Maximum Biamou (1 Viewer)

Grendel

So just to confirm you think he was a decent player in a promotion year.

So literally no reason to dislike him

You like G just love to hate players. Wilson is your current obsession

he said back up player - what’s Peter Vincenti doing these days

letsallsingtogether

He’ll be lucky to get another contract in the football league. He was a decent enough back-up player at the lowest point in our recent history in League 2 but the legend stuff that gets bandied about and the “best technique” posts were just embarrassing.
"Our lowest Point" 🤣🤣
Fuck me we got promoted.

pusbccfc

Biamou would offer us more than Godden. He's been on the team sheet for the past month and I can't ever recall him having a touch of the ball.

pusbccfc

Robins never really liked Max. He only ever played him in the Championship because the fans kicked off about it. He did actually do a good job for a player who has zero ability at this level. Shows that a bit of grit and determination can take you far.

Brighton Sky Blue

He certainly wouldn’t be close to good enough but is about all we can afford. Our budget is tighter than that really tall guy off the Simpsons-perhaps we could sign him instead if @The Philosopher has some contacts

1666686168351.jpeg

Sick Boy

Robins never really liked Max. He only ever played him in the Championship because the fans kicked off about it. He did actually do a good job for a player who has zero ability at this level. Shows that a bit of grit and determination can take you far.
At this stage you’d have to say the Conference is about his level.
The Dundee fans probably think his cult were winding them up with all the legend and great player stuff.

pusbccfc

The Dundee fans probably think his cult were winding them up with all the legend and great player stuff.

Bang on. He never had the ability even in League 1 but managed to fumble his way into a decent career with us. First touch was awful but managed to cause problems with his awkwardness.

He'll be looked back upon as a fan favourite in years to come, like many of the players in the last 5 years.

Brighton Sky Blue

What’s hard to deny in his favour though is he scored some bloody good goals, especially lower down the pyramid.

Offhegoes

I actually thought Max should of a got a deal last summer. He did alright during our first season up. Of course he would of been back up to Vik and Godden, and possibly Walker, but we didn't and signed Waghorn and so far that hasn't paid off.

Sick Boy

I actually thought Max should of a got a deal last summer. He did alright during our first season up. Of course he would of been back up to Vik and Godden, and possibly Walker, but we didn't and signed Waghorn and so far that hasn't paid off.
Fucking hell.

Skyblueweeman

Are you seriously saying MR only played Max because the fans wanted it??

pusbccfc

Are you seriously saying MR only played Max because the fans wanted it??

Not exactly, but there was a period where we had injuries and fans hammered Robins for not playing him. He came in and scored a few goals and kept his space despite others returning to fitness.

Evo1883

Biamou would offer us more than Godden. He's been on the team sheet for the past month and I can't ever recall him having a touch of the ball.
Screenshot_20221025-111855_Chrome.jpg

Godden just over a 1 in 2 for City in the league

Screenshot_20221025-111924_Chrome.jpg

Max with a brilliant 1 in 6 in the league

I don't even need to mention the goals that secured us our promotion from league 1 either

Last edited:

Balli001

Limited player but contributed to our rise up the divisions, scoring some important goals along the way and seemed to genuinely love the club.

Really no idea why he gets the hate he does, seemingly for being a nice bloke who enjoyed interacting with the fans. Bizarre.
Its more the cult that developed around him who insisted he was on a par with Mbappe.

The Philosopher

If that’s your thing….

But I would let him train with us, unpaid, if he still lives local.

If Gyok gets a ban, Waghorn injured, Walker stays out for a while…..

Unlikely but not impossible
“If Gyok gets a ban” (got booked last night and you know how yellows are getting bandied around atm)

“(If) Waghorn injured” (he got injured last night)

Didn’t know Max was injured. In any case, the point here isn’t necessarily about Max but I’ve been banging on about shortage of back up strikers to Vic.

Last few games we’ve been often punting long to Vic and he’s been outmuscling defenders and bringing it down and laying it off like a good old fashioned target man. We’ve no back up.

Godden / Walker are imo back ups for one another as poacher players. Tavares possibly also - he’s no target man.

I’ll say it again, get the usual silly emojis I’m sure, but the Waghorn signing and releasing of the younger Max was, as I said at the time, baffling.

Waghorn scored a pen the other day. Great. Pleased for him. A pen. He didn’t win it. Has scored 1 from open play since he arrived. Not sure how many assists - not many. I’m sorry that he has had some issues but life goes that way.

Bottom line: not a cheap player to have and hasn’t produced. Nice chap and all that.

Letting 6ft4 Baka go (not good enough for champ / ok) letting 6ft whatever Max go and having a load of poachers (that don’t suit our system) last year and putting big budget on Waghorn was then, and still is now, a strange chain of thoughts for CCFC.

It’s too late for Max now, injured (didn’t know that in my original post) out of fitness, a year or so older, but whatever we do we need to get some kind of back up for Vic at some point.

Why some on here are so vitriolic about Max I don’t know. Didn’t slate anyone when he left and now cheers for the sidelines.

Sick Boy

“If Gyok gets a ban” (got booked last night and you know how yellows are getting bandied around atm)

“(If) Waghorn injured” (he got injured last night)

Didn’t know Max was injured. In any case, the point here isn’t necessarily about Max but I’ve been banging on about shortage of back up strikers to Vic.

Last few games we’ve been often punting long to Vic and he’s been outmuscling defenders and bringing it down and laying it off like a good old fashioned target man. We’ve no back up.

Godden / Walker are imo back ups for one another as poacher players. Tavares possibly also - he’s no target man.

I’ll say it again, get the usual silly emojis I’m sure, but the Waghorn signing and releasing of the younger Max was, as I said at the time, baffling.

Waghorn scored a pen the other day. Great. Pleased for him. A pen. He didn’t win it. Has scored 1 from open play since he arrived. Not sure how many assists - not many. I’m sorry that he has had some issues but life goes that way.

Bottom line: not a cheap player to have and hasn’t produced. Nice chap and all that.

Letting 6ft4 Baka go (not good enough for champ / ok) letting 6ft whatever Max go and having a load of poachers (that don’t suit our system) last year and putting big budget on Waghorn was then, and still is now, a strange chain of thoughts for CCFC.

It’s too late for Max now, injured (didn’t know that in my original post) out of fitness, a year or so older, but whatever we do we need to get some kind of back up for Vic at some point.

Why some on here are so vitriolic about Max I don’t know. Didn’t slate anyone when he left and now cheers for the sidelines.
Baka is/was a far better player than Biamou, as has been proven since he left the club.

The Philosopher

Baka is/was a far better player than Biamou, as has been proven since he left the club.
My point is that there is no back up to Vic.

I was reading the “Rise Together” book the other day (After I’d read it I gave it to a random Cov fan who happened to see me reading it around the pool in Tenerife - Cov fans get everywhere now) and it mentioned how the recruitment strategy had changed to have the same system played throughout. Where’s the Target man in the u23/21 team?

Nick

Administrator

I was reading the “Rise Together” book the other day (After I’d read it I gave it to a random Cov fan who happened to see me reading it around the pool in Tenerife - Cov fans get everywhere now) and it mentioned how the recruitment strategy had changed to have the same system played throughout. Where’s the Target man in the u23/21 team?
I'm tall, doesn't mean I should be signed up as a backup to gyo.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think calling Gyo a target man is a bit misleading. I know you wanted a bean pole purely because of his height whereas Gyo's attribute is not that but strength.

The Philosopher

I think calling Gyo a target man is a bit misleading. I know you wanted a bean pole purely because of his height whereas Gyo's attribute is not that but strength.
He’s 6’2’ and strong.

Waghorn is 5’9/10, strong maybe but I’ve not seen him bring the ball down for the air with back to goal like Vic.

Still waiting for who we’d play up front if Vic is off….

Anyone….Bueller….Bueller

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s 6’2’ and strong.

Waghorn is 5’9/10, strong maybe but I’ve not seen him bring the ball down for the air with back to goal like Vic.

Still waiting for who we’d play up front if Vic is off….

Anyone….Bueller….Bueller

You know the answer-there isn't anyone available. Though if we had followed your suggestion of signing the BFG, sticking him up front on his own in the Championship wouldn't be the answer either.

How's he doing at Wimbledon?

Users who are viewing this thread