Hoffman (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

In with Boddy though isn’t it?
Not really I’ve met and talked with boddy I only know what others have said regarding Mr Hoffman
That’s low from you and I expect more of you. Boddy is the ceo he’s the one we have to engage with. I have no feelings towards him about whether he can or has or will take the club forward from here

Grendel

The other great reference on Hoffman - and what ultimate finished the sky blues trust as a remotely credible voice of the fans - was the total delusion that Preston Haskell was a serious bidder and turned the council against the club which started the downfall - now a self declared bankrupt who faces jail if he enters the country again

rob9872

The other great reference on Hoffman - and what ultimate finished the sky blues trust as a remotely credible voice of the fans - was the total delusion that Preston Haskell was a serious bidder and turned the council against the club which started the downfall - now a self declared bankrupt who faces jail if he enters the country again
Careful, they'll be threatening the boss of your business to ask you to sack yourself if you keep going.

NorthernWisdom

You compared him to Dale Evans who hadn’t a pot to piss in and a so called banking guru thought was the real deal
... Whilst there was great scepticism elsewhere. Double it up with Haskell, throw SISU in the mix and it's fair to say Hoffman's judgement about potential financial partners for CCFC hasn't been great. Now that could actually be because as a fan he lets his objectivity go a bit in the desperation for a saviour (I'll even let him off Evans as just saying nice things and not really caring), but the track record was never the most encouraging.

So maybe involvement with the stadium is better, allows him to step back a bit. His career outside of CCFC is certainly a good one after all.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It wasn’t a rumour it was a specific quote from Elliot in the minutes.
Not as I recall.

There was a bit about potentially closing the academy and then a comment from JE that it would look bad (my paraphrase).

Now, firstly, JE had historically been the sponsor of the academy, so it would be a bit of an about turn for him to then be pushing to close it.

Secondly, I have far too many years' experience of Boards and how Board minutes are used.

In most Boards, any contentious decisions are/were made before the meeting started and then went through "on the nod" (very different now, if you're in a regulated sector).

I took the JE comments to be a watered down reference to him challenging the proposal to close the academy, not to be proof that he was pushing it.

Still, only those actually in the meeting will know.

Brylowes

I don't doubt that he wants the club to do well. But don't be so naive to think that he doesn't hold his personal profile over what's best for the club.
Well the exact same thing could be said about anyone, why would anyone place the best interests of their career/work life above that of their own family and personal interests.
But why would that particular scenario ever come to pass anyway 🤔 I’m pretty sure that just like most people ‘Gary Hoffman is more than capable of finding a good professional/family balance.

chiefdave

That is a bit naive.
Yeah you're right, the track record of business people being dropped into top positions at the stadium is fantastic, definitely no cause for concern. I mean its not like Hoffman has shown him to be a spectacularly bad judge of character where CCFC are concerned

Obviously I hope it works out brilliantly for us but the track record of both Hoffmans involvement with CCFC and the fact he will be working in Frasers best interest not ours doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Hoping I get proved 100% wrong

Skybluetracy

People need to make their own minds up based on their own experiences. I knew of him when he and I were both kids and I thought he was odd.
How did you know him? How old were you both? I know lots of people that have known him and just say he is a proud Cov kid who has done well but still loves the city and watches every week with his family. And at Cov building Society he was chairman and very well respected

The Philosopher

Why is that creepy, and i ask as a former pupil ?
Before my time but wasn’t that next to one of the cloakrooms near Rev Kelly’s “monastery”. Or was that the pottery studio?

Don’t know why there’s so much hate for Hoffman - 100% Sky Blue, former head of the EPL, clearly wants what’s best for the club.

Yeah, he’s made some judgement errors but I think he had influence in getting the club back to the arena with CBS.

He’s a Sky Blue, an Old Wheat and now he’s taken a role at the Arena. Much rather him involved at that level than someone who only has Frasers’ best interests at heart. With his CV he could be doing career stuff elsewhere with his time.

Good news I think.

Danceswithhorses

Before my time but wasn’t that next to one of the cloakrooms near Rev Kelly’s “monastery”. Or was that the pottery studio?

Don’t know why there’s so much hate for Hoffman - 100% Sky Blue, former head of the EPL, clearly wants what’s best for the club.

Yeah, he’s made some judgement errors but I think he had influence in getting the club back to the arena with CBS.

He’s a Sky Blue, an Old Wheat and now he’s taken a role at the Arena. Much rather him involved at that level than someone who only has Frasers’ best interests at heart. With his CV he could be doing career stuff elsewhere with his time.

Good news I think.
One end of the cloakroom was the art room, and the other end was Rev Kelly's room, a music room, and the very end room was where economics was 'taught'/regurgitated from 30 year old notes iirc.
Rev Kelly....uurrgghh....now he was very 'creepy'

Last edited:

AndreasB

No fan of Hoffmanns antics with ridiculous potential takeovers but some of the Nudge Nudge comments about him on here are disgraceful.

Grendel

Not according to Overson who quit his consortium

He also tried to get Haskell in who was just a chancer who’d have busted the club

Grendel

Erm? It's not though is it.

Remember the "leaked" photos of him meeting with Wasps years before that?

Didn’t he arrange a rental deal with them when he didn’t even own the club

Users who are viewing this thread