Head of Recruitment Chris Badlan and Chief Scout Stuart Benthom have left the Club. (2 Viewers)

Sbarcher

Maybe posted elsewhere but Chris Allen also gone?

(to be fair didn’t know he was here) (or he might be doing both roles - not really clear)

That's a tough one. My local non-league side just up the road who I regularly watch. Bottom of SLS but try to play decent football.

slowpoke

Wish them well at Blackpool,and just adds to the carnage behind the scenes at city which seems to be going tits up.Just when on the pitch were looking on the up.
Don’t agree things are ropey changes happen behind the scenes often when contracts are running out not saying this is the case. My betting replacements are lined up.

blunted

Wonder who screwed up Hyam's replacement not having enough points to qualify playing in the UK? Surely, Blackpool is not a step up or does he have a more responsible job? Can they really pay more than us?

Hertsccfc

Tavares will be another who ends up released in the future and stays in the lower leagues. The clamour to play his has been just like Ponticelli.
When have all these matches been that you have seen him play? You have always been so definite that he isn't good enough but I wonder how you know?

The Philosopher

Tavares will be another who ends up released in the future and stays in the lower leagues. The clamour to play his has been just like Ponticelli.
You are probably right but I’m guessing his wages are low so worth a year or two.

He could end up a Ponti, but equally we were going to let McSheff go for £80k and a few years later we got a decent fee (£3m in total?). Sheff was great before he left first time.

If Tavares isn’t costing much then keep him around I’d say.

Sick Boy

When have all these matches been that you have seen him play? You have always been so definite that he isn't good enough but I wonder how you know?
He’s going on 22 and hardly features for us - fair enough if you genuinely believe he’ll go onto have a career in the Championship but I really don’t see it.
I reckon he’ll be another one released at the end of his contract; he really would have been better off going out on loan this season to aid his development.

Frostie

Wonder who screwed up Hyam's replacement not having enough points to qualify playing in the UK? Surely, Blackpool is not a step up or does he have a more responsible job? Can they really pay more than us?

Nobody screwed it up as such. We identify targets well in advance at which point he qualified with ease. He then played (about 45mins) in a lower division which immediately made him ineligible. It's a shit system.

SBT

Nobody screwed it up as such. We identify targets well in advance at which point he qualified with ease. He then played (about 45mins) in a lower division which immediately made him ineligible. It's a shit system.
It’s undeniably a shit system but it’s still his job to know how it works, especially when we’re in the last days of a transfer window.

PVA

Tavares is fine as a 4th choice striker who gets 5 mins off the bench now and then.

We're at our best with 1 striker, we aren't going to have 4 on the bench every week. With everyone fit whoever is 4th choice is barely going to get any minutes, might as well be Tavares on a low wage and use Walker/Waghorns wage on a backup LWB or other position.

That's not to say I think Tavares is any good, or is better than Walker/Waghorn, just that wages can be better spent elsewhere than on an expensive 4th choice striker.

Last edited:

CDK

Wish them well and can hope the list of players identified come to nothing or robins is already aware of them.

shmmeee

Surely any database of players is CCFC IP? That’s been standard anywhere I’ve worked. But I seem to recall something about a previous scout taking theirs with them or something?

Philosorapter

Surely any database of players is CCFC IP? That’s been standard anywhere I’ve worked. But I seem to recall something about a previous scout taking theirs with them or something?

One database I wouldn't mind having a flick through. Just out of curiosity sake.

Nick

Administrator
Badlan also said he looked at players whole at wolves.

Users who are viewing this thread