Hamer (4 Viewers)

SBbucks

Yeah, that sorry is yet more Nixon bollocks. Robins will have known all along if he won't sign we'd have to sell.

He maybe shocked that Sheffield are the ones to pony up the 15m but he will have known if no contract then he needs to be sold

The massive hug Robins gave Gus when he was substituted on Wednesday evening said it all, that was the goodbye and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

It’s such a shitter it’s happened this season when we finally had the ability to start succession planning for these types of players.
Well, let's see. This could well make us stronger. Let's see who we can bring in. If we can get someone decent and then strengthen the squad elsewhere, we are still on course for a great season ahead..

Nobbie_67

Glad the saga is over. He's been immense for us, particularly since coming back after his red cards last season, but I'm sure MR has plans in place, the squad investments after Vik left have impressed me so far. We go again. Keep the faith

Grendel

Dublin and McAllister were far better than Hamer.
And our position and objectives were far different then to what they are now.

Correct - such drama queens on here - losing both is clearly not ideal but we have resources to move on

clint van damme

Every club is a selling club

Spot on, (Ronaldo left United for Real), you've just got to get as high up the chain as you can and reduce the pool of clubs who can poach off you.

Don't think we'll be losing anymore players to Reading or Preston in the near future so we've made progress in that department.

Essexrobbie

Record season ticket sales, full house tomorrow....I wonder what this announcement would have done had it been three weeks ago. Whenever City lose a talisman and star player we dip. Saw it with Dublin Keane not sure about McAllister as well.

Grendel

Record season ticket sales, full house tomorrow....I wonder what this announcement would have done had it been three weeks ago. Whenever City lose a talisman and star player we dip. Saw it with Dublin Keane not sure about McAllister as well.

We did not dip when Dublin left - we replaced Keane with someone who was too young and not experienced. Also our defence was shite.

The CableGuy

I've never seen a City player control the midfield like he did. I'm sad, but the sale has to be done if Hamer's not signing a new contract.

Tomorrow's game has just got a lot harder.

clint van damme

We did not dip when Dublin left - we replaced Keane with someone who was too young and not experienced. Also our defence was shite.

We lost one of my all time favourites and by far our main goal threat at the time and won the FA Cup shortly afterwards.

TomRad85

I've always been a Hamer rater but part way into last season he was not worth 15 million. We've sold him at his peak and with 1 year left, 15 million is outrageous business. From his point of view i'm guessing he'll want to show enough in that dismal team that at least he himself gets to stay in the Prem next season.

rob9872

As much concerned about the timing as the sale. A day before first home game having lost the first away, should've been done if it was happening or not at all. Can't go into it unless we're ready to announce a replacement at the same time. Worry for morale of the new boys too who will have seen him as the talisman and they'll need to see investment or wonder what they've committed to.

Short term I'd even suggest a formation change to get an extra man I'm the middle but as we've not even experimented preseason I guess that's out.

Much more depressing than Vik's departure for me. I trust MR to get it right, but it's going to take time and I doubt the opportunity to catch up and challenge like we did last season.

its a buzzard

So looking for: a talismanic player who can drive us forwards, pull the strings of the team, pick passes anywhere on the pitch, agressive, hard working, skilful, captain potential, excellent ball recovery stats, under 25, who loves being here, can shoot from range, will get double figures goals and assists, and can take set pieces.

Simple.
The idea that another Vik, O'Hare or Gus can't be unearthed is daft. Exciting season ahead.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

long way home

Both Hamer and Vik are now placed firmly in the rear view mirror. For some it will be tough to handle and for some a reason the think the sky has fallen in. But for those who are the most important now in what happens on the grass will know they have no option. We will see who is a good character and strong personality to drive the team forward as we will see some who will shrink under more scrutiny and want out.

Robins will no doubt be pragmatic and say nothing to see here, we are in the business of finding solutions to problems everyday. Nothing changes, like Vik he will probably make little noise about it or just a short thank you and wish Gus well. Im sure they will be some players feeling it today, but most knew after Wembley what the outcome would be. We just now hope the club at the top learn from the past and plan for the future with a goal in mind. As for fans we commit to a lifetime of support, the players commit to a contract which will never be permanent at any club.

Last edited:

David O'Day

I've always been a Hamer rater but part way into last season he was not worth 15 million. We've sold him at his peak and with 1 year left, 15 million is outrageous business. From his point of view i'm guessing he'll want to show enough in that dismal team that at least he himself gets to stay in the Prem next season.
I bet loads now performing performative grief over the sale of Hamer would of took 5 million after that Brum game

shmmeee

Dublin and McAllister were far better than Hamer.
And our position and objectives were far different than to what they are now.

Dublin better, not sure about far better. McAllister better for one of his seasons, the others not so much. And we were literally relegated the season after McAllister left!

jim20

Dissapointing we’ve sold him after the season has started, hopefully we will replace move on and grow. Maybe we won’t get promoted this season but maybe in the next 3 or 4 seasons it could still happen

Users who are viewing this thread