Pkh (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Now that is most uncalled for Procdoc. There may be children reading the forum. Wash your mouth out.

I have the soap and water ready, just needed to get it out of my system so please accept my deepest apologies

letsallsingtogether

Correct as they turned off the tv when the meeting started and there were at least 30 people standing as there were no more seats left!!!
So cashless were were you sitting if it was so empty.................................Oh and who won the Tennis?:facepalm:
Then you my friend are a liar end of

Brighton Sky Blue

Ditto,
I taught Financial and Management Accounting at university to bachelor and masters degree students. Some think it is a very dry subject, but I made it interesting and got voted favourite Professor three years running. I enjoyed teaching adults, especially the Masters students. They wanted to be there and learn!

Accounting has to be the most uninteresting topic to study ever thought up. This whole CCFC saga clinches it!

Sky Blue Harry H

Ditto,
I taught Financial and Management Accounting at university to bachelor and masters degree students. Some think it is a very dry subject, but I made it interesting and got voted favourite Professor three years running. I enjoyed teaching adults, especially the Masters students. They wanted to be there and learn!

You must be doing something right if you can afford to live in Swwitzerland - if you've got any contacts, try and get some of City's cash back from one of SISU's 'blach hole' accounts. By the way, no mention of how you got on in the 'most modest professor of the year awards' - sorry that was accrual (get it!!)):eek:

letsallsingtogether

Yes that was mentioned last night they only helped out Coventry City because it was a community cause which is what there charity stands for. Unfortunately they will probably have to change the way they do things as Sisu is determined to Break the Charity. They only expected to own it for about 2 years..
Also mentioned that to sell their half they have to have the company appraised and as it costs £40,000 and as they were burnt before by another buyer they negotiated with Sisu to pay this it would then be taken off the sale price Sisu have refused to pay this now, and off to court they go again.

How can you trust a anyone who even rips off a local charity......................

Last time I heard the charity was indeed very keen to sell so it can use the money for its charitable purposes and discussions along those lines were being held last summer but never continued.

Grendel

I have failed to understand 17pages of utter tripe about the Ricoh !!
Get over it guys CCFC don't play there any more !!!!
The Ricoh is dead to CCFC !!!
Sisu's endorsed tactics by some on here have got us to this point !!!

And you seem quite happy with these actions, even a little smug.
I sincerely hope that within a relatively short period of time that you find yourself in a similar situation and we will see how smug you are then.

SkyBlueSwiss

And you seem quite happy with these actions, even a little smug.
I sincerely hope that within a relatively short period of time that you find yourself in a similar situation and we will see how smug you are then.

LOL
Didn't have to wait very long to quote that post of mine (to Gee if I remember correctly).
Wonder how many you can use more or less appropriately in the next few days. Should be interesting. Shall I turn a new leaf and start using your posts?

letsallsingtogether

Not sure but the charity spent the £40,000 and the buyers backed out looks like SISU did the same Higgs only asking what they paid for it yet people on here think that is out of order and should give it to the club for free :mad:.

But history tells us the owners do not know how to run a Football Club let alone a whole Arena would probably sell all the metal to the scrappy across the road just to make a Buck :(
Out of interest, would only leave Robinson/McGinnity wouldn't it?

lordsummerisle

Not sure but the charity spent the £40,000 and the buyers backed out looks like SISU did the same Higgs only asking what they paid for it yet people on here think that is out of order and should give it to the club for free :mad:.

But history tells us the owners do not know how to run a Football Club let alone a whole Arena would probably sell all the metal to the scrappy across the road just to make a Buck :(

Could sell it to make a Buick?

this should not even be contemplated - its wrong, all we are doing is what SISU are trying to do to us, but rather than it be a 3 year plan your suggesting it be permanent - I am astounded this has even been brought up - are we really that desperate to hijack another club? what would you call it? the Nuneaton fans would be as happy with this as we are...

The point I make for example is
If the majority of Nuneaton fans would like to do it. Then if I were Mr Haskell I would consider it.
If I were ACL I would also consider it if Coventry City were removed from the Ricoh. As it will give them another option.
It is not the same as it what is happening to CCFC as the Nuneaton are potentially are facing going under. They would have a new multi millionaire owner. Who wants to get them back to back promotions. They would move to a state of the art stadium 5 miles away.

At a club that a lot of them already regularly visit.

Again it should only happen if most of the fans wanted it.

You have no idea like I don't, to how they would react.

lordsummerisle

this should not even be contemplated - its wrong, all we are doing is what SISU are trying to do to us, but rather than it be a 3 year plan your suggesting it be permanent - I am astounded this has even been brought up - are we really that desperate to hijack another club? what would you call it? the Nuneaton fans would be as happy with this as we are...

Don't twist his words...

torchomatic

This is my favourite line: Again it should only happen if most of the fans wanted it. You have no idea like I don't, to how they would react.

Oh, I think we do know how they'd react.

Don't twist his words...

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

All this talk about another club at the Ricoh> As I said to PKH on Monday say its Northampton Rugby al that would happen is the destruction of Cov Rugby Club and I would fight any such proposals as I would bringing in any other towns teams to do otherwise would be the height of hypocracy.

Brighton Sky Blue

All this talk about another club at the Ricoh> As I said to PKH on Monday say its Northampton Rugby al that would happen is the destruction of Cov Rugby Club and I would fight any such proposals as I would bringing in any other towns teams to do otherwise would be the height of hypocracy.

Cov Rugby is already a tinpot club in comparison to Northampton so I don't see how it could have such an effect.

torchomatic

No, probably wouldn't have much affect on Cov Rugby Club, but it certainly would on Northampton Rugby Club and it's fans. Would they want to travel over to Cov to see their team at "home"?

As rightly pointed out by many, the hypocrisy is astounding.

Cov Rugby is already a tinpot club in comparison to Northampton so I don't see how it could have such an effect.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, probably wouldn't have much affect on Cov Rugby Club, but it certainly would on Northampton Rugby Club and it's fans. Would they want to travel over to Cov to see their team at "home"?

As rightly pointed out by many, the hypocrisy is astounding.

Well, yes. The franchise system should stay the other side of the Atlantic.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

A bit like what fans of other clubs think of our football club. Cov Rugby and CCFC share the same sort of history both in with yhe top teams in the country in their respective sports. Especially Cov Rugby top side in England both saddled with inept and crap owners cant say what I really want to. But I dont want to just because we are fecked to
1. Help finish off another sporting club in our city
2. Take another sporting club from another town or city bring it here and put on their fans the hurt that is happening to me and a lot of others at the moment.

I would hope that we are better than the likes of our current owners.

fernandopartridge

Not really, Cov Rugby Club is more than tinpot imo. It was successful back in the 60s and 70s. It's funny really as CCFC is following a similar trajectory.

I wonder if CCFC would be considered tinpot in the comparison to Northampton Town in a few years time?

Brighton Sky Blue

A bit like what fans of other clubs think of our football club. Cov Rugby and CCFC share the same sort of history both in with yhe top teams in the country in their respective sports. Especially Cov Rugby top side in England both saddled with inept and crap owners cant say what I really want to. But I dont want to just because we are fecked to
1. Help finish off another sporting club in our city
2. Take another sporting club from another town or city bring it here and put on their fans the hurt that is happening to me and a lot of others at the moment.

I would hope that we are better than the likes of our current owners.

Note I'm not actually advocating that we go ahead and poach someone else's team and plonk it in Coventry. Just saying that it wouldn't have much adverse effect on our own rugby club because of the wide gulf in stature. CCFC has never been one of the best clubs in the land and if the current trend is continued it never will.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not really, Cov Rugby Club is more than tinpot imo. It was successful back in the 60s and 70s. It's funny really as CCFC is following a similar trajectory.

I wonder if CCFC would be considered tinpot in the comparison to Northampton Town in a few years time?

It has a proud history, no denying that (as does Coventry in general when it comes to producing talented rugby players), but it is less than a shadow of what it once was right now. In relative terms the football club isn't quite at that stage but given that we barely have anything expected of a professional team right now then we may as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Coventry want a top rugby club they can build one up from the club that's there.

Given it's been far more successful in the past than the football club's ever been, would be a travesty to kill it off in the name of a franchise.

As stated already I'm not seriously advocating moving Northampton to the Ricoh.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Note I'm not actually advocating that we go ahead and poach someone else's team and plonk it in Coventry. Just saying that it wouldn't have much adverse effect on our own rugby club because of the wide gulf in stature. CCFC has never been one of the best clubs in the land and if the current trend is continued it never will.
Whether you accept it or not CCFC were in the top flight for 34 years till 2001 therefore they were one of the best clubs in the land by definition gorget where we finished in those 34 years we were there. I want to see ALL sporting clubs in Coventry successfull CCFC,Cov,Bees etc. We already have one franchise Club in Coventry thats one too many we should support our ownn clubs.

Brighton Sky Blue

Whether you accept it or not CCFC were in the top flight for 34 years till 2001 therefore they were one of the best clubs in the land by definition gorget where we finished in those 34 years we were there. I want to see ALL sporting clubs in Coventry successfull CCFC,Cov,Bees etc. We already have one franchise Club in Coventry thats one too many we should support our ownn clubs.

No but we have always been a club punching above its weight rather than a genuinely big side. There's no way in hell that justifies our current league status mind but we were never Goliaths of English football. More importantly you seem to keep forgetting I'm not seriously advocating we move anyone else's team to Coventry!

BrisbaneBronco

I remember when CCFC was indeed tin pot compared to NTFC.
When we made it to the top division, they were the team that got relegated, and continued to drop down the leagues. I look at them now and think they are on the up.

James Smith

Well given that Cov Rugby club aren't likely candidates can we take from this that ACL are in favour of moving sporting clubs away from their home area? Seems a bit at odds with the uproar around moving CCFC out of the city.

not sure what point he's trying to make here, at best there will be a handful of these shows a year, hardly going to impact on unemployment in the city is it?

I've never understood, why when this is presented as a license to print money, ACL or some other company don't build a hotel either on the Ricoh site or nearby. Think they'll also need an airport and a train station to properly compete with the NEC.

What does this mean? Surely it doesn't follow that if Ltd gets liquidated the Ricoh is sold off to the highest bidder, why would ownership of the Ricoh be impacted at all? As they were keen to keep telling us they don't need CCFC.

Whilst I think the vast majority of the blame lies with SISU I have long felt ACL / CCC are also to blame and turning up (I presume unannounced as I'm a trust member and had no idea he was attending) to preach to the converted, as lets face it the Trust has become a SISU out organisation, seems like an opportunistic attempt at points scoring given the silence of recent weeks.
What I thought and I may well be wrong on this is that our club doesn't get much in the way of revenue outside of the season* by virtue of the fact that we aren't playing matches. Therefore the reason for building up the Ricoh as a business is so that when the club finally passes into the ownership of someone else (who hasn't pissed off the council to such a monumental degree) that they have a stable base upon which to build. Should ownership of the Ricoh and the club be dependent on the ability to build a 200 bed hotel? Probably not, but we could definietly do with a more stable year round income to support the club and I think any efforts to produce this should be applauded.

*Assuming new owners and the end of the NOPM campaign

fernandopartridge

What I thought and I may well be wrong on this is that our club doesn't get much in the way of revenue outside of the season* by virtue of the fact that we aren't playing matches. Therefore the reason for building up the Ricoh as a business is so that when the club finally passes into the ownership of someone else (who hasn't pissed off the council to such a monumental degree) that they have a stable base upon which to build. Should ownership of the Ricoh and the club be dependent on the ability to build a 200 bed hotel? Probably not, but we could definietly do with a more stable year round income to support the club and I think any efforts to produce this should be applauded.

*Assuming new owners and the end of the NOPM campaign

I thought that ACL didn't need the club and the club were basically standing in the way of the Ricoh being an entertainment and exhibition complex 365 days a year. Or has that changed now?

torchomatic

Jackie Whatsherface has been on Midlands Today several times stating "We'd like Sky Blues (without a "the") to be at the Ricoh, but we don't need them financially as we're really busy".

I thought that ACL didn't need the club and the club were basically standing in the way of the Ricoh being an entertainment and exhibition complex 365 days a year. Or has that changed now?

Users who are viewing this thread