Match Thread Preston North End FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Preston North End FC - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

AOM

If we're ever to break the bogey team cycle, now would be a good time to do it.
2-1 Coventry

stupot07

We’ve won two games since they last won one!

Will take the most boring 0-0 to stop the rot
Yeah me too. Let's shut up shop, keep a cleansheet and stop the rot.

We are the team people like playing when they are on a poor run.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

alexccfc99

Proverbial rocket has been placed up the arse, we get this stupid fucking Deepdale ‘curse’ that doesn’t really matter in reality off our backs and snatch a 1-0 win!

clint van damme

We'll win but half of us will miss it due to Avanti being the Ben Wilson of train franchises.

CV22SBA

I've not missed a game since the Covid break but after the last 3 games i really can't motivate myself to go at the moment. I'm sure i'll be up for it come Saturday though. If Preston score first i fear the worst though with confidence. We need to get that first goal to get anything out of the game.

slowpoke

Our record at PNE and our current form looks to nothing other than an expected defeat, time to upset the odds get a result

pusbccfc

Didn't realise how shite they've been since their early brilliant form.

Offhegoes

Lati for Thomas, but otherwise I'd keep the same team as last night. Chance for them to redeem themselves.

Macca1987

That team may fare better in an away game, as long as we can go back to soaking up the home team pressure and counter attacking, fingers crossed

oscillatewildly

We've never beaten them up there in a league encounter - just a handful of various cup comp victories.
Surely their players know (and have known) this statistic? Shouldn't that be the sort of thing that leads to complacency?
You know - why big clubs regularly are beaten by smaller clubs in cup competitions.
What is wrong with them? Bunch of freaks.
1-0 City.

Sky Blue Pete

That team may fare better in an away game, as long as we can go back to soaking up the home team pressure and counter attacking, fingers crossed
We don’t half stand off when defending
Again last night poor saka and Allen were covering 3 or 4 people with sheaf and eccles marking space. It’s very strange when you look at how West Brom effectively defended against us. I get we don’t move forward quickly enough and pass and pass and pass looking for an opportunity
I just think we need confidence and certainly need to shoot more

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We don’t half stand off when defending
Again last night poor saka and Allen were covering 3 or 4 people with sheaf and eccles marking space. It’s very strange when you look at how West Brom effectively defended against us. I get we don’t move forward quickly enough and pass and pass and pass looking for an opportunity
I just think we need confidence and certainly need to shoot more
Hadji Wright doesn't half stand offside when we're defending.

BlueSkiesForever

Some will disagree but I’d go with the same formation as the West Brom game but with Simms up top, maybe Collins in goal, Lati in DM, Binks in with Kitching taking Fadz’ spot and Bidwell in for Dasilva.

FB667579-1E7A-4686-8B9C-CD9E210030CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

4-0 Preston

Users who are viewing this thread