goal decision etc, just one of those things to happen in the last 5 games and we'll go.

So whilst I think we will probably just scrape safety, I really don't think any of us should be overconfident about that at the moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nope, me neither. Massive difference between having Samuel and Tudgay and Jackson and Proschwitz. The 2nd two send shivers down my spine.

I can't remember many times where fans of another team have taken the time to make an account specifically to warn us of how useless one of their players is. And yep, we signed him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Still treading water, a couple of places one point above the dreaded drop zone. Today was an opportunity to bounce free which neither side was able to take.

I feel that we will win the Bristol City away game because they will already be Champions by then.

On Saturday Bristol play Preston, the only other team that can plausibly can snatch the title from them, if they win then we may have an easier game than it looks like on paper. So lets hope Bristol win on Saturday!

That is some very optimistic thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread