Millwall Game Moved (1 Viewer)

SBbucks

Someone start the petition. I will sign it . It’s just put another nail in the coffin for me . I am sick of having to miss games because of Sky and rearranged fixtures. It’s bad enough having to travel 274 mile round trip for home games , leaving at 8.30 in the morning, now these 12-12.30 kickoffs has killed it . It’s not like trains are cheap if they actually run . Utter joke

What would be the objective of the petition, i.e. what would you be asking the club to do differently?
Or is just “start a petition”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcSB

Now that it is established we are going to lose a significant number of season ticket holders how about coming up with solutions for the issue?
A solution would be to buy your normal season ticket and once the date is changed fans are reimbursed if they can’t make it via a link and the amount comes of the next season ticket.
There is no truth that Doug King is offering anything. He was not at the club when this contract was signed and frankly would have no say for the new one other that being one vote out of 24 for the championship
That is an excellent suggestion for a way forward. Perhaps @Sky Blue Pete could raise supporters concerns at a future meeting.

It’s good that you are an ITK in terms of what Doug is or is not discussing with Sky within the terms of the existing contracts. I will sleep much better in that knowledge.

MalcSB

That would be a reasonable method of reimbursement. If that were offered I would certainly consider it. I doubt it will happen and if so I suspect it might limit it to two matches tops.
I suspect you are correct, they basically want to have their cake and to eat it.
It would be interesting to know how many ST holders aren’t ”local”.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As for making complaints to Sky rather than CCFC I think it's important that the club are informed . No matter how many people complain to Sky they're likely to ignore it completely and if not I doubt they're going to say to the club " We've had 3000 season ticket holders of yours complaining" Hardly.
Any complaints should be sent to CCFC. If thousands do it they'll likely pass on their concerns, if they think it hurts the club.

Sky Blue Pete

That is an excellent suggestion for a way forward. Perhaps @Sky Blue Pete could raise supporters concerns at a future meeting.

It’s good that you are an ITK in terms of what Doug is or is not discussing with Sky within the terms of the existing contracts. I will sleep much better in that knowledge.
There’s no way the club would do that but the new coo and Doug need to come up with something

scubasteve

Is there a minimum/maximum a team can have to move a home game for sky selection, before the club can object ?

For example a maximum of 6 league home games moved for tv in a season (not including play offs etc) After this the home team have to agree.

Just seems we seem to get more home games moved than away. And thinking of teams like leeds being hit more for tv games etc.

Covcraig@bury

What would be the objective of the petition, i.e. what would you be asking the club to do differently?

I just like a petition just to show people we care and maybe throw a protest March in , and then we can all look in the mirror and say ( what the fuck was that all about )? That will show them at Sky … damn their money 🤬👀

Hobo

Is there a minimum/maximum a team can have to move a home game for sky selection, before the club can object ?

For example a maximum of 6 league home games moved for tv in a season (not including play offs etc) After this the home team have to agree.

Just seems we seem to get more home games moved than away. And thinking of teams like leeds being hit more for tv games etc.

TV companies pay the money and clubs just comply.

SBbucks

I just like a petition just to show people we care and maybe throw a protest March in , and then we can all look in the mirror and say ( what the fuck was that all about )? That will show them at Sky … damn their money

If you can’t say what the aim of the petition would be, or who it is aimed at, then it isn’t going to be very effective. But by all means organise a protest march or start a petition if it will make you feel better.

Covcraig@bury

If you can’t say what the aim of the petition would be, or who it is aimed at, then it isn’t going to be very effective. But by all means organise a protest march or start a petition if it will make you feel better.

Now you’ve started something, I won’t sleep tonight wondering what to petition about 🤔 I might start with a brisk March it always helps me think ! I will let you know how I get on . I will work up to a protest march , don’t want to over do it .

SBbucks

Now you’ve started something, I won’t sleep tonight wondering what to petition about I might start with a brisk March it always helps me think ! I will let you know how I get on . I will work up to a protest march , don’t want to over do it .

Look forward to an update. Get the petition organised, set the date for the march and we’ll be right behind you

On second thoughts, we couldn’t organise a proper protest march when we were homeless, never mind over a few changed kick off times!

Great_Expectations

It is if you pay for 23 games but due to other commitments you miss upwards of 8 of them.

Yea, not saying it isn’t shit. I’ve missed a lot due to other commitments, childcare issues etc.

Saturday games are way better for me personally as I get a whole day pass out, so I can enjoy the whole day rather than a few rushed hours due to a late change.

However, I’ll still get a ST. Can’t really give a proper explanation why!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Look forward to an update. Get the petition organised, set the date for the march and we’ll be right behind you

On second thoughts, we couldn’t organise a proper protest march when we were homeless, never mind over a few changed kick off times!

A protest march isn't needed and won't happen. If people vote with their wallets by not buying season tickets that will be more effective. I'm not suggesting people who are able to go to every match should . Not at all. There shouldn't be a boycott as such. It's just that if people simply can't go to many of these rearranged matches and they sit down and do the maths then match by match tickets might be better for them.
If the club notice there is a problem then all well and good.

ccfc1234

A protest march isn't needed and won't happen. If people vote with their wallets by not buying season tickets that will be more effective. I'm not suggesting people who are able to go to every match should . Not at all. There shouldn't be a boycott as such. It's just that if people simply can't go to many of these rearranged matches and they sit down and do the maths then match by match tickets might be better for them.
If the club notice there is a problem then all well and good.
Maybe I am a fool but when it comes to the club I support all over the UK. I see my season ticket (to some extent) as a pledge of allegiance and if I could have saved £50 by going game by game I try not to worry too much as I hope the club are going to use my funds to improve the entertainment and subsequently enjoyment factor for the games I attend.

I want games not moved but and hope your direct correspondence with the club works. Would be interested to see how many other clubs have had as many home games moved as us, if any.

Ashdown

So Millwall likely to bring minimal amount of fans now……early kick off probably discourages the boys from bothering on a Sunday too……so Safety Nazis get a placid atmosphere and Deadly Doug can step down the old bill and volume of stewards at a significant cost reduction too !? Just saying like …..he’s had your money already ST holders …..

clint van damme

So Millwall likely to bring minimal amount of fans now……early kick off probably discourages the boys from bothering on a Sunday too……so Safety Nazis get a placid atmosphere and Deadly Doug can step down the old bill and volume of stewards at a significant cost reduction too !? Just saying like …..he’s had your money already ST holders …..

Do you honestly think this has something to do with King?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Father Ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I just like a petition just to show people we care and maybe throw a protest March in , and then we can all look in the mirror and say ( what the fuck was that all about )? That will show them at Sky … damn their money 🤬👀
Everyone turn up with a t-shirt/banner saying "Fuck Sky" or "Get Virgin TV". Sky will soon stop picking our games.

SBbucks

I doubt it but I bet he’s not as pissed off as many of the fan base when he does his maths. Didn’t Saddlebrains suggest something about CCFC happy to facilitate these changes ?

Why would he be pissed off at all? He’s an owner whose club is subject to EFL rules so will just be getting on with it and won’t be taking it personally. It’s just part of the game. I doubt whether he’s looking for conspiracies around every corner.

clint van damme

I doubt it but I bet he’s not as pissed off as many of the fan base when he does his maths. Didn’t Saddlebrains suggest something about CCFC happy to facilitate these changes ?

We're part of a TV deal and are governed by that not the wims of Doug King.
You might be right about him being happy when he does the maths but he's got no say in it.

Users who are viewing this thread