Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (5 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

I mean virtually everyone can see Robins played the wrong formation and wrong players, leaving out Collins, Bidwell and Kitching) for the vast majority of the season. As well as the usual favourites and subs nonsense.
Never mind the potential waste of £m's on disappointing transfers.
Objectively he's had a very poor start.
Taking Hamer off against Leicester 1-0 up, taking Hamer off against Wimbledon 1-0 up, sticking with DaSilva, when Bidwell was in a solid defence last season

Evo1883

Some people will never understand how a superior team 2 nil up take their foot off and relax.
That really isn't 'pretty even' and the stats are warped by the losing chasing team, including xg yawwwwwn..

2 nil is hardly a strong enough scoreline to relax

calibrase6

More doom and gloom, because we have lost a game 😒
No, its about tactics. We will try and play an expansive game on Friday, Birmingham will set up to counter us and park the bus as Rooney needs a result. we will batter them and play them off the park but they will get one chance and score then just dig in. Currently we are too easy to score against, even though we had 3 clean sheets in a row we still gave up a number of chances in all the games.

clint van damme

Overall progress means finishing higher than 5th, and to be honest i think the chances of that are pretty much zero.

And that would mean after 6 years of progression we take a step back, not many teams make year on year progress for 6 years so we need to take it on the chin and keeping backing the team and the manager otherwise we sound like the sort of entitled EPL wanks we're all so fond of slating.

fernandopartridge

we gave Burnley and Sheff Utd far harder matches than we gave Ipswich today who clearly were in 3rd gear in 2nd half. both were far better than Ipswich as well.
Doyle and McNally are massive losses. Kitching and Thomas are significant downgrades on them
Burnley yes, Sheffield United beat us at a canter and sat back for the second half

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

calibrase6

Ya I assumed that's what it was
I've done it before on football manager on rival away games. Then regret it and wish I had stuck to my guns

Tell him just to reload the last save and try again
Big weakness on Football manager is changes to tactics never ever works as i think the AI is based on a consistent playing style and any deviation weakens the team and its an issue they have never addressed. Whenever i try and go ultra defensive and put 5 at the back and three holding midfielders to see out a game every time the opposition scores in injury time. Its utter bollocks so i just restart the game to teach the computer a lesson that cheating doesnt work.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Reading through the thread seems a lot of people had the same questions I did on seeing the line-up. Baffling choices.

If you think Godden needs a rest, you've got Simms on the bench who looked decent enough in his sub appearance last time out. Instead move Wright, who' looked a lot better in a wider attacking position the last few games, back central where he's looked poor.

If you think Saka is tired and needs a rest, why is a half-fit O'Hare any better?

If you want to be more solid in midfield why play the aforementioned half-fit O'hare alongside Ayari, who plays with the urgency of a sloth on temazepam?

calibrase6

And that would mean after 6 years of progression we take a step back, not many teams make year on year progress for 6 years so we need to take it on the chin and keeping backing the team and the manager otherwise we sound like the sort of entitled EPL wanks we're all so fond of slating.
I am fully behind Robins, he can have a job for life as far as i am concerned. I just feel he is trying to be too creative and not doing the basics right, which for me with a rebuilt squad is first of all making the team horrible to play against and miserly in chances it gives up. And that means by now we should have a clear idea about the best defensive 7 if we are playing 2 holding midfielders and a back 4. Im also not convinced Collins is better than Wilson. Not sure Robins is either. Too much chopping and changing this season defensively.

calibrase6

Reading through the thread seems a lot of people had the same questions I did on seeing the line-up. Baffling choices.

If you think Godden needs a rest, you've got Simms on the bench who looked decent enough in his sub appearance last time out. Instead move Wright, who' looked a lot better in a wider attacking position the last few games, back central where he's looked poor.

If you think Saka is tired and needs a rest, why is a half-fit O'Hare any better?

If you want to be more solid in midfield why play the aforementioned half-fit O'hare alongside Ayari, who plays with the urgency of a sloth on temazepam?
spot on

SkyblueTexan

I don’t care where in the table Ipswich are. The manner of the loss was painful. We basically started off with 9-10 men since Ayari is nowhere near Championship quality and CoH is not ready to start. Going 1 down 5 minutes in was really disappointing. Anyone would know they have a habit of scoring early. Collins positioning was poor and should have done more to narrow the angle. Sheaf was poor today with many misplaced passes and wayward shots. Penalty miss was unforgivable. Godden shouldn’t start anymore.

Evo1883

Even if Robins got it bang on today , it was still a tough ask to win today
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

calibrase6

I don’t care where in the table Ipswich are. The manner of the loss was painful. We basically started off with 9-10 men since Ayari is nowhere near Championship quality and CoH is not ready to start. Going 1 down 5 minutes in was really disappointing. Anyone would know they have a habit of scoring early. Collins positioning was poor and should have done more to narrow the angle. Sheaf was poor today with many misplaced passes and wayward shots. Penalty miss was unforgivable. Godden shouldn’t start anymore.
100% spot on mate

Matt smith

I criticized Callum o hare prior to this and early on

must admit I thought he was very good from 20 mins onwards and the Callum we’ve all loved watching

clint van damme

I criticized Callum o hare prior to this and early on

must admit I thought he was very good from 20 mins onwards and the Callum we’ve all loved watching

The notion he's not ready to start is nonsense.
He's lacking sharpness but what does anyone expect after a lengthy lay off?

clint van damme

As I said, thought he was good today Clint

what would you do next week, start him again?

Yeah, was referring to the comment in the post you were replying to.
If he's up to two games in 6 days then yes, he's only going to get up to speed by getting minutes under his belt.

HerneBayGaz

No, its about tactics. We will try and play an expansive game on Friday, Birmingham will set up to counter us and park the bus as Rooney needs a result. we will batter them and play them off the park but they will get one chance and score then just dig in. Currently we are too easy to score against, even though we had 3 clean sheets in a row we still gave up a number of chances in all the games.
Thank you mystic Meg 🤣

Martin180

I am fully behind Robins, he can have a job for life as far as i am concerned. I just feel he is trying to be too creative and not doing the basics right, which for me with a rebuilt squad is first of all making the team horrible to play against and miserly in chances it gives up. And that means by now we should have a clear idea about the best defensive 7 if we are playing 2 holding midfielders and a back 4. Im also not convinced Collins is better than Wilson. Not sure Robins is either. Too much chopping and changing this season defensively.
Collins is a step up on Wilson , not sure he could do a lot with either goal today

Hobo

Ipswich are a very good team who are flying....just accept the fact.

We have rebuilt and still finding our feet... Just accept the fact.

It is small margins and we are going in the right direction. We were never going to replicate last season this season.

robbiethemole

Several other teams have taken very good loans from Brighton, we have been lumbered with Ayari! Is it revenge for getting Gyokeres for a steal and making a big profit on him?.

Grendel

Ipswich are a very good team who are flying....just accept the fact.

We have rebuilt and still finding our feet... Just accept the fact.

It is small margins and we are going in the right direction. We were never going to replicate last season this season.
we are going in the right direction?

pusbccfc

Several other teams have taken very good loans from Brighton, we have been lumbered with Ayari! Is it revenge for getting Gyokeres for a steal and making a big profit on him?.

Sometimes it just doesn't work. Young lads being moved about for a short period of time.

He could and probably will go on to have a decent career.

Matt smith

It’s like Andy Moran for Blackburn is quality on loan from Brighton, yet we get Ayari ffs

Users who are viewing this thread