Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (7 Viewers)

Martin180

fair, but I’d differentiate for some between mentality and expectation, I don’t expect we will get promoted this season, and like you I think we will be top half, possibly 10, and if things go our way after January maybe a late push

I would however hope that, despite realising this season will be difficult / different, the mentality is still there that we can beat anybody on our day - I honestly think that’s a big part of what is driving Ipswich at the minute, they have no ‘superstars’ but always look like they are going to blow teams away because they all believe they will

They were disappointed with their draw with Norwich today, which in the scheme of things is a good result but they don’t see it that way

hope that makes sense
Yeah it does
Ipswich have built steadily over the last couple of seasons without losing many over their star performers . They have confidence from promotion and a style that all their players are well established at playing .
If we stick with this current system I think we will steadily climb the table and start to really attack the sides around and below us

Sky Blue Harry H

They are not a premiership team that’s why they are in the championship.

We parked the bus which is what a tinpot relegation team do. Do you think any of the teams that got promoted last season would have parked it up, weak mentality that will never change.
Can we introduce a yawn button?

bigfatronssba

Very fortunate but will take that. Leeds are a very good side with some absolutely rapid players. The lads worked really hard, and a mix of some poor finishing, good defending and great saves kept us in it second half. Good point.

The game at the Ricoh Is gonna be tasty.

Is that Eccles and Sheaf out suspended now?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ricoh?

We know not of such a stadium

DannyThomas_1981

A top 6 club doesn’t take all the creativity out the team and park the bus. A lot of you are totally deluded to where we’re at. Last season has gone, stop living off that. Look where we are in the league that us. Stop pipe dreaming.
Seriously take a sense check and have a day off. Not so long ago this club was in L2 and heading to oblivion.

After losing 2 incredible players in the summer - we are now very close to achieving real momentum in the Championship. Again.

If you can't enjoy the journey and where we are at, where we are going - go and support some random team in the Prem. You will not be missed.

clint van damme

Seriously take a sense check and have a day off. Not so long ago this club was in L2 and heading to oblivion.

After losing 2 incredible players in the summer - we are now very close to achieving real momentum in the Championship. Again.

If you can't enjoy the journey and where we are at, where we are going - go and support some random team in the Prem. You will not be missed.

Its a wum account mate. Not worth getting worked up about

skyblue_55

A really good week to be a skyblue .
I think with a little more luck , we could have come away with 6 points , but am I being greedy?
We at last look like a team moving forward & with a change in personnel today , the replacements, Lati especially, shows how versatile he is & a great addition.
With Robins holding back players today , a stronger line up against Sunderland will I’m sure , give us another away win
PUSB

DannyThomas_1981

Latibeaudaire looks like someone who can handle himself , didn't mess about and stood toe to toe with them
In terms of the hard lads - Thomas and Kitching will not stand back, Bids will silently not take prisoners and who isn't enjoying this new version of Kasey as someone looking for aggro - never though I would say this but KP doesn't look out of place as an enforcer. What a day!

RegTheDonk

fair, but I’d differentiate for some between mentality and expectation, I don’t expect we will get promoted this season, and like you I think we will be top half, possibly 10, and if things go our way after January maybe a late push

I would however hope that, despite realising this season will be difficult / different, the mentality is still there that we can beat anybody on our day - I honestly think that’s a big part of what is driving Ipswich at the minute, they have no ‘superstars’ but always look like they are going to blow teams away because they all believe they will

They were disappointed with their draw with Norwich today, which in the scheme of things is a good result but they don’t see it that way

hope that makes sense
Had to chuckle 5 Live calling it "the old farm derby".

Under a lot of pressure for a fair bit of the game but mentally we didn't crumble, especially after the equaliser. Defence held well, some cracking stops from Colins, and for Thomas to get a goal on the break rather than a set piece was eye popping. Results like this are great, not only to get something from a fancied team in their own back yard but adds to the mentally that gives them self belief and trust in Robins. All did their bit today, proud of them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Had to chuckle 5 Live calling it "the old farm derby".

Under a lot of pressure for a fair bit of the game but mentally we didn't crumble, especially after the equaliser. Defence held well, some cracking stops from Colins, and for Thomas to get a goal on the break rather than a set piece was eye popping. Results like this are great, not only to get something from a fancied team in their own back yard but adds to the mentally that gives them self belief and trust in Robins. All did their bit today, proud of them.
A result and performance like that will do far more for team spirit and morale than any trip to the bowling alley. Not to remind Wright of his efforts of course

Chris1987

some good points - and I’m not necessarily meaning today in terms of negativity, he is in the main good with setting the team up tactically for what’s in front of them, but what I’m saying is if we are aiming for top six for three out of five years then perhaps sometimes we need to be a bit more fearless? One point is better than none, sometimes three is there for the taking too…
In my opinion the Jan Transfer Window may well address this

procdoc

I went out with my mate who I have a season ticket with. He’s not on this forum but I quote: ‘anyone that thinks we should set up the same way away at Leeds and expect to get a result is thick as fuck and shouldn’t watch football’
Hard to disagree, I thought JD coming in was questionable but Robins knows more than any of us put together

Chris1987

…you *to* replace

although I do agree, Robins isn’t tactically naive, but we do need a shift in mentality (club, fans, etc…) if we are to be taken seriously as a top six club with a realistic promotion shot.

I did think the playoff run would’ve done it but so far it hasn’t quite carried forward
That's because the recruitment process hasn't finished yet and we simply do not have players of the necessary attributes to do what you say. It's very naive to think that we can take a game to a club with a massive parachute payment and regardless of what you say a number of premier league quality players.Time will hopefully change our approach

Users who are viewing this thread