name 1 thing we have to be positive about (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

Ask yourself why it was shitloads cheaper when they bought it?
We really did fuck up massively when we upped sticks and fucked off to Northampton not only in terms of losing the stadium but more importantly the losing of fans, from those who had been going years to the next generation of sky blue kids....that one decision caused a ripple effect my club may never recover from....
Makes my blood boil to see our stadium owned by egg chasing bastards, but we didn't just leave the door open for them we gave them the keys and redirected our mail to Northampton
Top answer mate, Short, to the point, and "Bang on"

Sky Blue Kid

Nah, it is when we get 15,000 turn up because they have gone.
SISU are staying because they're on to a good thing at CCFC. Nobody hangs around a "Basket Case" There's a lot more going on beneath the surface than SISU let on. They don't care if we are relegated again and again, but, there will come a time when they f**k off.... That'll be when they can't sell another youngster because we won't have a Academy to nurture these kids from.

Ranjit Bhurpa

At last, a reversal of previous seasons where a strong start is inevitably followed by a nose dive after the New Year.
A crap start this time and fans suggesting relegation can only mean promotion by Easter surely?

Sky Blue Kid

At last, a reversal of previous seasons where a strong start is inevitably followed by a nose dive after the New Year.
A crap start this time and fans suggesting relegation can only mean promotion by Easter surely?
Ahh! but last season we went on a winning streak for half a dozen games at the end ;)

oxymoron

Find it very strange to say that Harries and Stevenson are reasons to be cheerful. They will be sold within a year if they just continue to play as well as they have done so far.

Esoterica

SISU are staying because they're on to a good thing at CCFC. Nobody hangs around a "Basket Case" There's a lot more going on beneath the surface than SISU let on. They don't care if we are relegated again and again, but, there will come a time when they f**k off.... That'll be when they can't sell another youngster because we won't have a Academy to nurture these kids from.

So if the academy is vital to their scheme why are they currently letting it go tits up without much of a fight?

Joy Division

As being the only team to ever play in Premier League, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, Division 4, Division 3 South, Division 3 North, we are doing our best to add the Conference to that magnificent statistic we hold.

Bruce the Boot

Something positive ................................................. ;) We all have Grendel in our lives :)

clint van damme

Absolute bollox,
Tell me the last time SISU said they were going to buy something and actually
Stumped up and did it, you always bang on about PR well PR is just words and
Building perceptions. No amount of words could disguise the fact that SISU never
Do anything good for this club.

hating sisu isn't a good enough reason for not hating wasps as well.

I hate both and have still got some hate left over for the council!

Great_Expectations

The further down the leagues we get, and worse our performances become, the less casual fans we get who turn up to two games a season, shout "get it forward " and think they know everything there is to know about a player after 5 minutes.

JeffB

I have supported Coventry for 47 years and I can honestly say after not a great deal of thought that this is the worst 11 representing our football club that I think there has ever been. I live in South Cumbria now and the local side is Barrow and from what I have seen this season Coventry would not make the play offs of the National League never mind Division 1.Supporters like me genuinely feel desperately sad about the situation which has been going on for such a long time now. It is like having a relative addicted to heroin. I support a football team, give or take a proportion of a season or two, addicted to losing football matches.
I love June and July because at least they cannot cause me misery if they are not playing. I sometimes wonder if in the close season whilst all other clubs spend time strengthening their squads we spend the time devising new ways of torturing the long suffering fans.
God only knows what the answer is, possibly an exorcism but a football team addicted to losing football matches can never be promoted.

Nick

Administrator
I have supported Coventry for 47 years and I can honestly say after not a great deal of thought that this is the worst 11 representing our football club that I think there has ever been. I live in South Cumbria now and the local side is Barrow and from what I have seen this season Coventry would not make the play offs of the National League never mind Division 1.Supporters like me genuinely feel desperately sad about the situation which has been going on for such a long time now. It is like having a relative addicted to heroin. I support a football team, give or take a proportion of a season or two, addicted to losing football matches.
I love June and July because at least they cannot cause me misery if they are not playing. I sometimes wonder if in the close season whilst all other clubs spend time strengthening their squads we spend the time devising new ways of torturing the long suffering fans.
God only knows what the answer is, possibly an exorcism but a football team addicted to losing football matches can never be promoted.

Why is it so common that people have to put how long they have supported the club for?

Do people who have supported for so long not see that we are in League 1 and want us to be signing Robbie Keane type players?

Genuine Question.

Last edited:

Joy Division

Why is it so common that people have to put how long they have supported the club for?

Do people who have supported for so long not see that we are in League 1 and want us to be signing Robbie Keane type players?

Genuine Question.

Because it's a barometer to show how bad it is on a scale of 47 years as opposed to, I dunno, three years?

Users who are viewing this thread