Ref (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

I really don’t think he did. The red I reckon was probably right but never a pen for me. Despite what all those pundits, including Robins say. I suspect Robins can afford to be magnanimous about it but had we lost he’d be livid.
Their player did not have the ball. It was a clearance by Thomas and not a slide tackle/challenge.

Sky Blue Pete

I really don’t think he did. The red I reckon was probably right but never a pen for me. Despite what all those pundits, including Robins say. I suspect Robins can afford to be magnanimous about it but and had we lost he’d be livid.
Their player did not have the ball. It was clearance by Thomas and not a slide tackle/challenge.
Fair

skyblue1991

Both decisions are 50/50 and can understand both sides of the coin

For me though, not a pen and not a red but completely get why the ref and others think the opposite

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Manchester_sky_blue

Both decisions are 50/50 and can understand both sides of the coin

For me though, not a pen and not a red but completely get why the ref and others think the opposite

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
Agree with this. I reckon he knew the pen was iffy too which may have influenced his decision form the red.

I've no idea what Tatsu's yellow was for though.

pusbccfc

Nuskyblue

Most of the game I was bemused to be fair.

Having that said, I saw a replay of their pen and I somehow thought it wasn't a foul and a red car for Thomas 🤷

skyblu3sk

Their pen was an odd one given he got the ball cleanly then they clashed I thought it shouldn't have been given but I obviously don't know the laws of the game as much as MR who says it was. I did think it shouldn't have been a red though as he's clearly got the ball. Their red was borderline I did think it was reckless and no chance of getting the ball but no studs showing although he was off the ground. Two very difficult calls you probably could argue either way.

Skyblue_LDN

Think it was a harsh red, yellow would have been fine. Pen is a funny one, we would have been screaming for it even though he did get the ball, would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch I guess

The watchmaker

Both wrong for me. Thomas has cleared it. The Leicester man is late and has taken his studs out after the ball has gone. Free kick Coventry. ;) The red - it's again very late and it's not a clever challenge but he has kept it low and I'm not sure anyone would have argued with a yellow. I don't think he sends him off if he hasn't given the pen.

skybluegod

I think by the laws of the game both are right, but it brings up the debate about the rules running the game again.

Thought the ref had a bad game in general though. Big decisions yes right by the book but he went against the laws when not giving out some early yellows to a couple of the Leicester lads, clearly trying to let the game flow but undermines him as well.

Ashdown

Never a pen, he’s clearly won the ball from DHall who isn’t in control at all. It’s a goal kick . The sending off was valid, he dived in and could have broke his leg the dirty bastard.

SeaSeeEffCee

I think it was a pen personally and I think English football as a whole needs to get away from the idea that a challenge can't possibly be a foul if the defender wins the ball. There is nothing at all about winning the ball in the laws of the game. It was reckless from Thomas and he could have done Dewsbury-Hall some fairly serious damage. That being said, the referee still had an appallig game. His defintion of a yellow card varied massively throughout and, first half especially, he seemed to want to give every decision he could to Leicester. Red card was a correct decision, poor challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread