Head of Recruitment Chris Badlan and Chief Scout Stuart Benthom have left the Club. (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Coventry City can confirm that Head of Recruitment Chris Badlan and Chief Scout Stuart Benthom have left the Club to explore new opportunities.

Badlan arrived at the Sky Blues in May 2018 and he played an important role in bringing together the squad that would go on to win promotion in 2020 and then established themselves in the Championship, scouting a number of the current squad.

Meanwhile, Benthom joined the Club as Recruitment Analyst in the Summer of 2017 and became Chief Scout in 2022.

Chris Badlan said:

“I want to thank Coventry City FC, especially Mark Robins and David Boddy for the opportunity to be a head of recruitment for the first time and for a fantastic 5 years with lots of memories to take with me.

“I remember seeing the Sky Blue Army for the first time at the League 2 Play-Off final where 40,000 were singing and still get goosebumps hearing you all now, especially the away following

“I’ve loved working for your football club and like to think can walk away with head held high.

“I’ve made a number of close friends in my time working here and want to thank all the coaches, back room staff and players for the fantastic memories.

“I wish you all good luck for the season. #PUSB.”

Coventry City Manager Mark Robins said:

“I would like to put on record my thanks for the work that Chris has done over the time that he has been with the Club and wish him the best of luck the future.

“I would also like to extend that thanks to Stuart too, and also wish him the best for the future.”

Coventry City will announce details of the new look Recruitment Department in due course.

Briles

Ohare Hamer and Gyok made up for Kastaneer, Hillsner and Dacosta.

Good luck to them, be interesting who comes in.

edgy

"New look Recruitment Department" is an interesting line. Sounds like a shake up ready for the imminent warchest heading Robin's way.

Skyblue_CP

Yep, looks like it was just a good opportunity for Chris, rather than us changing it due to anything else.

Bugsy

Coventry City can confirm that Head of Recruitment Chris Badlan and Chief Scout Stuart Benthom have left the Club to explore new opportunities.

Badlan arrived at the Sky Blues in May 2018 and he played an important role in bringing together the squad that would go on to win promotion in 2020 and then established themselves in the Championship, scouting a number of the current squad.

Meanwhile, Benthom joined the Club as Recruitment Analyst in the Summer of 2017 and became Chief Scout in 2022.

Chris Badlan said:

“I want to thank Coventry City FC, especially Mark Robins and David Boddy for the opportunity to be a head of recruitment for the first time and for a fantastic 5 years with lots of memories to take with me.

“I remember seeing the Sky Blue Army for the first time at the League 2 Play-Off final where 40,000 were singing and still get goosebumps hearing you all now, especially the away following

“I’ve loved working for your football club and like to think can walk away with head held high.

“I’ve made a number of close friends in my time working here and want to thank all the coaches, back room staff and players for the fantastic memories.

“I wish you all good luck for the season. #PUSB.”

Coventry City Manager Mark Robins said:

“I would like to put on record my thanks for the work that Chris has done over the time that he has been with the Club and wish him the best of luck the future.

“I would also like to extend that thanks to Stuart too, and also wish him the best for the future.”

Coventry City will announce details of the new look Recruitment Department in due course.

nice words to be fair, we move onwards and upwards .....PUSB

Lord_Nampil

I remember a throw away line Robins made about transfers awhile back, how we may need to do things differently moving forward, is this linked with these announcements ??

Reactions: TTG

skyblueeyesrevisited

I remember a throw away line Robins made about transfers awhile back, how we may need to do things differently moving forward, is this linked with these announcements ??
Brown paper bags changing hands in dimly lit car parks different. Or hiring someone who is used to shopping in Harrods different?

Mcbean

Filling that position from here should be a piece of piss given the transfer suggestions

Ronaldo is the new sky blue king 🤩

AFCCOVENTRY

Let’s see who Storey has lined up to replace Badlan as he has 5 players already lined up. Maybe Storey is the new Head of Recruitment?

chinamans view

Its all going to change now for us, is it a good or bad sign? still we dont need them if Storey gets the club, he has singed 5 players already but says he wont get involved with playing side , haha . . Will Robins stay??? this is now a big question, I have my reservations now , we will just have to wait and see. We are going to see many changes in the coming months that is for sure.

MAFF

i think this guy might have the worst twitter account in existence...other than the coventry king. he's just endlessly tweeting that screenshot of the end of the statement? strange guy.

mark82

But in reality, looks like he's be offered a good position on (probably) more dosh.

Think it probably suits both parties. Our situation will be changing in the coming months, and given they came on board in the lower leagues it may be that they'll be going for more money.

The Philosopher

Maybe posted elsewhere but Chris Allen also gone?

(to be fair didn’t know he was here) (or he might be doing both roles - not really clear)

shmmeee

Interesting move just before a transfer window. Storey deal gone through and no need with the tens of millions worth of players he’s got lined up?

Users who are viewing this thread