NEWS: Coventry City and EFL reach 'Agreed Decision' regarding postponements sanction (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

So let’s say it’s the last game of the season - we are in a rented stadium with no control over when FG decide to put a concert / gaming event / monster truck show on.

Let’s say that at that point we are 6 points outside of playoffs and 10 clear of relegation. It’s dead rubber time.

Do we postpone the match to get the 5 points deducted rather than have them hanging over us the next season?

Just kicking around thoughts.
What?

Brighton Sky Blue

So let’s say it’s the last game of the season - we are in a rented stadium with no control over when FG decide to put a concert / gaming event / monster truck show on.

Let’s say that at that point we are 6 points outside of playoffs and 10 clear of relegation. It’s dead rubber time.

Do we postpone the match to get the 5 points deducted rather than have them hanging over us the next season?

How about we just don’t postpone fixtures at all?

Happy_Martian

Said earlier that the Sunderland forum would probably arrange an angry mob to protest this decision. I've just looked and wasn't far wrong. Now 2 threads about this on RTG.

wingy

You mean like taking a fifth yellow ?
So a postponement involving Middlesbrough in a rearranged game where they gain the advantage of Sunderland who have just gained sixth position on the final Sunday of the season and subsequently beat us, leaving us two points free from the relegation zone,and Sunderland in 7th place .
Fair enough lol.😊

Brighton Sky Blue

You mean like taking a fifth yellow ?
So a postponement involving Middlesbrough in a rearranged game where they gain the advantage of Sunderland who have just gained sixth position on the final Sunday of the season and subsequently beat us, leaving us two points free from the relegation zone,and Sunderland in 7th place .
Fair enough lol.😊

It’s the latest in a long line of takes as bad as Simon Moore in August

Grendel

Wait, I haven't said anything about proof.

You said something along the lines of DB had said no such agreement was in place for a pitch replacement. I asked you to provide a link as I hadn't seen it (genuinely).

If you can't find/don't have a link, that's fine, just say it. Don't try (as per usual) and twist it by saying I've offered no proof an agreement existed in writing. I never said there was one.

You’ve provided proof yourself

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Wasps say publicly there would be a new pitch? Was it when we came back from Brum?

Grendel

Didn't Wasps say publicly there would be a new pitch? Was it when we came back from Brum?

vaughan and Boddy in that meeting with the photo of them said there would be yes

Grendel

So if it was or wasn't in writing that Wasps would do it but they didn't. How would it be different? They still wouldn't have been able to afford it. We still wouldn't have got any damages.

We would have raised a claim which would have shown in the admin report and really it shows and highlights a much bigger issue

The club it seems weren’t paid for the F and B money and that’s the claim.

To me it’s very concerning we went along with a verbal agreement and ran with it with clear knowledge the company was insolvent - or at least close to it

When we struck the deal to come back looking at the press at the time it was a licence. That gave again zero protection. Wasps were a high risk company so by not having a proper lease we were exposed. I can’t see any reason wasps wouldn’t agree a sub lease but it would have cost more

Now in 22 or so weeks we are homeless unless these same people can negotiate a deal with Mike Ashley.

Can’t say I’m confident

Nick

Administrator
We would have raised a claim which would have shown in the admin report and really it shows and highlights a much bigger issue

To me it’s very concerning we went along with a verbal agreement and ran with it with clear knowledge the company was insolvent - or at least close to it

When we struck the deal to come back looking at the press at the time it was a licence. That gave again zero protection. Wasps were a high risk company so by not having a proper lease we were exposed. I can’t see any reason wasps wouldn’t agree a sub lease but it would have cost more

Now in 22 or so weeks we are homeless unless these same people can negotiate a deal with Mike Ashley.

Can’t say I’m confident

We still wouldn't have been a secured creditor so even if we had a claim about the pitch it would have just vanished like everything else.

It wouldn't have changed anything if the agreement for the new pitch was in writing or blood. We could have said we have all the claims in the world but they would have vanished.

Grendel

We still wouldn't have been a secured creditor so even if we had a claim about the pitch it would have just vanished like everything else.

It wouldn't have changed anything if the agreement for the new pitch was in writing or blood.

my point is it would still be owed - it isn’t - and the bigger point again is these are the people negotiating a new deal to stop us being homeless in 5 months

Nick

Administrator
my point is it would still be owed - it isn’t - and the bigger point again is these are the people negotiating a new deal to stop us being homeless in 5 months

It wouldn't still be owed. It would have vanished with admin like everything else did.

MalcSB

Can’t say I’m confident
It’s actually Andy Street’s fault.

shmmeee

It’ll be the new owner negotiating any deal from the summer. Assuming it’s gone through by then 😂

Sky Blue Pete

Can’t say I’m confident
About a deal???

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If we had a game called off because of heavy snow would we have a 5 point dedication.

Paul Anthony

If we had a game called off because of heavy snow would we have a 5 point dedication.

I believe the difference would be if a game is affected by weather, then the decision is made by the EFL themselves, or by the Police if its the area around the stadium is considered unsafe. Both circumstances I believe should be covered by EFL regulations, therefore wouldn't apply.

ccfc922

Suspended 5 points is harsh imo.

No fault ar all of our own, no chance of us clawing back the compensation.

5 points is massive. Need to make sure the pitch is in tip top condition for a year and a half.

Also if we go up this season. Then EFL has jurisdiction in Premier so the suspended 5 point deduction next year means zilch.

Didn't Bournemouth get chased by the EFL when they cheated their way to the PL originally?

slowpoke

Difference is the pitch will have proper maintenance weather cancellations are by a referee or if there’s a deluge of snow it can be the police on safety grounds, both are rare events nowadays, the reason we have had our wrists slapped over our situation from the EFL is we should have raised the problem earlier and maybe matches could have been reversed. or something I think EFL have been reasonable with us and the matter has now been put to bed, won’t happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread