Millwall Game Moved (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

I have just sent an email to the club staying I'm very unlikely to renew given that the fixture list produced in July was effectively ripped up the day the season started . I've asked them what assurances they can give that next season it won't happen again ( it will ) because otherwise I'll stay at home ( and , ironically, probably watch it on telly ! ) .
Whilst understanding the sentiment of your email it is not the clubs fault and the fixture list states it is subject to change. This is one of the downsides of supporting an upwardly mobile club.

Saddlebrains

is Doug putting on sky events for them or something? It’s always home games ffs

He basically told sky start of the year we'll bend over for them with home games for any game they want as we get 100k per game

He figures the loss of ticket sales will be compensated and more by that figure

chiefdave

He basically told sky start of the year we'll bend over for them with home games for any game they want as we get 100k per game

For that to be the case wouldn't clubs have to be in a position to turn Sky down and refuse to move games when they are selected for television?

Saddlebrains

Absolute bollocks.

Is it?

We've already got the ST holders in. How many people are paying per game in the home end? Around 5 thousand. Millwall Cat B

Average price due to kids and adults shall we say £24?

£24 × 5000 is £120,000

Due to it being televised some wont go, shall we say half of those who planned no longer will? So that £120,000 becomes £60,000

But because we've got the £100,000 from sky, its giving us a total of £160,000 for that match

We've had this happen a few times this season, well documented, wether its good or bad, but lets take the £60,000 more profit as an average over the 7 or 8 games by end of year we would have moved to Sky, thats an extra £480,000 in the clubs coffers

I've not said its a bad move from Doug, financially its brilliant as its another revenue stream increased which is what hes banged on about since being here

Thats the 'load of bollocks'

Brighton Sky Blue

Is it?

We've already got the ST holders in. How many people are paying per game in the home end? Around 5 thousand. Millwall Cat B

£24 × 5000 is £120,000

Due to it being televised some wont go, shall we say half of those who planned no longer will? So that £120,000 becomes £60,000

But because we've got the £100,000 from sky, its giving us a total of £160,000 for that match

We've had this happen a few times this season, well documented, wether its good or bad, but lets take the £60,000 more profit as an average over the 7 or 8 games by end of year we would have moved to Sky, thats an extra £480,000 in the clubs coffers

I've not said its a bad move from Doug, financially its brilliant as its another revenue stream increased which is what hes banged on about since being here

Sky don’t care about our coffers, they care about how many people are likely to watch.

Saddlebrains

For that to be the case wouldn't clubs have to be in a position to turn Sky down and refuse to move games when they are selected for television?

Are there any 'meaty' fixture in the championship that weekend? Other then the ones already selected? Its an easy one to stick on a Sunday midday because Dougs said lob the TV games at us

As I said above I'm not judging either way, just what I was told back in August that he didnt understand why the club didnt push harder for our games to be televised

clint van damme

Is it?

£24 × 5000 is £120,000

It's bollocks. I dont doubt you've been told it but it's bollocks.
Clubs don't have a say. We'll have signed up to a deal, (as will everybody else), and we'll have no say on where and when we're on tele.
King won't have any influence on it.

SBT

Doug King and Sky Sports were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

Great_Expectations

Another moved game is really frustrating, and the lack of Saturday games is a bit of a joke.

But it isn’t a reason not to renew a ST in my opinion.

Christ, if you were there through that L1 relegation season, a few moved games is nothing.

Marty

It is rather annoying, but I should still be able to attend. Everyone should just get a dodgy firestick nowadays.

MalcSB

Is it?

£24 × 5000 is £120,000

The maths arent going to look so good if the club loses, say, 3,000 STs next season.

SkyBlueSoul

Middlesbrough
Boro at home was a 12:30 KO. Depending on if people want to count Boxing Day as a 'Saturday' game, it's 4 at home all season (5 inc. Boxing Day). I make it 12 out of 26 for the whole season so far (13 inc. Boxing Day)

NortonSkyBlue

The maths arent going to look so good if the club loses, say, 3,000 STs next season.
True but what do you expect the club to do? It’s easy to bitch about the changes of times and days but supporting Coventry City is about taking the rough with the smooth.

Sky Blue Harry H

I have just sent an email to the club staying I'm very unlikely to renew given that the fixture list produced in July was effectively ripped up the day the season started . I've asked them what assurances they can give that next season it won't happen again ( it will ) because otherwise I'll stay at home ( and , ironically, probably watch it on telly ! ) .
In all seriousness, what can the club do about it? If we were playing like a sack of sh^te (Birmingham, Stoke etc) then I would be more sympathetic. Or if you have to travel from the back end of beyond. For me, it's a bit of a nuisance, but nothing more. I'll renew next season, already knowing that due to the odd family commitment I'll miss a couple of games. No big deal. PUSB!

nunchuckas

Everyone in Coventry should cancel their Sky subscription. They're the ones ruining football, can't moan about them moving games, yet still pay them money. I'll never get Sky.

rob9872

Is it?

£24 × 5000 is £120,000

You've conveniently forgotten tax and also that £160k - £120k isn't £60k, but £40k.

Still worth having but less reward for the risk assuming we're still Championship next season.

Users who are viewing this thread