Ref (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

I think it was a pen personally and I think English football as a whole needs to get away from the idea that a challenge can't possibly be a foul if the defender wins the ball. There is nothing at all about winning the ball in the laws of the game. It was reckless from Thomas and he could have done Dewsbury-Hall some fairly serious damage. That being said, the referee still had an appallig game. His defintion of a yellow card varied massively throughout and, first half especially, he seemed to want to give every decision he could to Leicester. Red card was a correct decision, poor challenge.
I think It was a clearance rather than a challenge/tackle. If the keeper came out and did that there’s no way they’d give a pen.

Nuskyblue

The amount of times the ref should have booked Leicester player for cynical fouls or totting up was ridiculous.

The amount of fouls Winks made for example
Winks 😂

His near meltdowns in the last 10 minutes were delicious. What a fucking child.

shmmeee

I think it was a pen personally and I think English football as a whole needs to get away from the idea that a challenge can't possibly be a foul if the defender wins the ball. There is nothing at all about winning the ball in the laws of the game. It was reckless from Thomas and he could have done Dewsbury-Hall some fairly serious damage. That being said, the referee still had an appallig game. His defintion of a yellow card varied massively throughout and, first half especially, he seemed to want to give every decision he could to Leicester. Red card was a correct decision, poor challenge.

Disagree. That kind of challenge for the pen is absolutely not what I want to see punished. Winning the ball and colliding is fundamentally different from not touching the ball IMO.

skybluegod

Disagree. That kind of challenge for the pen is absolutely not what I want to see punished. Winning the ball and colliding is fundamentally different from not touching the ball IMO.

When you see the replay you do see the challenge is a bit too high. In real time I didn't think it was but having seen the replay back, it's how high Thomas' foot is that has gone against him.

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't reckless because their player actually went into Thomas.

Unlike their keeper.

shmmeee

When you see the replay you do see the challenge is a bit too high. In real time I didn't think it was but having seen the replay back, it's how high Thomas' foot is that has gone against him.

Don’t get me started on the high feet rule. Game is football. Any rule that technically makes bicycle kicks illegal is a stupid rule.

SkyBlueSoul

With laws as they are currently, it’s a pen. He gets the ball but his follow through would be deemed as reckless, gets him on the knee with his studs.

chiefdave

Enjoyed the Leicester fan getting kicked out of his box when they scored as well. Muppet.
You've got to be a special kind of idiot to pay a fortune for a box, giving the club all your details in the process and then kick off and get yourself thrown out

chiefdave

With laws as they are currently, it’s a pen. He gets the ball but his follow through would be deemed as reckless, gets him on the knee with his studs.

Which then raises the question in that position how is he supposed to clear the ball, or are the rules now that defenders are supposed to let players past them unchallenged?

I don't see a way he plays that ball with zero follow through.

Cally Fedora

Both just about right for me. Thomas yellow only as he did get the ball but the follow through wasn’t needed. Red , just about and that was for them so who cares. Palmer should have been hooked off earlier as he was a red waiting to happen.

Nuskyblue

Which then raises the question in that position how is he supposed to clear the ball, or are the rules now that defenders are supposed to let players past them unchallenged?

OK

This is a different angle, makes the decision look a farce!

SkyBlueSoul

I agree which is why I mentioned the laws as they are. I think it’s a great challenge, he gets across and gets the ball but any contact after and you’re penalised. Nothing Thomas could have done better there.

Sky Blue Pete

Never a pen, he’s clearly won the ball from DHall who isn’t in control at all. It’s a goal kick . The sending off was valid, he dived in and could have broke his leg the dirty bastard.
What’s getting the ball got to do with the pen?

shmmeee

You could easily see a very nasty injury - I think it’s a clear pen and yellow based on the lotg rather than the laws that lads who play a bit think

Im not arguing the rules. Im saying the rules are stupid and made by people watching slow mo replays with no basis in reality. What do you want Thomas to do there? Not make a challenge?

pusbccfc

Marty

At the time, couldn't believe it was a pen and it looked a definite red card for them. On replay, it was a pen and still a definite red for them, thought the ref was awful though, Winks should have been booked about 5 times.

shmmeee

Still don’t get this follow through thing. Have people ever kicked a ball? If you’re trying to snap your foot back after contact you aren’t kicking the ball properly. You should kick through the ball.

Genuinely baffled.

Calista

Thomas clears the ball, and their player arrives a fraction later while Thomas's foot is (quite naturally) still in the air.

Users who are viewing this thread