NEWS: Coventry City and EFL reach 'Agreed Decision' regarding postponements sanction (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Think we have had a few issues with it. Remember that gaming thing where it killed a load of grass?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Really ? I wouldn't replace my roof if it fell off , accord would have too ..why are we different?

I actually don't think you know what you're on about here , just blaming boddy because well it's boddy and you hate him

I think it's more of a deflection away from Wasps to be honest. I'm seeing more and more of a pattern recently.

Grendel

I think it's more of a deflection away from Wasps to be honest. I'm seeing more and more of a pattern recently.

yes I’m clearly deflecting from wasps as my performance on drunken wasps illustrates - and indeed on here the other day when I looked at some of the highly questionable arrangements with players and limited companies in the administration report

clint van damme

It's the lack of communication from Boddy that's the issue for me not whether he was responsible for the state of the pitch.
It was appalling on his behalf and if he too was unaware that that's absolutely amateurish.

SBT

Yeah for me it was crystal clear that it was always on Wasps to maintain and replace the pitch. But the slapdash way that we were scrabbling around for venue changes and postponements last minute means that some kind of punishment was inevitably going to come our way too. The whole thing was handled ridiculously by all sides.

shmmeee

So the pitch would have been pristine if we had a lease and not a license?

Let’s be honest. We knew there were issues and the CWG was coming up and we failed to put a clause in about pitch condition it seems.

Like everything ultimately the buck stops with us. Same as you can blame the bus for making you late for work but ultimately it’s your fault and it’s up to your boss to be lenient.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Let’s be honest. We knew there were issues and the CWG was coming up and we failed to put a clause in about pitch condition it seems.

Like everything ultimately the buck stops with us. Same as you can blame the bus for making you late for work but ultimately it’s your fault and it’s up to your boss to be lenient.
I don’t get the bus to work!

NorthernWisdom

Yeah for me it was crystal clear that it was always on Wasps to maintain and replace the pitch. But the slapdash way that we were scrabbling around for venue changes and postponements last minute means that some kind of punishment was inevitably going to come our way too. The whole thing was handled ridiculously by all sides.
On the plus side, we have our promised new ground to move into.

Paxman II

If the surface is unplayable , the landlord is responsible .. there's no debate
yes responsible to CCFC but the football club is responsible to the EFL. Two distinctions I'm afraid. It means no matter what the football club knows the rules to abide by EFL rules and ultimately therefor the football club falls foul of the rules. mitigation given the circumstances I'm certain played a roll in only a suspended sentence.

Skyblueweeman

Boddy admitted there was no agreement to replace the pitch

In his statement today he said:

City chief executive Dave Boddy said: "Our supporters will know that we were left with a pitch at the Arena that was unsafe, dangerous and unplayable for our first games of the season, following the broken promises of a new pitch by Wasps, and the extensive usage at the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens".

So are you saying he's contradicting himself or can you provide the link I asked for earlier?

Last edited:

Grendel

City chief executive Dave Boddy said: "Our supporters will know that we were left with a pitch at the Arena that was unsafe, dangerous and unplayable for our first games of the season, following the broken promises of a new pitch by Wasps, and the extensive usage at the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens".

So are you saying he's contradicting himself or can you provide the link I asked for earlier?

that’s not an agreement - he has said it was a verbal commitment he’s never said ever it was in writing and admitted we couldn’t therefore claim damages

NorthernWisdom

tbf both can be true. Someone can promise something, but not have a formal agreement you can hold them to.

(And yes, I agree that Wasps can be shitbags btw)

slowpoke

How has the investigation into this cost £6k???
Also how much would the compensation be to Rotherham, Wigan and Huddersfield, I know it was short notice but all three games were called off before the day it was due to be played, they were our home games so any loss of food, beverage etc or loss of wages for staff and security is down to us, I can only think possibly hotel cancellation all three are similar distance from Cov so any loss should be similar surely would be interesting to find out who decided would be interesting to know how much but bet we are never told.

fernandopartridge

Boddy seems to be relying on a verbal promise rather than anything genuinely contractual

Grendel

Fair enough.

Do you have that link?

What link? Have you seen the contract? To be fair you’ve offered no proof such an agreement existed in writing at all have you?

Vaughan denied there’s an agreement. He can’t be trusted. Boddy said there was and he can’t be trusted

What we do know is the so called best deal ever for 10 years has vanished and the clock is ticking

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

What link? Have you seen the contract? To be fair you’ve offered no proof such an agreement existed in writing at all have you?

Vaughan denied there’s an agreement. He can’t be trusted. Boddy said there was and he can’t be trusted

What we do know is the so called best deal ever for 10 years has vanished and the clock is ticking

Wait, I haven't said anything about proof.

You said something along the lines of DB had said no such agreement was in place for a pitch replacement. I asked you to provide a link as I hadn't seen it (genuinely).

If you can't find/don't have a link, that's fine, just say it. Don't try (as per usual) and twist it by saying I've offered no proof an agreement existed in writing. I never said there was one.

The Philosopher

So let’s say it’s the last game of the season - we are in a rented stadium with no control over when FG decide to put a concert / gaming event / monster truck show on.

Let’s say that at that point we are 6 points outside of playoffs and 10 clear of relegation. It’s dead rubber time.

Do we postpone the match to get the 5 points deducted rather than have them hanging over us the next season?

Just kicking around thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread