Hamer (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

Of the 16 games without him since promotion, we’ve W4 D5 L7

Marty

Gutted by the news, the one player I didn't want to lose. It's going to be a long season.

Londonccfcfan

So looking for: a talismanic player who can drive us forwards, pull the strings of the team, pick passes anywhere on the pitch, agressive, hard working, skilful, captain potential, excellent ball recovery stats, under 25, who loves being here, can shoot from range, will get double figures goals and assists, and can take set pieces.

Simple.
What didnt he do. Cant he do.

Hes twice the player Sander Berge is Sheffield united will be drooling about Gus.

I'm happy to see him play in the Premier week in week out. Deserves it.

Hope theres a big sell on clause.

Corrado

Animated GIF
GIMOC is a massive bellend

Londonccfcfan

Completely agree. First time I saw him in that Rangers friendly you could tell he was a really good player. At times been on a different wavelength to the rest of the squad. Last year towards the end the levels he hit were unreal. Amazed we've been able to hold on to him three years.
Alot just couldnt see how good he is actually was.

Think he scored 5 goals before end of Jan in first season. Which should have shown just what we had in store.

Some on here even doubted we had any bids for him. Lol

TomRad85

I'd be surprised if Robins can't build a better team with what will end up being around 30 million i reckon vs the team he built from the bird seed SISU scattered at his feet. Its just annoying we still clearly have a lot to do with the season already started. Points in these games count the same as points gathered further into the season.

djr8369

It's not a computer game. You don't replace somebody as influential as this easily. It will take us a good while to adjust and who knows, the replacement(s) may not work out, wouldn't be the first time.

Hopefully we get ourselves over the line tomorrow and can stay in touch, but things have suddenly become a lot more difficult.
Teams rebuild and improve all the time. Of course, teams also sell their best players and get worse all the time. It all depends on who is brought in.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I've got over the disappointment, I was told it was happening on Tuesday. Great player but for someone who has been following the club since the early 70s I felt the same when Ian Wallace went to Forest. We have stability now and DK seems ambitious so I am now more interested to see the replacement. I think despite the summer sales which have been excellent business, the club is now on a great footing and in the best place its been for decades. Don't forget Robins is used to building teams and he will do it again. If PSG can do without Neymar and Mbappe it shows what can happen at all levels, football is a business where the players now hold the cards. Also good luck Gus and thanks.

eastwoodsdustman

Missed all of this kicking off as ive been busy.
I was gutted losing at Wembley as it meant losing vik and gus so i’m almost ok about it now as it was always happening.
He has been the best performing midfielder I’ve seen us have since Boateng. He has everything that you want in a midfield player and I’m just glad I’ve had the privilege of seeing him week in and week out for the last few years.
£15 mill for someone with less than a year on his contract is good business.

David O'Day

I'd be surprised if Robins can't build a better team with what will end up being around 30 million i reckon vs the team he built from the bird seed SISU scattered at his feet. Its just annoying we still clearly have a lot to do with the season already started. Points in these games count the same as points gathered further into the season.
It's just performative grief

We'll have a better team. In fact, we still have a better team than last year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Pusb1

it's annoying yes. but we've got 35 million for 2 players. When has that ever happened?

As proved by the Harry Kane saga, every club is a selling club.

Having the opportunity to build an entirely new team, which was needed due to the magnitude of loanees leaving and aging players, wouldn't have been possible without this investment.

Yes, we need to ensure we reinvest it well, but it's the best opportunity Robins will have to put entirely his stamp on the squad with cash available.

I for one trust MR and his team.

The next month or two could be tricky whilst we bring in players and the team gel and adapt, but we'll be in an overall stronger position (squad depth wise) than previously.

#pusb

Covkid1968#

This one I'm a bit more gutted than I was with vik though , I am happy with the fees , just gutted we won't see him play for Coventry again .. he's been a joy at times
You can never say never…. Our frontline clicks and we nick promotion and Gus returns.!!😎

…. He’s never going to play for Coventry again is he 😳

TomRad85

It's just performative grief

We'll have a better team. In fact, we still have a better team than last year

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
We certainly have a better squad. For me its a bit unclear if the first 11 is better yet, although i think it definitely will be by the time the window shuts.

djr8369

Tell you what I can’t wait for this window to be over. It’s been exciting as well as agonising but with every singing being leaked then waiting for them to be co firmed even the exciting bits have been somewhat frustrating.

Now we have 3 weeks left worrying whether we get a decent replacement.

Londonccfcfan

Missed all of this kicking off as ive been busy.
I was gutted losing at Wembley as it meant losing vik and gus so i’m almost ok about it now as it was always happening.
He has been the best performing midfielder I’ve seen us have since Boateng. He has everything that you want in a midfield player and I’m just glad I’ve had the privilege of seeing him week in and week out for the last few years.
£15 mill for someone with less than a year on his contract is good business.
Boateng was one ugly footballer, Gus is polar opposite so easy on the eye.

Pending Dutch call up happening soon, another thing I predicted and was laughed at.

clint van damme

Id argue the level of football Hamer is playing at is comparable if not better than 1998 Premiership football TBH. Dublin is the closest in terms of overall impact on the team, and as I say probably a better player. But they’re not on completely different levels.

Seriously?! Dom Hyam is one par with World Cup winner Frank LeBouef!

David O'Day

Ah nice one, I feel better already knowing that.

I’m sure we will be fine though of course.
Yeah you will be.

In the mean time I'm happy it's over and I'm happy we got a good fee for him, which to be fair is the best we could of hoped once it was clear he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Users who are viewing this thread