Match Thread Preston North End FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Nov (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

If you regard much better as better than shite fair enough. Can you imagine what would have happened if we had been playing Leicester or Leeds? We were better but still not very good
You're deluding yourself in my opinion
And people single me out for pessimism

fernandopartridge

Second half was far better, a Preston fan we spoke to on the way back felt we were much much better after half time which we were.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Simms looked good when he came on, and think we suffered first half due to Allen and Ayari being too lightweight in the middle. Lati was getting overrun on his side for the first half, and it was an easy out ball to their left. Second half we improved massively with the tweak in formation and personnel,and hopefully we will have learned something from that.

Evo1883

I have eyeballs too probably functioning better than yours
Brady Bunch K GIF

Brighton Sky Blue

Simms looked good when he came on, and think we suffered first half due to Allen and Ayari being too lightweight in the middle. Lati was getting overrun on his side for the first half, and it was an easy out ball to their left. Second half we improved massively with the tweak in formation and personnel,and hopefully we will have learned something from that.
Thought MVE looked really poor in his cameo mind

higgs

Been poorly treated in my opinion. Solid pro who knows his role - defend first, get up and support second. Said if for a while but JDS is no upgrade despite some people thinking he’s class.
100% Bidwell didn't deserve to lose his place jds tidy on the ball but not a good defender

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

higgs

Looking at the third preston goal Barnsley have had our pants down 4.5 m for kitching marking fresh air

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Finally home. Can only imagine the nervousness Robins was on about is mainly from Haji Wright. I don’t recall seeing a striker being so big yet timid. He’s missing so much from his game besides that. Appreciate he was in the right place twice to score, but his anticipation and awareness is poor. His strength non existent.

A caller said he may even need an opponent to force some aggression out of him. I sort of agree with that idea.

Simms did alright when he came on, Eccles too. Allen well off his game. Personally don’t see how MVE is any better than BNC, would also like to see Bidwell ahead of JDS. Fadz on his way out of regular starts too.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Finally home. Can only imagine the nervousness Robins was on about is mainly from Haji Wright. I don’t recall seeing you a striker being so big yet timid. He’s missing so much from his game besides that. Appreciate he was in the right place twice to score, but his anticipation and awareness is poor. His strength non existent.

A caller said he may even need an opponent to force some aggression out of him. I sort of agree with that idea.

Simms did alright when he came on, Eccles too. Allen well off his game. Personally don’t see how MVE is any better than BNC, would also like to see Bidwell ahead of JDS. Fadz on his way out of regular starts too.
Wilson looked the most nervous of them all.

shepardo01

Tugs his shirt in the box putting him off balance for the shot so it probably was a pen. Even if it wasn’t, it’s a stupid think to do because any ref is going to see that and give the pen.
He doesn't actually tug his shirt ..he falls over behind their forward and brushes his shirt (not even his body, just his shirt) the guy carries on, shanks his shot, falls over (due to opening his body out to shoot far corner at such pace) doesn't appeal, then Taylor gives the pen when the ball is in the stand!

Otis

He doesn't actually tug his shirt ..he falls over behind their forward and brushes his shirt (not even his body, just his shirt) the guy carries on, shanks his shot, falls over (due to opening his body out to shoot far corner at such pace) doesn't appeal, then Taylor gives the pen when the ball is in the stand!
The problem I can see with it is that rather than just going to ground, he puts his arms out, all but trying to bring the player to the ground.

Definite pen.

Chris1987

So my 10 pence worth on today. Firstly City fans were great all afternoon and got behind the team.
The first half was utterly dire . Preston were terrible , Cov even worse.
I was very surprised when Robins totally changed formation and suddenly there was a lot more intensity and promise ( there had to be at 3-1 down ). Bidwell was many leagues above JDS and Simms started looking a player. COH obviously still lacks fitness and MVE looked totally lost when he came on. Wilson was nervous as hell and sorry to say it but Fadz looks pretty much done Very surprised Tats didn't get any game time.
Fixtures get harder soon , things only looked better today when we were chasing the game.

David O'Day

The problem I can see with it is that rather than just going to ground, he puts his arms out, all but trying to bring the player to the ground.

Definite pen.
The issue is he let him play on and shoot which is against the laws

We were shit anyway that half

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread