Pkh (2 Viewers)

lordsummerisle

Jackie Whatsherface has been on Midlands Today several times stating "We'd like Sky Blues (without a "the") to be at the Ricoh, but we don't need them financially as we're really busy".

Should imagine they'll be knocking up that 200 room hotel as we speak then.

James Smith

I thought that ACL didn't need the club and the club were basically standing in the way of the Ricoh being an entertainment and exhibition complex 365 days a year. Or has that changed now?

Where have I said that? ACL may well be able to survive without the club but as the Ricoh was built for the club why would we not play there under new owners? The presence of the club at the Ricoh doesn't seem to me and I may be wrong on this to prevent the Ricoh from being used most days of the week for things other than football matches. It would just be nice to have the stadium making cash to support the club outside the season is all I'm saying.

Grendel

Where have I said that? ACL may well be able to survive without the club but as the Ricoh was built for the club why would we not play there under new owners? The presence of the club at the Ricoh doesn't seem to me and I may be wrong on this to prevent the Ricoh from being used most days of the week for things other than football matches. It would just be nice to have the stadium making cash to support the club outside the season is all I'm saying.

I am surprised that the NEC have not paid for us to be at the Ricoh. Having the club their will preven ACL from expanding their interests' and bringing down the NEC.

It only needs a roof.....

James Smith

Should imagine they'll be knocking up that 200 room hotel as we speak then.
Thanks to SISU they might find getting a loan a bit more difficult than before the rent boycott. I haven't seen anything about the credit rating of ACL though so it may still be okay.

torchomatic

Well, let's hope so. Nothing means more to me.

I haven't seen anything about the credit rating of ACL though so it may still be okay.

lordsummerisle

Thanks to SISU they might find getting a loan a bit more difficult than before the rent boycott. I haven't seen anything about the credit rating of ACL though so it may still be okay.

Just tap up the council, they've got loads!

They shouldn't need to build a hotel themselves, just sell or lease the land to a company that does want to build a hotel.

James Smith

I am surprised that the NEC have not paid for us to be at the Ricoh. Having the club their will preven ACL from expanding their interests' and bringing down the NEC.

It only needs a roof.....

Wasn't aware that the NEC were that interested, do you know something we don't?

lordsummerisle

I should imagine that once Lt d is liquidated and the clubs option to build goes with it then that is what will happen:facepalm:

Absolutely no reason why building couldn't be done at any time now, in the past or in the future without the football club getting involved.

God knows why you think that Ltd being liquidated will lead to a sudden upsurge in hotels on the Ricoh land.

James Smith

Well, let's hope so. Nothing means more to me.

Shame that the soon to be owners of our club Otium don't seem to have a very good rating
This is the risk assessment of Otium from the accounting software I use:

Credit Rating is Suspended

Accounts filing is late.

This company has had a dissolved warning issued by Companies House which has now been discontinued

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/32055-preferred-bidder-is-sisu?p=462587&viewfull=1#post462587

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Absolutely no reason why building couldn't be done at any time now, in the past or in the future without the football club getting involved.

God knows why you think that Ltd being liquidated will lead to a sudden upsurge in hotels on the Ricoh land.

Because that was the original intention the club had the right to build gain revenue etc from these builds that goes when the lease goes according to PWK then again he could be Liar but we will see.

lordsummerisle

Because that was the original intention the club had the right to build gain revenue etc from these builds that goes when the lease goes according to PWK then again he could be Liar but we will see.

They have the right to if they have the Higgs half of ACL(obviously Higgs and CCC have had the right to for the entire time, but haven't).

Shame that we don't have the right to build on the ground around the Ricoh now though, could build the new stadium right outside the Arena then!

Brighton Sky Blue

They have the right to if they have the Higgs half of ACL(obviously Higgs and CCC have had the right to for the entire time, but haven't).

Shame that we don't have the right to build on the ground around the Ricoh now though, could build the new stadium right outside the Arena then!

Would it not be feasible to add some stands to the rugby ground?

Brighton Sky Blue

Know people have talked about it a lot in the past, but didn't think it was feasible?

Never actually been myself as egg chasing bores me rigid. so have no idea what it's like as a stadium.

It has just the one stand although I'd imagine it would cost a fair bit less than an entirely new ground plus land.

torchomatic

Same here. Hate rugby, so never been to the Butts.

Know people have talked about it a lot in the past, but didn't think it was feasible?

Never actually been myself as egg chasing bores me rigid. so have no idea what it's like as a stadium.

Nonleagueherewecome

this should not even be contemplated - its wrong, all we are doing is what SISU are trying to do to us, but rather than it be a 3 year plan your suggesting it be permanent - I am astounded this has even been brought up - are we really that desperate to hijack another club? what would you call it? the Nuneaton fans would be as happy with this as we are...

It's such a disgusting idea that it even led to me joining Torch, Gruff, Lord and Northern in "liking" your post. And we rarely agree. Worst idea ever and makes us as bad as SISU or MK Dons.

Astute

I think it may have been considered prior to the Gasworks being chosen. It's a no go for a variety of reasons. If you think the parking around the Ricoh is restrictive......

I used to live up the road from it. Lots of off street parking and only a short walk from the City centre which has lots of parking places.

Nonleagueherewecome

Car park C, jumpers for goal-posts? I aint going in goal, mind...

Astute

Would it be feasible to erect temporary stands there?

We are a Div 3 side now. We don't need seats in all stands. I think it could be done. I don't think the council would allow it though.

When the Ricoh was built we needed more room than the Butts. You need less room to have fans stand than to put in seats. If we were to play there we would get bigger crowds than at the Ricoh. It would be like going back many years at HR. The atmosphere would be massive. We could have a place for other teams to fear.

bigfatronssba

We are a Div 3 side now. We don't need seats in all stands. I think it could be done. I don't think the council would allow it though.

When the Ricoh was built we needed more room than the Butts. You need less room to have fans stand than to put in seats. If we were to play there we would get bigger crowds than at the Ricoh. It would be like going back many years at HR. The atmosphere would be massive. We could have a place for other teams to fear.

Yep, I bet Wolves and Sheff Utd wouldn't be able to cope with the cauldron of noise that is 6k fans at the butts.

Astute

Yep, I bet Wolves and Sheff Utd wouldn't be able to cope with the cauldron of noise that is 6k fans at the butts.

Why only 6k in a ground in Cov which is easy to get to? 10k fans right on top of the pitch would be much louder than 12k spread out in the Ricoh. Have you ever done an away game where the fans are close to the pitch and all standing up?

lordsummerisle

Why only 6k in a ground in Cov which is easy to get to? 10k fans right on top of the pitch would be much louder than 12k spread out in the Ricoh. Have you ever done an away game where the fans are close to the pitch and all standing up?

Well the fact it only has a 4000 capacity now might stop 10000 getting in.

Users who are viewing this thread