Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Ipswich Town - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Gint11

Tough game against a team who’s making the champ look easy for a promoted team. In saying that it’s a good ground for us and we have 2 wins and 3 clean sheets. A win here would boost the team massively but I’d take a draw.

TomRad85

Ipswich will be found out. Good manager, average squad on paper. Still tough though of course, I reckon a draw.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Extra day's rest might should work in our favour. Some players looked knackered last night by the 70 minute mark (Allen and Eccles in particular).
Simms for Godden, but otherwise unchanged for me. Hopefully Kasey Palmer on the bench

shmmeee

Am I right in thinking they’ve not scored less than two in a game at home this season and won every home game? 😬

SkyblueTexan

Tough match and they're really good at home. Really impressed by what they've achieved so far (and how easy it's they've made it look) after just being promoted. Can't believe Connor Chaplin has become as good as he has (fair play to him I suppose). Knowing MR, he'll keep the lineup unchanged, but rotations may be needed here as I wasn't very impressed by what I saw vs Plymouth. Another clean sheet here for us would be massive.

SkyblueTexan

Am I right in thinking they’ve not scored less than two in a game at home this season and won every home game? 😬
Think Leeds beat them there

CV22SBA

Tough game, best home record in the league this season but they do concede a lot of goals. Hopefully, our clean sheet run continues here and we can sneak one on the break.

Can't believe this isn't sold out as one of the lowest allocations this season.

shmmeee

Tough game, best home record in the league this season but they do concede a lot of goals. Hopefully, our clean sheet run continues here and we can sneak one on the break.

Can't believe this isn't sold out as one of the lowest allocations this season.

Fucking miles away and Christmas payday probably have something to do with it

SkyBlueSoul

I admire some people's confidence, not quite there myself. We've looked a lot better the last two games but last night wasn't totally convincing, which admittedly you could put down to us being a bit leggy after Saturday and keeping the same line up.

Don't think we'll get rolled over but they're up there on merit now. Only thing giving me hope is that they've conceded 2 in each of their last 5 league games. Pessimistic prediction 2-1 loss, optimistic prediction 2-2.

ccfcricoh

they've had a great start and are there on merit, i dont think they'll stick it out and still be there in May though.

Hopefully their recent dip in form continues and we can come away with at least a point

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Been impressed with Ipswich this season, but I think City have just started to gel now and players are finding their feet at last. I'd love a win but head tells me a 1-1 draw. Wright to score late on with the equaliser.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd like to see the same 4-3-3 formation that started against Millwall, but using Simms for Godden to start. It worked really well. Nice to have seen Sakamoto on the score sheet. That will boost his confidence no end.

mmttww

Ah msybevim thinking Norwich
Cockatoo U Wot M8 GIF

Users who are viewing this thread