Pkh (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Peter is here here at the Trust AGM. Check my twitter feed for what's been said

CJ_covblaze

I'll try to post as quick as I can..

PKH: We are aware of several other sports clubs that have shown an interest in playing at the Ricoh

CJ_covblaze

PKH: For the Bruce gig ACL employed a thousand people on the night alone. This doesn't include anyone setting up the arena for the gig

PKH: As a charity we have to get independent valuations on anything we sell. This costs around 40k for the Ricoh

PKH: For the Bruce gig ACL employed a thousand people on the night alone. This doesn't include anyone setting up the arena for the gig

PKH: A city without a football club is a sad thing

PKH: ACL are talking to administrator several times a day

PKH: We need 200 hotel rooms at least to compete with the NEC ect. We have 120. This is why it's vital another hotel is built

@Graeme_Hawley: Does it become open tender for someone to buy the Ricoh when Ltd gets liquidated?

PKH: Yes

lordsummerisle

PKH: As a charity we have to get independent valuations on anything we sell. This costs around 40k for the Ricoh

PKH: A city without a football club is a sad thing

PKH: ACL are talking to administrator several times a day

PKH: We need 200 hotel rooms at least to compete with the NEC ect. We have 120. This is why it's vital another hotel is built

@Graeme_Hawley: Does it become open tender for someone to buy the Ricoh when Ltd gets liquidated?

Could you ask him why nothing has been done with building another hotel or anything else on the land during the time that ACL has been run?

Does any owner of the club and/or ACL have to develop the land around?

If so, why?

CJ_covblaze

It's in the original agreement that the whoever purchases the share has to do it if I remember rightly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just got back from the AGM and had about 10-15 minutes talking to PWKH before he went up to speak. Said interesting things regarding the CCFC ownership structure which go beyond the companies we already know about.

Nonleagueherewecome

Just got back from the AGM and had about 10-15 minutes talking to PWKH before he went up to speak. Said interesting things regarding the CCFC ownership structure which go beyond the companies we already know about.

So the tangled parallelogram was really a mere front for the multi-tentacled rhombus beneath? Eep.

CJ_covblaze

By share I mean who ever buys the Ricoh share in the future

Brighton Sky Blue

So the tangled parallelogram was really a mere front for the multi-tentacled rhombus beneath? Eep.

The ownership beyond Sconset proceeds to another 3 companies overseas before returning to another company in the UK. Also hinted at a need to directly challenge SISU's auditors about their work-he has also been reading the forum despite not posting.

lordsummerisle

By share I mean who ever buys the Ricoh share in the future

Again i can see no reason why it hasn't been done in the past if so important.

It seems a clause designed to attract people(such as Sisu in the past, and PH4 now) who would have no interest really in the football club as it's own entity.

If somebody rocked up with a few bob who was only interested in the football club, would they then be refused?

James Smith

Again i can see no reason why it hasn't been done in the past if so important.

It seems a clause designed to attract people(such as Sisu in the past, and PH4 now) who would have no interest really in the football club as it's own entity.

If somebody rocked up with a few bob who was only interested in the football club, would they then be refused?
Don't think ACL have had the funds to do it and from memory the idea is to give the club revenue year round not just during the season.

James Smith

That would be the case now though without any property development surely if the club had it's half of ACL?

Don't think ACL makes enough to support the club year round yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

People also have to remember that the clause CCFC Ltd has with the trust is to get a quote using an agreed formula. It is not a right to the share itself.

Brighton Sky Blue

That price should reduce every year with the length of the lease shouldn't it?

I think it matters more on the valuation of ACL. The thing is that obviously both ACL and the club can't use the revenues for themselves at the same time. You either separate the football side of the business from ACL entirely or ACL has to hand it all over.

cashless

Funny isnt it all the "true City till I die/not a penny more" types that are so voiciferous on this board couldnt be arsed to go along and support the trust tonight. Believe me they REALLY need you and less than 30 people turned up to the AGM.

If I was the Trust I would come on here and tell you lazy, apathetic bastards to take a running jump. REAL organisation and agitation takes action, active membership and debate. Something that far to many people on here are more willing to do from a keyboard. Shame on you.

chiefdave

PKH: We are aware of several other sports clubs that have shown an interest in playing at the Ricoh

Well given that Cov Rugby club aren't likely candidates can we take from this that ACL are in favour of moving sporting clubs away from their home area? Seems a bit at odds with the uproar around moving CCFC out of the city.

not sure what point he's trying to make here, at best there will be a handful of these shows a year, hardly going to impact on unemployment in the city is it?

I've never understood, why when this is presented as a license to print money, ACL or some other company don't build a hotel either on the Ricoh site or nearby. Think they'll also need an airport and a train station to properly compete with the NEC.

What does this mean? Surely it doesn't follow that if Ltd gets liquidated the Ricoh is sold off to the highest bidder, why would ownership of the Ricoh be impacted at all? As they were keen to keep telling us they don't need CCFC.

Whilst I think the vast majority of the blame lies with SISU I have long felt ACL / CCC are also to blame and turning up (I presume unannounced as I'm a trust member and had no idea he was attending) to preach to the converted, as lets face it the Trust has become a SISU out organisation, seems like an opportunistic attempt at points scoring given the silence of recent weeks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Funny isnt it all the "true City till I die/not a penny more" types that are so voiciferous on this board couldnt be arsed to go along and support the trust tonight. Believe me they REALLY need you and less than 30 people turned up to the AGM.

If I was the Trust I would come on here and tell you lazy, apathetic bastards to take a running jump. REAL organisation and agitation takes action, active membership and debate. Something that far to many people on here are more willing to do from a keyboard. Shame on you.

I will be able to go to 2 more meetings before I have to go back to Scotland and will do my best to make them. Very good to be able to put names to faces (PWKH, CJ, Jan etc) and was also good to chat to PWKH by himself. The speaker they had on was good although it was a bit hard to hear!

Covcraig@bury

Cashless,

Only 150 Trust members turned up at the Ricoh on Saturday . And I bet most of them wasn't members so best have a pop at the other 2050 members that didn't turn up.

I think a lot of people signed up and paid their £1 to the Trust like most people put their small change in the charity box in the pub.
A pointless organisation that is not and never will be the voice of Ccfc fans. My opinion .

stupot07

This should not be the responsibility of the football club and should not be the driver that determines who owns us.

Grendel

This should not be the responsibility of the football club and should not be the driver that determines who owns us.

Dead right and any other supporters forum would have kicked him out the room for even mentioning that. No doubt our supporters were nodding and clapping their hands. Another reason we are the laughing stock of the football world.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread