Rebrand to yellow (1 Viewer)

westendunited

A young kid posts a topic and grown men chastise him over his grammer why ? People of all ages should be able to have the confidence to post on here without the fear of being shot down. Great post sam.

Donnie Brasco

A young kid posts a topic and grown men chastise him over his grammer why ? People of all ages should be able to have the confidence to post on here without the fear of being shot down. Great post sam.

Not him but his education. Me and Sam have been speaking privately. We are all good.

coundonskyblue

coventry blue not sky blue or dark blue where in between

My understanding was that Coventry blue was a light shade?

Highfield Road had it painted on it as far back as 1899:

The correspondent of the Coventry Reporter described the scene:

"As one enters the ground from Highfield Road, the eye encounters the grand new stand on the opposite side of the enclosure. It is a gigantic wooden structure, roofed with corrugated iron, and is coloured chocolate and light blue. Indeed it presents a fine picture and is an ornament of which the committee might well be proud."

deanocity3

my understanding was that coventry blue was a light shade?

Highfield road had it painted on it as far back as 1899:

The correspondent of the coventry reporter described the scene:

"as one enters the ground from highfield road, the eye encounters the grand new stand on the opposite side of the enclosure. It is a gigantic wooden structure, roofed with corrugated iron, and is coloured chocolate and light blue. Indeed it presents a fine picture and is an ornament of which the committee might well be proud."

highfield road.jpg here is a pictire

Changeyourface

It wasn't me who said this it was my dad. I just thought I would post this and see what everyboby else thinks. I think this could be a bad idea. E.g Cardiff city rebrand to red.

Yeah because Cardiff's rebrand was so popular, my mate has been a Cardiff fan for over 30 years and hasn't been to a single home game since they were "re-branded". This isn't America for fuck sake.

RichieGunns

Yeah because Cardiff's rebrand was so popular, my mate has been a Cardiff fan for over 30 years and hasn't been to a single home game since they were "re-branded". This isn't America for fuck sake.

It was only a hyperthetical question LOL No need to get your knickers in a twist lol

I do agree with you though.

I was more just talking about possible kits for next season and using past kits as inspiration.

The yellow away kit has been a real success this year and maybe combining sky blue and yellow for our home would marry the best of both worlds.

Then may have a red and green or black and red top as our away!

psgm1

Banned
It wasn't me who said this it was my dad. I just thought I would post this and see what everyboby else thinks. I think this could be a bad idea. E.g Cardiff city rebrand to red.

Its strange how some on here say sky blue is who we are. Surely the whole thing about Jimmy Hills' promotion chase was that he changed the kit colour!

It certainly doesn't seem to have done Cardiff any harm!

Cov have been going for over 125 years, so to say City should always be sky blue is ridiculous considering they haven't even been sky blue for half the clubs existance!

Paxman II

The 'Sky Blues' is from a past era of the lengendary Jimmy Hill.
What worked as an idea then could work again now.

I know MR has slated a few things regarding the old song etc and would like to freshen things up a bit. he's right.
I said so much about a year ago. And that dreary old song...it's like forcing your kids to relieve your memories.

Times change. We need and have a chance for a new fresher approach from where we are now.
This 'Brazil' style kit has proven popular and we seem to like playing in it. Was that a MR thing?

Personally would love a new kit away from Sky Blue. Heck we won the cup and didn't even play in Sky Blue, our finest hour!

Change it, change the music...lord knows everything else has changed around the place this last decade. ;)

ajsccfc

I don't see any reason to make a drastic change, look at the furore when they tried to introduce that 'modern' badge. We've already moved to a conference facility and hotel with added football stadium attached, let's keep some kind of tradition, even if it's only a 50-year one and counting. If we went with sky blue and yellow we'd look like tubs of St. Ivel Gold.

Changeyourface

Its strange how some on here say sky blue is who we are. Surely the whole thing about Jimmy Hills' promotion chase was that he changed the kit colour!

It certainly doesn't seem to have done Cardiff any harm!

Cov have been going for over 125 years, so to say City should always be sky blue is ridiculous considering they haven't even been sky blue for half the clubs existance!

First Coventry home kit to be Sky Blue was in 1889.

RichieGunns

First Coventry home kit to be Sky Blue was in 1889.

But we weren't called the Sky Blues were we? We were called the Bantoms.

All these people saying we wouldn't be Coventry if we weren't in the Sky Blue are being silly.

We'd be the same club we've always been, just waring a different coloured top and possibly not called Sky Blues anymore.

I did a thread on these last year and I was shouted down. Now it comes back round and someone else is being shouted down.

Life moves on. Robins doesn't like a few things about us now. That's what he's said and I hope he at least tries to freshen us up!

I think a two tone kit would work. We can still be the Sky Blues, just look at the yellow as representing the sun in the sky!

Also what is wrong in using our past as a marker for our future aka the kits the Bantoms wore.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we called the Black Robins at some point in our past history...coincidence? :p

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

I think we should perhaps introduce a two tone strip. White and Blue or something similar.

See I doubt if you or anyone else really would. Look carefully at the 1987 kit...worn in the cup final. The difference between that & my idea is that the white stripes be replaced with yellow, the dark blue shorts replaced with skyblue ones. Did people stop supporting us that year because of the predominant skyblue departure? Or afterwards? because a lot wanted to stay with that strip.
Our identity is set & will now always remain...no matter what

Users who are viewing this thread