Match Thread Preston North End FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Nov (5 Viewers)

Macca1987

3 away games in two weeks and 3 losses in the last 3 games will be a big factor in us not selling out, win 2 of the last 3 and in the top 10 and there might have been a good chance

Hertsccfc

Yeah Eccles definitely needs to have a rest now, bring Lati into defensive midfield alongside Sheaf and allow Sheaf to get forward more.

Key thing is we need to move the ball quicker, it’s sooooo slow, gives the opposition way too much time to get a decent shape and defend any attack we throw at them. I’ve said it every week but we need to stop moving the ball in a horseshoe shape around the back and instead start looking for through balls and 1-2‘s. We need to increase the tempo and the trickiness of our play.
First you wanted to drop Godden when he was the league's top goalscorer for two strikers who were not scoring.

Now you want to drop Eccles but keep Sheaf in who was dreadful on Monday. OK.

Grendel

A couple of people said the players are letting MR and co. down. Solid evidence for that position here! Take some chances, sorted. Don't... problems.

Well perhaps but if you sign a £7.7 million version of Roy O Donovan who gets the blame?

aloisiwouldhavescored

Any news on when Liam Kelly will get back? Could do with another of our senior pros back on the pitch.

Tile Hill Phil

Need some help people. My mate has lost our tickets for the Preston game. Can we pick up replacements at the Preston ticket office on Saturday. Any advice much appreciated 🤞

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Need some help people. My mate has lost our tickets for the Preston game. Can we pick up replacements at the Preston ticket office on Saturday. Any advice much appreciated 🤞
Email the club telling them that your tickets got lost in the post and they’ll send replacements to the pne ticket office for you i’m sure

StrettoBoy

It will be interesting to see if we can get the best out of Haji Wright when Callum O'Hare is back and hopefully providing him with some better service.

fatso

Keep the box, we definitely looked better with it, and just try and get the ball forward quicker. O'Hare is key to that but I'm assuming he'll come off the bench again after playing today. Not sure what the answer is at the back but I'm not convinced by Thomas. Despite the misses, I saw enough from Wright to give him another go up front.

Wilson
Lats Fadz Kitching
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Saka Allen
Wright

Collins, Thomas, Binks, Bidwell, Ayari, O'Hare, Simms, Godden, Obikwu
What part of Wright's performance makes you think he's worth another go?
Was it his shite contribution, his lack of fight, his inability to control a football or his woeful finishing?

Boicey

Will probably start Wright, Sakamoto and Allen again as the attacking line up. The problem being there's not many goals there (Allen hasn't scored for over a year and Sakamoto for 2 1/2 years).
Guess COH will get the second half...
Here's hoping.

shmmeee

I think you make a fair point. What if Allen dropped back alongside Sheaf once O'hare is fit enough to start though? You could play box of Sheaf and Allen, behind Sakamoto and O'hare. Plenty of creativity in there, Allen can link up the play, and Sheaf can concentrate on defensive duties. Only issue really is having to rely on the lone forward for goals.

Sheaf and Allen at CM gets eaten alive.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sheaf and Allen at CM gets eaten alive.
Yet ironically, most of us on here were desperate for them to come back from injury. Although we are on a downer at the moment, it is a good time to play Preston. First goal likely to be key again. I will head north with my usual blind optimism!

shmmeee

Yet ironically, most of us on here were desperate for them to come back from injury. Although we are on a downer at the moment, it is a good time to play Preston. First goal likely to be key again. I will head north with my usual blind optimism!

Allen should play AM. But I wouldn’t play him DM for the same reason I would t put O’Hare there.

Sky Blue Harry H

Callum “final ball of a blind man” O’Hare?
Was thinking of this - I think C O'H's main attribute is causing chaos amongst opposition defences though his pressing and running at people, with the rest of the team benefitting from the chaos created. First touch and passing (even when he's fit) - are not his main attributes, and until he gets fully match fit, he is likely to frustrate fans with his lack of ball retention. That said we need him to break the lines of opposition defences, rather the current passive ball retention, without someone able to pick the killer pass. Need a bit of the rub of the green/in off the backside moments. P.S. I can't stand Ched Evans, and hope he starts on the bench.

Julie SBA

Not at all confident again for this one. I'd like to see Bidwell back in to add some stability in the defence. Hopefully Josh will be taken of set pieces - tell him to stop shooting from silly places too, never looks like he's going to score a worldie but he certainly believes he can. Persevere with Wright up top, he'll come good.

Regarding Eccles and set pieces. This is a very common talking point on here, on CWR commentary etc. Surely Robins and Eccles are both aware of this noise. This cant help Josh and surely Robins should also look to protect a young player too?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd go

Wilson
Lati Kitching Binks
MvE Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Sakamoto Allen
Simms

Collins, Fadz, Thomas, Dasilva, O'Hare, Wright, Godden

Not that it matters who plays, we'll lose 4-0. Probably get a red card too. I'll go Kitching.

ProfessorbyGrace

1-0 to us. Deflected in from an Eccles floaty corner, (via hitting Tatsu in the face) by the gangly, mistimed flail of Haji Wright.

In the 94th minute.

Vik will see the highlights in Lisbon, and sagely tap his watch, in respect.

You heard it here first. ⚽️

SkyBlueSoul

What part of Wright's performance makes you think he's worth another go?
Was it his shite contribution, his lack of fight, his inability to control a football or his woeful finishing?
Granted it's somewhat relative. I don't remember his control being that bad, especially after watching every ball bounce 10 yards off Simms v Rotherham. He should obviously have finished that 1v1 but overall he made decent runs and got into good positions, and it's not like either of the other 2 are banging the door down to start as a lone striker.

Not a hill I'm going to die on but I'm happy for him to start Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread