Millwall Game Moved (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

In all seriousness, what can the club do about it? If we were playing like a sack of sh^te (Birmingham, Stoke etc) then I would be more sympathetic. Or if you have to travel from the back end of beyond. For me, it's a bit of a nuisance, but nothing more. I'll renew next season, already knowing that due to the odd family commitment I'll miss a couple of games. No big deal. PUSB!
it won't really affect me but I know people who have missed far more games than anticipated due to work commitments and won't be renewing.
That doesn't mean I or they, blame the club, there's nothing they can do about it but it's still shit that we're going to lose season ticket holders and people are going to miss out.

Brighton Sky Blue

it won't really affect me but I know people who have missed far more games than anticipated due to work commitments and won't be renewing.
That doesn't mean I or they, blame the club, there's nothing they can do about it but it's still shit that we're going to lose season ticket holders and people are going to miss out.
My wife has been to just 5 games on her season ticket this season. At this point we’re only likely to renew if we again make the play off final and can bet on the other team to reduce the cost!

M&B Stand

There should be one Prem game on a Sunday.
All other fixtures 3pm Satdee afternoon.
It’s British culture.
Scrap the TV blackout, the armchairs would happily pay for the games.

Ashdown

What about all the people who play and are involved with Sunday league football ?
Let’s be honest, who is really gonna want to watch Cov v Millwall on TV in the wider world at that time . Dead atmosphere, no time for a drink, hugely reduced away support . I literally paid £30 each for two tickets only yesterday
Wankers !!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Sky are trying to build up the championship - they own all the rights unlike they do with the Prem.

We’re going down the same route the prem did - we best be in the prem or the championship in 5 years because it’s effectively going to be Prem 1 & Prem 2

Ashdown

It’s the same in Spain with La Liga 1 & 2. They are also completely messed around with their fixtures and only know 3 weeks before, what day and time they are down to play .

Gynnsthetonic

Sky are trying to build up the championship - they own all the rights unlike they do with the Prem.

We’re going down the same route the prem did - we best be in the prem or the championship in 5 years because it’s effectively going to be Prem 1 & Prem 2
Albeit a massive gulf in funding

wingy

I'd like to know how the itv deal with it differs through the prism of history?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

In all seriousness, what can the club do about it? If we were playing like a sack of sh^te (Birmingham, Stoke etc) then I would be more sympathetic. Or if you have to travel from the back end of beyond. For me, it's a bit of a nuisance, but nothing more. I'll renew next season, already knowing that due to the odd family commitment I'll miss a couple of games. No big deal. PUSB!
I don't know the number of people from outside Cov who have season tickets but quite a few I know won't renew after this. It may be no big deal to you but to those who have to travel to midweek games from outside of the city it most certainly is, particularly if it's becoming a weekly event.
I don't know of one single person who watches city who is happy with any of the number of rearrangements.
Ultimately if this is now the norm, season ticket sales will drop ( unless we're promoted) and there is more likelihood of an increase in sales on a match to match basis, as fans pick and chose which matches to go to.

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

I don't know the number of people from outside Cov who have season tickets but quite a few I know won't renew after this. It may be no big deal to you but to those who have to travel to midweek games from outside of the city it most certainly is, particularly if it's becoming a weekly event.
I don't know of one single person who watches city who is happy with any of the number of rearrangements.
Ultimately if this is now the norm, season ticket sales will drop ( unless we're promoted) and within a couple of seasons you'll be sitting in attendances similar to in 22/23.

So what do you want the club to do about it?

Hertsccfc

So what do you want the club to do about it?
It's not really the club's fault. The solution would be for fans not to buy subscription tv packages but I am afraid that is unrealistic and I am as culpable as others in that respect.

As someone who travels a fair distance to matches I do find so many midweek matches difficult. It'll be a hard decision whether or not to renew next year.

Liquicon

It's not really the club's fault. The solution would be for fans not to buy subscription tv packages but I am afraid that is unrealistic and I am as culpable as others in that respect.

As someone who travels a fair distance to matches I do find so many midweek matches difficult. It'll be a hard decision whether or not to renew next year.
Which is why emailing the club for "what assurances they can give that next season it won't happen again" is completely ridiculous.

It's a combination of Sky choosing the matches they want and the EFL allowing them to dictate this. Have we just been unlucky that it has been mostly home matches that we have had chosen to be televised?

Although there will be more games getting moved next season, it does at least seem that they will mostly be moved to the Saturday lunchtime or Sunday kick-offs rather than Monday/Friday evenings, which might make it a bit easier for those who are struggling to justify the season ticket.

SkyBlueSoul

It's a combination of Sky choosing the matches they want and the EFL allowing them to dictate this. Have we just been unlucky that it has been mostly home matches that we have had chosen to be televised?
I wonder if the atmosphere has anything to do with it. I've no idea but wouldn't surprise me if it was an amalgamation of us being a decent team with modern facilities with a fanbase that makes a lot of noise. Probably ticks all the boxes for Sky and their need to advertise the Championship.

MalcSB

Whilst understanding the sentiment of your email it is not the clubs fault and the fixture list states it is subject to change. This is one of the downsides of supporting an upwardly mobile club.
Fixture lists and the terms and conditions of season tickets have always said they were subject to change. The problem is the frequency with which they have been changing - used to only be because of weather or cup ties, now it’s TV. Changes to times and day of the weekend don’t affect me much, but switches to mid week makes it a pain in the arse, particularly with post match road closures - and I only drive 60 miles each way.

Last edited:

D_Boult

Thats that one off the list. I'm a STH and currently not sure if I'll renew. I have a four hour round trip (no one else's fault I know) but the amount of games being moved just scuppers me most of the time. Is what it is. Meh. Was looking to battering those London Monkey F••ks an all. If there was an easy way to transfer my season ticket to others that potentially can't afford it, for certain games I would... but thats another thread...

ovduk78

I'll probably be coming down to this with my son who struggles to make games on a Saturday as he plays football although he is going to the Leicester game. Will be my 6th home game of the season & the only 1 I was planning to go to but couldn't was the WBA game as Monday's are almost impossible for me to get to. I was hoping to get to 1 game a month so am on track to achieve that.

Ashdown

Not that ‘ no one likes us ‘ ….but no one has even mentioned the away fans expected to travel from South London early on a Sunday….its a facking nonsense and kills the games as a day out ! I’m not even sure who will do a full English with a pint in CV6 at that time on a Sunday ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Which is why emailing the club for "what assurances they can give that next season it won't happen again" is completely ridiculous.

Although there will be more games getting moved next season, it does at least seem that they will mostly be moved to the Saturday lunchtime or Sunday kick-offs rather than Monday/Friday evenings, which might make it a bit easier for those who are struggling to justify the season ticket.
Emailing the club at least lets them know where I stand on this. I don't suppose they will make any assurances whatsoever: they're in the pocket of sky whose money speaks more than my season ticket money but at least they will know from me directly rather than simply me just complain on here.
I've no doubt I'm going through the motions but if the club genuinely aren't interested in holding on to season ticket holders because they're getting funded good and proper from elsewhere then I'll take my money somewhere else if they are happy to let Saturday football come to an end.

If 5000 ST holders were to let the club know they won't renew next season due to changing fixtures and the club are happy with that then I'm afraid it's a sad state of affairs

SBT

The club could also offer some kind of flexibility for ST holders - the ability to trade in tickets, or offer weekend-only ticket packages etc

It probably wouldn’t make the club any money, so I don’t think they’re likely to do it, but you can’t just throw your hands up and say there’s nothing the club can do.

ccfc1234

Emailing the club at least lets them know where I stand on this. I don't suppose they will make any assurances whatsoever: they're in the pocket of sky whose money speaks more than my season ticket money but at least they will know from me directly rather than simply me just complain on here.
I've no doubt I'm going through the motions but if the club genuinely aren't interested in holding on to season ticket holders because they're getting funded good and proper from elsewhere then I'll take my money somewhere else if they are happy to let Saturday football come to an end.

If 5000 ST holders were to let the club know they won't renew next season due to changing fixtures and the club are happy with that then I'm afraid it's a sad state of affairs
Sky are an operational reality and if we get where we aspire to be are you going to refuse to attend games? The people you should be complaining to is Sky as they call the shots, trying to hold the club to ransom that unless games are played when it suits you, your attendance will be withdrawn I suspect will get the bland response you are expecting.
I get it's annoying and i wholeheartedly agree with football being ideally on a saturday and my young family will miss swimming lessons to attend, but my dedication to the club is far deeper than 3pm on a Saturday or i won't renew and I hope on reflection yours is too.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sky are an operational reality and if we get where we aspire to be are you going to refuse to attend games? The people you should be complaining to is Sky as they call the shots, trying to hold the club to ransom that unless games are played when it suits you, your attendance will be withdrawn I suspect will get the bland response you are expecting.
I get it's annoying and i wholeheartedly agree with football being ideally on a saturday and my young family will miss swimming lessons to attend, but my dedication to the club is far deeper than 3pm on a Saturday or i won't renew and I hope on reflection yours is too.
No, I'm not refusing, I simply can't make some midweek matches I've now missed 3 that were originally Saturday and there are bound to be at least a couple more midweek games I can't attend before the season's end. In hindsight buying a season ticket wasn't cost effective and for the first time in decades I've now reached the conclusion that picking and choosing matches on a game by game basis is going to be better financially than purchasing a season ticket. It's just the way it is but I never envisaged so many rearranged kick offs in a season.

SBT

i wholeheartedly agree with football being ideally on a saturday and my young family will miss swimming lessons to attend, but my dedication to the club is far deeper than 3pm on a Saturday or i won't renew and I hope on reflection yours is too.
Unfortunately there are plenty of fans who have to give up more than disrupted swimming lessons to deal with the schedule changes. There will come a point where any fan could decide it’s no longer worth it, and it will be up to the club to decide if it’s worth mitigating that.

Covcraig@bury

Someone start the petition. I will sign it . It’s just put another nail in the coffin for me . I am sick of having to miss games because of Sky and rearranged fixtures. It’s bad enough having to travel 274 mile round trip for home games , leaving at 8.30 in the morning, now these 12-12.30 kickoffs has killed it . It’s not like trains are cheap if they actually run . Utter joke 🤬

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Someone start the petition. I will sign it . It’s just put another nail in the coffin for me . I am sick of having to miss games because of Sky and rearranged fixtures. It’s bad enough having to travel 274 mile round trip for home games , leaving at 8.30 in the morning, now these 12-12.30 kickoffs has killed it . It’s not like trains are cheap if they actually run . Utter joke 🤬
And let's face it, it's not just Coventry City fans effected by this.

MalcSB

It’s not that people will “refuse” to attend games, they will find themselves unable to and hence question the economic viability of a season ticket.

Doug - and hence the club - seems to set great store by the volume of ST sales and hence guaranteed income - which could be affected by all the fixture moves. It is not enough to shrug the shoulders and point to the T&Cs, perhaps some new and more flexible approach to ticketing should be investigated.

This is especially the case IF there is any truth to the assertion that Doug is offering Sky a “path of least resistance” to televise games at the CBS, as suggested by @Saddlebrains .

NortonSkyBlue

Now that it is established we are going to lose a significant number of season ticket holders how about coming up with solutions for the issue?
A solution would be to buy your normal season ticket and once the date is changed fans are reimbursed if they can’t make it via a link and the amount comes of the next season ticket.
There is no truth that Doug King is offering anything. He was not at the club when this contract was signed and frankly would have no say for the new one other that being one vote out of 24 for the championship

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Now that it is established we are going to lose a significant number of season ticket holders how about coming up with solutions for the issue?
A solution would be to buy your normal season ticket and once the date is changed fans are reimbursed if they can’t make it via a link and the amount comes of the next season ticket.
There is no truth that Doug King is offering anything. He was not at the club when this contract was signed and frankly would have no say for the new one other that being one vote out of 24 for the championship
That would be a reasonable method of reimbursement. If that were offered I would certainly consider it. I doubt it will happen and if so I suspect it might limit it to two matches tops.

Users who are viewing this thread