Maximum Biamou (3 Viewers)

PVA

He’s 6’2’ and strong.

Waghorn is 5’9/10, strong maybe but I’ve not seen him bring the ball down for the air with back to goal like Vic.

Still waiting for who we’d play up front if Vic is off….

Anyone….Bueller….Bueller

If Gyokeres was out and we wanted to play a lone striker it would be Godden.

At the moment we have Godden, Walker and probably Waghorn injured. So we don't have a Gyokeres replacement right now.

That doesn't mean we don't have enough strikers.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

He’s 6’2’ and strong.

Waghorn is 5’9/10, strong maybe but I’ve not seen him bring the ball down for the air with back to goal like Vic.

Anyone….Bueller….Bueller
The answer to this is we would have to adapt the system and play to the strength of 'poachers' as you call them. Sticking Biamou in Vik's role in this team is a laughable suggestion. Vik runs whole defensive lines ragged. Biamou ran ragged chasing his first touch.

The Philosopher

Oh god, still on about that one from Solihull?
Err… nope.

Good attempt at deflecting though.

Bottom line:

We’ve no back up to Vic.

Waghorn hasn’t set anything on fire for the money.

Max, at the time, may have been a better option to keep and use the extra few hundred grand saved on something useful.

The Philosopher

At the moment we have Godden, Walker and probably Waghorn injured. So we don't have a Gyokeres replacement right now.

It means we’ve got two over 31 who have injury history and Walker.

Robinshio

our bench last night was fairly strong
2 more injuries later and we are now bare bones
I think at the moment we are ok, but another couple of injuries, and we are then struggling across the team

Nick

Administrator
Err… nope.

Bottom line:

We’ve no back up to Vic.

Max, at the time, may have been a better option to keep and use the extra few hundred grand saved on something useful.
Even worse, biamou

It's not deflecting.

Sick Boy

Err… nope.

Bottom line:

We’ve no back up to Vic.

No he wouldn’t have been.
Waghorn is 10 times the player even now and still offers us more than Biamou ever did who was one of the meekest strikers I’ve seen play for us.

Sick Boy

So just to confirm you think he was a decent player in a promotion year.

So literally no reason to dislike him

You like G just love to hate players. Wilson is your current obsession
I don’t dislike him, I just don’t think he was good enough.
An opinion which was obviously shared by Robins and has been proven to have been spot on since he was released.
You clearly rate him and Wilson, which says it all - haha!

The Philosopher

No he wouldn’t have been.
Waghorn is 10 times the player even now and still offers us more than Biamou ever did who was one of the meekest strikers I’ve seen play for us.
If Waghorn (1300 mins last year, that’s about 30% of possible, 1 goal) is 10 times anyone I’d be surprised. Love to know £per minute / contribution.

Not slating Waghorn, just once again, bizarre signing and not cheap or a gamble to develop and sell on.

That MR wanted to ship him out and got no takers should say enough.

olderskyblue

Sick Boy

If Waghorn (1300 mins last year, that’s about 30% of possible, 1 goal) is 10 times anyone I’d be surprised. Love to know £per minute / contribution.

Not slating Waghorn, just once again, bizarre signing and not cheap or a gamble to develop and sell on.

That MR wanted to ship him out and got no takers should say enough.
How many games has your suggested replacement played since leaving us?
Robins clearly felt he wasn’t good enough, which has been shown to be spot on since - I’d be amazed if he ever plays in the EFL again.

Hertsccfc

He’s 6’2’ and strong.

Anyone….Bueller….Bueller
Gyokeres is quite tall and is definitely strong but he hardly ever heads the ball. We don't play that way anyway.

How is Hudlin doing btw?

PVA

Yeah Gyokeres isn't really that good in the air.

Godden is surprisingly good and wins his fair share of headers

covcity4life

I don’t dislike him, I just don’t think he was good enough.
An opinion which was obviously shared by Robins and has been proven to have been spot on since he was released.
You clearly rate him and Wilson, which says it all - haha!

I felt he was a good player for us in league 1 and 2. I'm not saying I want him here now

And Wilson is not as bad as uou say but he's also not brilliant. Hence my cirticism of him yesterday

Maybe it's because I'm in my forties but this internet hyperbole bullshit is getting so boring

Grendel

Godden should have been sent packing when the Huddersfield enquiry came in

PVA

Godden should have been sent packing when the Huddersfield enquiry came in

£700k for a striker that had just scored 12 in 24 in the Championship would be terrible business.

Luton paid £1.5m for a striker that had just scored 7 in 28 in the Championship.

Huddersfield spent £500k on a striker that had just scored 9 goals in League 2.

Goalscorers are expensive.

Grendel

£700k for a striker that had just scored 12 in 24 in the Championship would be terrible business.

Luton paid £1.5m for a striker that had just scored 7 in 28 in the Championship.

How much did we pay for Gyokeres?

Grendel

£750k after he'd just scored 3 in 19.

Thanks for providing another example to prove my point (y)

Er it proves the opposite - Gyokeres was an obvious talent ( well you said you would have kept Biamou but hey ho) - he hasnt scored 12 in 24 has he? Its only 3 in the last 12. Did he score 9 in the previous 12 last season?

How much in the transfer market is he worth in your opinion?

PVA

Er it proves the opposite - Gyokeres was an obvious talent ( well you said you would have kept Biamou but hey ho) - he hasnt scored 12 in 24 has he? Its only 3 in the last 12. Did he score 9 in the previous 12 last season?

How much in the transfer market is he worth in your opinion?

He literally scored 12 in 24 last season. Even you can't deny that.

Grendel

He literally scored 12 in 24 last season. Even you can't deny that.

But he hasn't this season has he or does that not count

Fact is we should never have extended the deal as we did. He's getting slower and slower, he has gone what 8 games without a goal , contributes nothing when he doesn't score and we would have actually recouped what we paid

How much is he worth in the transfer market in your opinion?

PVA

Fact is we should never have extended the deal as we did. He's getting slower and slower, he has gone what 8 games without a goal , contributes nothing when he doesn't score and we would have actually recouped what we paid

What are you talking about? Huddersfield aren’t bidding now are they? They bid in the summer, when he’d just scored 12 goals in 24 games. I don’t know how I can make that any clearer.

You said we’d get £150k for Hyam and we got 10 times that so forgive me for not holding much faith in your valuations of your latest boo boy.

Grendel

What are you talking about? Huddersfield aren’t bidding now are they? They bid in the summer, when he’d just scored 12 goals in 24 games. I don’t know how I can make that any clearer.

You said we’d get £150k for Hyam and we got 10 times that so forgive me for not holding much faith in your valuations of your latest boo boy.

How much is godden worth?

Brighton Sky Blue

You'd have sold him at that point in time to a relegation rival?

Reactions: PVA

fernandopartridge

It's good business for a striker who is past 30 and won't play more than 25 games in a season anyway.

Grendel

You'd have sold him at that point in time to a relegation rival?

yes - you? Also I don’t know why PVA likes the post as he thinks we aren’t a relegation candidate at all!

Grendel

It's good business for a striker who is past 30 and won't play more than 25 games in a season anyway.

Exactly. His transfer market value is nil. He has another year on his contract abd is clearly in decline. Our handing out of contract extensions is poor

• Haha

Grendel

You are laughing PVA but you won’t say what he’s actually worth…

• Haha

Brighton Sky Blue

yes - you? Also I don’t know why PVA likes the post as he thinks we aren’t a relegation candidate at all!

Think it would have been very difficult to justify to the rest of the squad just after forcing Hyam out of the door on the cheap. Also not sure how you'd have reacted to him inevitably scoring against us in the corresponding fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread